Author Topic: Bye Jason  (Read 17650 times)

woad_pilgrim

Re: Bye Jason
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 09:40:53 AM »
I was right behind Jason up until the last few games when it became apparent he was not going to make the grade any time soon. Ross did him no favours blaming the YS crowd then being part of a team who put in the worst 2 performances of the season (much worse than anything we've seen at home) away from YS (Skelmersdale and Gloucester).

Jason must have agreed with this as he also said he was looking forward to getting away from YS, so playing that badly sealed his fate really. That and him seemingly losing the plot at Gloucester with his selection:

playing Jones on the wing were he didn't have the pace to beat a man, when he did get a cross in his height was needed in the middle as Newsh nor SWD could get near any cross. Bringing on Ward for Jones? Why not Sanders who is actually a forward? Smacked of desperation and not having the tactical know-how to win a game. Also again we saw a tactical change from their manager at half time, brought on a sub, pushed high up the pitch and defended from the front. Time and again we lost possession in our own half to players who just wanted it more and in the end a pretty poor Gloucester ran out comfy winners.

It's not just the 1 game, the last 6 coupled with the 4 defeats early doors have done for Jason, I liked him and wanted him to succeed but I think DN has got it spot on, gave him enough time, sacking any earlier would have not have given Jason a fair crack of the whip IMO.

The stas says it all, near on lost as many as we have won which as LPRA has stated is not enough at this level in almost a 2 year stint.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:42:38 AM by woad_pilgrim »

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2012, 10:04:57 AM »
I think you mean Drury BP who is now at Stamford .
Would please those who like a gobby manager .
Anyone hear Scotty inviting Drury to meet after the match at Corby to resolve an argument ?
http://stamfordafc.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=3404
Looks like Mr Drury does'nt want to come to Boston anyway...............we shall see.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2012, 04:42:16 PM »
Biggest mistake for me has been in midfield. Our progression under S&s was based on a solid back four witha strong power defender in Shaun witha workmanlike midfield with sleath and church, neither the most creative oh players but they didn't half cover some miles on the pitch.

This seems to have been dropped in favour of more flair players without the same work ethic. Time and time again this season we have been out done by workman midfielders who just work harder than ours. Not replacing church and sleath with similar type of player was always going to be a big ask but that's by they are managers and I'm not!!

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »
I think you mean Drury BP who is now at Stamford .
Would please those who like a gobby manager .
Anyone hear Scotty inviting Drury to meet after the match at Corby to resolve an argument ?
http://stamfordafc.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=3404
Looks like Mr Drury does'nt want to come to Boston anyway...............we shall see.

I guess there is a huge difference even if it takes reading behind the lines and what is actully said, between " I have not applied for the Boston job" and "Someone has contacted me about the Boston job"

I think Drury's experience in the Conf North could be a big advantage...oh to be a fly on the Chairmans wall! ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2012, 05:49:25 PM »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2012, 07:20:18 PM »
Biggest mistake for me has been in midfield. Our progression under S&s was based on a solid back four witha strong power defender in Shaun witha workmanlike midfield with sleath and church, neither the most creative oh players but they didn't half cover some miles on the pitch.

This seems to have been dropped in favour of more flair players without the same work ethic. Time and time again this season we have been out done by workman midfielders who just work harder than ours. Not replacing church and sleath with similar type of player was always going to be a big ask but that's by they are managers and I'm not!!

Playing good football, at any level is not enough.  People want to see wins, generally not caring for the manor in which they come, unless you lose.  Then playing pretty stuff and losing bides you a little more time and respect before you go.

We've played some pretty good stuff at times this year and have tried to do things that 'right way.'  That however isn't enough.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »
all i can say is good luck to whoever gets the gig,he's going to need it!!!

if we dont win the first twenty games on the trot by an avalanche of goals he'll get crucified......

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2012, 12:31:16 PM »
Could not dispute your comments  nikko.