Author Topic: Kidderminster .  (Read 23057 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster .
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2017, 08:50:22 PM »
A good point,yes it should have been 3,and Chapman will no doubt get a load of crap thrown at him on Tuesday night.
I think this is a decent point, and another attacker coming in this week, but Warren has departed now as his loan period is up.
So this team can take a double punch on the nose and come back, so Murray has succeeded in that if nothing else so far, and be honest last season's team would still be sulking and God knows how many goals would have been hammered past us.
Let's get another positive result on Tuesday night, come on chin up everyone.
I hope you're right chubby, but Ferriby games are never easy, and I fear the worst. Don't forget, it's our old mate Housham at their helm, and if he can get his 11 donkeys to wind us up and get under our skin in order to get a result, you can be sure he will do.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2017, 08:56:17 PM »
Very lucky to get a point today.  Not much more to be said apart from we are still not good enough to be where we want to be.

Take it you were there today, so how in gods name can you say we were lucky? Please answer, it should make good reading for those who couldn't get.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2017, 09:37:48 PM »
They were pish. We weren't any better although second half we come out with more belief and got on top until the last few minutes when they had a go.

But can't miss penalties and give them disgraceful goals like we did. Any remotely ruthless side would've won easily today against them.
They're miles worse than last year.

youngchubby69

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2017, 10:01:50 PM »
Good report oxo, I wasn't there, but it seems we are able to take a punch on the nose and come back from it fighting.
GHM has come up with some way to question my post on comparison, but last season's team would have crumble and did most of the time.
I am pleased you went and gave us the real perspective on the game.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2017, 10:12:43 PM »
Right let's get one thing straight I was there today along with another 58 you lot were not so, how can you say it was a lucky point? Kabbys' shot was going into the top corner and only got a slight deflection not a massive lucky one as suggested on here by someone who obviously not there. The fact is we could very easily have won and had them on the back foot all the second half. I suppose also that you didn't see the excellent ball from their keeper that set up the lad for their goal, yes our keeper rushed out into no mans land and never got near the scorer which was shocking. Yes Chapmans penalty was pathetic, almost a pass to their keeper. But the way Adam got them sorted for the second half was brilliant and we passed the ball about and looked really good. Nobody has been more critical than me but todays second half performance has lifted my spirits and I feel we will go on from here. Everyone is fully entitled to their opinion but please don't comment as though you saw the game.
Why attack people for having their own views on things regardless of it they attended or not ? I wasn't aware this was the criteria needed to be allowed to voice a personal opinion.

The radio commentary gave us that didn't go a good understanding of the game along with match reports from both sides.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of if they attended or not !  After all, its about winning, something we don't look capable of doing a regular intervals. My view is we are not looking as good at the moment as the last season. Against better teams we will get beat easily on current form. That is not to say that i don't believe that we could come good....we could. But we need to be knocking out some wins back to back, and soon.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2017, 08:49:02 AM »
Good report oxo, I wasn't there, but it seems we are able to take a punch on the nose and come back from it fighting.
GHM has come up with some way to question my post on comparison, but last season's team would have crumble and did most of the time.
I am pleased you went and gave us the real perspective on the game.

Chubby don't you understand the basics of football ?   Its a results based business .   

Compared with last season we have less points than we had last season . 

Over the last 25 games our points return  is not has good as Greens last 25 games .

This season in 8 games we have collected 8 points .   In his first 4 games using Greenes  "dross" as it has been referred to AM collected 8 points .   Apart from those 4 games he has only achieved a points return halve that figure 
Why did AM do so much better with Greenes players than his own signings .?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:50:59 AM by green hats mate »

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2017, 08:49:30 AM »
Disagree with comment about 'last years team would have crumbled'

Last year we went there and were cruelly beaten at the last kick after a spirited display. Kiddy were miles better last season than this so how can the comment be right

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2017, 10:08:02 AM »
8 games last year, 4pts
8 games this year, 8pts.

That said, in our last 12 league games it is 9pts. 2 wins, 3 draws, 7 losses

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2017, 10:26:43 AM »
Right let's get one thing straight I was there today along with another 58 you lot were not so, how can you say it was a lucky point? Kabbys' shot was going into the top corner and only got a slight deflection not a massive lucky one as suggested on here by someone who obviously not there. The fact is we could very easily have won and had them on the back foot all the second half. I suppose also that you didn't see the excellent ball from their keeper that set up the lad for their goal, yes our keeper rushed out into no mans land and never got near the scorer which was shocking. Yes Chapmans penalty was pathetic, almost a pass to their keeper. But the way Adam got them sorted for the second half was brilliant and we passed the ball about and looked really good. Nobody has been more critical than me but todays second half performance has lifted my spirits and I feel we will go on from here. Everyone is fully entitled to their opinion but please don't comment as though you saw the game.
Why attack people for having their own views on things regardless of it they attended or not ? I wasn't aware this was the criteria needed to be allowed to voice a personal opinion.

The radio commentary gave us that didn't go a good understanding of the game along with match reports from both sides.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of if they attended or not !  After all, its about winning, something we don't look capable of doing a regular intervals. My view is we are not looking as good at the moment as the last season. Against better teams we will get beat easily on current form. That is not to say that i don't believe that we could come good....we could. But we need to be knocking out some wins back to back, and soon.

Attacking people ? Don't be ridiculous I don't attack people, The last sentence of my post is quite clear everyone is entitled to their view and I accept that but what you actually wrote was we "got lucky with a heavily deflected goal" "Very lucky to get a point". The point I make is without witnessing the game these comments are ridiculous and based purely on hearsay. Incidentaly how many games have you attended this season?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2017, 11:14:35 AM »
8 games last year, 4pts
8 games this year, 8pts.

That said, in our last 12 league games it is 9pts. 2 wins, 3 draws, 7 losses

Thanks for the correction Josh .
This means in Greens last 12 games in charge we obtained 17 points in 12 games , a return Adam has failed to achieve .

Now we are all getting familiar with the "dross" inheritance AM was lumbered with , if we look back I think its fair to say this dross was no worse than what DG inherited from Drury .

Greens first 8 games in his first full season reads.

8 Games 15 points . coincidently from now to the end of the season 15 points from 8 games is the target we will have to meet to make the play-offs .

youngchubby69

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2017, 12:06:31 PM »
OK let's just make it simple, FA CUP last season against lower leagues, did well didn't we??
That's how I rate a team, and how many games were we into the season with a preseason behind us.
When DG took over it took him over a full season to get the team has e wanted.
We were lucky to be able to sign the players green did.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2017, 12:29:47 PM »
FA CUP last season against lower leagues, did well didn't we??
That's how I rate a team

League performnce is the bread and butter.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2017, 01:50:26 PM »
OK let's just make it simple, FA CUP last season against lower leagues, did well didn't we??
That's how I rate a team, and how many games were we into the season with a preseason behind us.
When DG took over it took him over a full season to get the team has e wanted.
We were lucky to be able to sign the players green did.

As P86 says chubby it's league matches that a manager is measured by ,   give us a few figures from AM managerial career to impress us .

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2017, 02:55:44 PM »
We can see things need to improve. So can the manager and there's nobody on here more qualified to judge, decipher and figure out what to do than him. So lets let him do it. You can make statistics say whatever you want, as Josh's post shows. I don't care what he's said in the past I just want to see progression and improvement and from the reports of Sat there was an element of it. There are 5 points separating 7th and 20th... And coming back to stability and sticking with a manager for five years, Harrogate aren't doing too badly this year are they?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2017, 03:34:21 PM »
Harrogate aren't spending the same as what we're spending... or the vast majority of teams to be fair....