Author Topic: Utd v Mansfield  (Read 10761 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Utd v Mansfield
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 08:14:12 PM »
What a great performance against a strong Mansfield time. All apart from keeper were first team players. Carl piergiani was number 6 he was class as was garner and I feel the formation 3-5-2 suits our  players perfectly. With galinski and mills to come back we are looking good. Miller was superb today and will be a great signing. Him and newsh upfront for sure. We don't need the target man we look much better gettin the ball on the floor. Very positive performance today.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 10:45:54 PM »
I think today's performance was superb! Fantastic team play at its best! The formation seemed to suit us brilliant. I thought Timms was commanding and you can tell he has experience especially with the class saves again today. The defence was solid with some great tackles and we still have Galinski to come back! The midfield was brilliant! Rosy was absoubtly class again with passing and great on the ball, plus milnes was brilliant too and I was very impressed with the trialist Aujla he was solid, and I think it would be great if we signed him to. And as for the attack we was brilliant Newsh on top form again and Miller can't stop scoring, his goal today was sublime! How he dribbled past two then skill the defender and smacked it from 20 yards into near post top corner was brilliant. I hope we do sign Aujla but I'm not sure we have the budget with Gary Mills to still come back and we still need the left winger but then I suppose he wouldn't be on trial with us if we wasn't thinking about signing him, so I hole we do.. If we play like we did today this season then I think it's going to be great for us!

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 07:06:06 AM »
Yes, get him signed up! He was fantastic in midfield today, never stopped running or working. If there had been a full house today the applause for him when he went off would have been deafening

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny The less said about the beer the better!
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 07:42:35 AM »
The most important thing about today surely, is that we played in a system that suited the players we have perfectly, so good shout to Bostonian I think it was who called it last week. The system is one that surely will DG will be almost forced into keeping, so effective was it. The back three were superb and that, lets not forget, is without arguably the quickest defender we have, Galinski to I assume come back as well.
Personally I would actually single out the two wing backs for special praise for without their forward runs and staggering fitness levels this system can't work. It was also noticeable as well that with the balance 3-5-2 gave us combined with the natural width Bore and Sensara provided, the midfield had so much more room to play, especially coming forward and the front two looked s though they had bee playing together for yonks in fact I cant think of anyone who played poorly, and I bet that wont happen often this season
As for wingers, certainly a left sided one, playing like this and to this formation we wont need any!
Good result against a strong opponent, good performance and a great system, most enjoyable and optimism is now restored ;D

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 08:35:19 AM »
Do we need a left winger? Ben Milnes played there yesterday and did ok. Mills I think will be a bit injury prone, so the number 4 could well be a very good signing. I have to say all the lads played excellent yesterday and I applaud them all and the management team too.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny   
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 09:12:38 AM »
Yes i think with that formation we don't need a left winger, especially with Sansara coming up and down the wing just as good as a winger would and was getting back. And the reason why Sansara didn't get cought out while running back is because he had good cover due to this brilliant formation. I think I would rather have Aujla than Bennett he is much more effective and made our midfield more solid.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 09:32:37 AM »
In interviews etc players are using the 'Promotion' word a lot more than we've seen in the last couple of seasons.

They seem to believe that promotion is achievable and I will be very surprised if we are not in the mix for a playoff spot at the end of the seasons. 

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 10:10:22 AM »
I'll not get over excited, because in the pressure pot of the league things change and formations that looked effective, creek. 

If Greene has managed to plug the hole in midfield yesterday then great, things are looking up.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 11:54:06 AM »
I'll not get over excited, because in the pressure pot of the league things change and formations that looked effective, creek. 

If Greene has managed to plug the hole in midfield yesterday then great, things are looking up.

At last........a sane voice amid a cacophony of knee jerk reactions.

Judge Greene and his team at the end of September, we'll have played almost a quarter of our league games and hopefully still be in the FA Cup.

And as LBC says, if the midfield chasm has been plugged then its a step forward. 

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2013, 01:00:45 PM »

Judge Greene and his team at the end of September, we'll have played almost a quarter of our league games and hopefully still be in the FA Cup.

And as LBC says, if the midfield chasm has been plugged then its a step forward.

You know me N40's I don't do knee jerk, but after some of the recent matches it was certainly nice to see a system being tried, and played well in which all players seemed comfortable and better still, against a good, well organised opponent.

Does it mean much in the scheme of things?

Probably not, but yesterday could possibly turn out to be the match in which the solid foundations were laid and after last season going into a new season with solid foundations is surely an optimistic enough starting point for all of us?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2013, 01:35:51 PM »
Seems to hinge on signing this Agjua fellow.must say he looks good on u tube !
    Long been advocating to try 352 ..if that 's what it is.. like Fee played..and he had competitive teams .
  Yes Mills looks injury prone even before season starts ..so need another midfielder .
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 01:38:49 PM by father Ted »

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2013, 02:09:15 PM »

You know me N40's I don't do knee jerk, but after some of the recent matches it was certainly nice to see a system being tried, and played well in which all players seemed comfortable and better still, against a good, well organised opponent.

Does it mean much in the scheme of things?

Probably not, but yesterday could possibly turn out to be the match in which the solid foundations were laid and after last season going into a new season with solid foundations is surely an optimistic enough starting point for all of us?

I do knee jerk but only if she's up for it!  ;D

Oscar Wilde

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2013, 02:50:43 PM »

Having looked through this thread earlier I was getting concerned that it MAY turn out a long season for the moaners ,  Judging Greene in September Andy ,  nothing is ever won in September  .  At this rate you,ll soon be joining us "happy clappers "  8).

All the posts on this thread give a fair reflection on the match and like most of us they know the season cannot be judged on one match .  Giving an fair assessment on one match is not a knee jerk reaction .

No better reading on the Stags site for our moaners , in the full match report it says "Boston was a good side"   and reports that Miller scored a "wonder goal"

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2013, 03:02:37 PM »
 Watching womens UEFA final..added 'attraction 'of Sian Massey running the line  . .

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2013, 03:03:01 PM »
And that Milnes scored two! I thought the Newsh knocked in the first one.

Oscar Wilde