Author Topic: Postponements tonight.  (Read 3058 times)

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Postponements tonight.
« on: December 13, 2022, 06:40:11 PM »

Apart from Boston/Banbury, all other games in NLN are off, as are 8 out of 10 NL matches. BUSA covers doing good job!

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
Re: Postponements tonight.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 10:58:46 PM »
Fair play to every one who helped get the game on, but maybe someone ought to remind the players that they need to make the effort too.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 08:43:39 AM »
Doubt they care. Most of 'em will be back at their parent club in a couple of weeks.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2022, 09:51:26 AM »
It’s a worry. Banbury were certainly a step up from Leamington but we have to get it right up front…

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2022, 11:52:56 AM »
We put a proper shift in at Banbury to get a point, but then half the players who played in that have since left.

As things stand we're going to get an absolute pasting in both King's Lynn games, the usual suspects will start using it as an excuse to bash everything the club is doing right off the field and it all goes toxic again. Then I start to worry Cully will see it as a thankless job and chuck the towel in - which puts us right back to square one.

View from the Park

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 12:09:55 PM »
Really feel Cully comes across very well with his interviews.
He knows the game inside out and will.know now exactly the players he wants to keep at the end of the season which I suspect around 5 from the present squad,  his hands are tied ar present as many on 1 year deals.
Think 1 player will move on for a good transfer fee  thenrebuilding will certainly begin.
Have complete faith in the Manager

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2022, 12:17:08 PM »
Yeah, he does a good interview (as does Joe) and says the right things. As you say, this isn't his team so he has my complete backing to get us safe and lead us into a major, major rebuilding project in the summer. I think we can safely assume the one good thing of the season - Scotty Pollock - won't stick around so we will, once again, be starting from complete scratch. Sigh...

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2022, 09:21:48 AM »
I'd be wanting to build a side starting from the base of Pearson if he has enough legs to go again, Scott Pollock, Crawford, Shiels if he can pick up where he left off, and McLintock. Dewhurst too if he'd ever come back. I would not extend that list at the present moment.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2022, 06:22:55 PM »
I'd be wanting to build a side starting from the base of Pearson if he has enough legs to go again, Scott Pollock, Crawford, Shiels if he can pick up where he left off, and McLintock. Dewhurst too if he'd ever come back. I would not extend that list at the present moment.

I'd agree with this. Pollock I can't imagine will be here next season. I'd be surprised if he's still here in a months time.

The one thing I would say is I think we all do have BUFC blinkers on a little when discussing players. If we look at our best players last season I'm sure most would agree; Seriki, Dewhurst, Elliott and Byrne.

Of those this season the one at the highest level is Seriki but even he is just a bench warmer for Rochdale, he gets a few minutes some weeks and other weeks is just an unused sub. They're also down in 19th in League Two. Dewhurst seems to have been dropped by Scunny recently bottom of the NL. Elliott struggled for game time at Boreham Wood and has been shipped out to Gateshead. Byrne still at this level and by all accounts hardly pulled up any trees.

I suspect we'll lose Pollock but he'll only go to a NL side and likely not stand out.

All those players stood out for us last season but based on this season it wouldn't be a massive shock if any came back as it doesn't really seem to be working out for them slightly higher up the ladder despite how good they looked for us!

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2022, 07:44:46 PM »
Would love to see any of them back…