Author Topic: Leeds 10K - Sunday 8th July - Sponsor me please!  (Read 1821 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Leeds 10K - Sunday 8th July - Sponsor me please!
« on: June 14, 2012, 02:05:41 PM »
I've entered the Jane Tomlinson Leeds 10K Run for All again this year to try and raise a bit more money for Alzheimer's Research UK to spend on research into the causes, treatment and prevention of dementia.

It's the last time I'm going to do a sponsored run for a while as I feel I've pestered and cajoled family and friends enough for sponsorship over the last five years I've been doing the runs. So one last go before I leave the sponsored runs to others. As usual there's a Just Giving page for donations at:

http://www.justgiving.com/kenfox2012

It's a great cause and I'm sure you will all be generous once again and will help me hit my fundraising target. Many thanks to everyone who has donated over the last five years and everyone who will donate once more.

I'd better get some training done!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Leeds 10K - Sunday 8th July - Sponsor me please!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »
Overdid the training and pulled my calf muscle last week so touch and go as to whether I'd manage to do this.

Couldn't let Alzheimer's Research down though so I went out and hopped round the course this morning. Finished in 42:39 in 123rd place. Having trouble walking now as my leg has seized up!

There's still time to sponsor me, so if you've got a bit of spare cash you'd like to donate to a very good cause then please pop over to my Just Giving page: http://www.justgiving.com/kenfox2012

Ben Grant

• View Profile
Re: Leeds 10K - Sunday 8th July - Sponsor me please!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 07:12:57 PM »
Ken, I wish I could get a time like that running, never mind hopping! A great time, considering how hot it was today! You finished some 1,100 places in front of me!!