Author Topic: New keeper?  (Read 14254 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New keeper?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 10:05:18 PM »
Timms it is

truthsayer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 10:07:40 PM »
Oh good. Another convicted fraudster at York Street.
Are we not supposed to learn from history?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 10:15:03 PM »

We operate similar to charity shops , except we find the ex-convicts work after they,ve done time  :dan

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 10:21:49 PM »
Why do some people have to always look to the past. Give the guy a chance and sto judging him on his past. Sounds like a real decent signing.

BUFCBUCK

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 10:22:31 PM »
Top signing by all accounts! He want's to prove himself at a higher level, young , vocal  and will be a much needed strong presence at the back.
Well done DG! More of the same!

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 10:25:38 PM »
His past is his past great signing big keeper just what we need he's a pilgrim now onwards and upwards

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 10:29:17 PM »
So long as he's learned his lesson and acts proffessionally while he's here I don't have a problem with him. To be fair it's a big opportunity for him at a big and well supported club. He's got a real chance to build himself a reputation now.  With that in mind I'd sooner focus on his abilities.

Looking at the videos he seems to have good distribution with a monster throw.  We could be pretty good on the counter.  Also looks confident and commanding in the box with good shot stopping.  I feel quietly confident that we have got ourself a top keeper here.  I liked Haystead but he seemed to have problems with confidence at times, I don't see this guy having that problem.

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 10:35:28 PM »
well said spot on
So long as he's learned his lesson and acts proffessionally while he's here I don't have a problem with him. To be fair it's a big opportunity for him at a big and well supported club. He's got a real chance to build himself a reputation now.  With that in mind I'd sooner focus on his abilities.

Looking at the videos he seems to have good distribution with a monster throw.  We could be pretty good on the counter.  Also looks confident and commanding in the box with good shot stopping.  I feel quietly confident that we have got ourself a top keeper here.  I liked Haystead but he seemed to have problems with confidence at times, I don't see this guy having that problem.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 10:35:45 PM »

No, if we did we could start a dangerous trend  :'(
Sounds like a decent signing, a good start Dennis  8)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 11:27:16 PM »

What do we do with ex-convicts ?   
This guy did not rape or murder and has done his time ,   what grounds is there to deny him a livlihood ?

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 11:34:12 PM »
Always difficult to judge a player based on one game, but when Timms was released earlier in the season by Ilkeston (where he was the number 2) we quickly signed him so he could play in a League Cup tie in order that we could have a look at him with a view to him being a possible replacement for Bazza next season.

However, for someone who is 6'4" I don't recall him catching or actually coming for a single cross. The comment by many was he certainly doesn't command his area. He made a couple of decent saves but we did not pursue the interest and he didn't play for us again.

As I said at the beginning difficult to judge based on one game, but certainly has a good reputation as a keeper

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 07:38:27 AM »
So long as he's learned his lesson and acts proffessionally while he's here I don't have a problem with him.

I'm a bit concerned by the fact that he's been to prison twice - once for the blackmail offence and another time for money laundering (see story below). He also managed to implicate / involve two of his team mates in the second offence, so there are other worries about him becoming a bad influence in the camp. It is a case of learning lessons and moving on, but if had anything about him then shouldn't he have learnt those lessons after the first experience of prison life?

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Ilkeston-goalkeeper-Ashley-Timms-determined/story-16617167-detail/story.html#axzz2SOgfTZzb

Plenty of reservations off the pitch and personally I'd have preferred to sign Jan Budtz. On the pitch though, think Timms probably is a decent goalkeeper.

truthsayer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 09:15:25 AM »
if he is prepared to blackmail his closest friend for cash then the only way we will did out if he has changed is if he doesn't take a back hander to let a few in.
There is no evidence nor suggestion that he has done this previously but if he wants dollar to maintain his lifestyle and he can be bought. 
Let's not pretend sport is clean at any level. Everyone has a price and with his past the crooks are bound to come sniffing.
His reputation is that of a good set of hands between the posts. Let's just hope that's as sticky as his fingers get.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 09:19:34 AM »
The past is the past, give the guy a chance, I'm sure we have all got a "little skeleton in the cupboard" that we would be appalled of if folks kept referring to it!! ;)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 09:23:17 AM »
NICE to see JOHN BLACKWELL bringing a bit of PRO.. back to the club.
I would think D.G. would have been in the BAR interviewing outfield players.