Author Topic: Another victory for BUFC Reserves  (Read 2217 times)

new kid on the block

• View Profile
Another victory for BUFC Reserves
« on: December 15, 2013, 09:50:22 PM »
Another good win yesterday for the reserves, although they left it late, a 90th min penalty giving them a 2-1 win over Hykeham, who were level on points with us. thought Elliot Price and Kieron Elliott in midfield run the game, Charlie Sanders didn't have his best game but 90mins of shear hard work was to his credit. Lee Orry didn't look as sharp as ever but he did create loads of chances. special mention must go to andy Hewitt in goal, 4 top quality saves kept the team in the game.

see aidie daubney was in charge as manager nige vince was not there I would think he was a proud father at tamworth watching sam play and no doubt happy of the reserves result.

we must as a club take note of how good a season the reserves are having and next week there home to Lincoln utd who are on top of the league however with many extra games played, so a win next weekend will put the reserves in no1 spot for xmas.

keep it going nigel and all the lads involved with our clubs reserve team

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: Another victory for BUFC Reserves
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 10:27:39 PM »
Another great result for the 2nd string.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 06:43:38 AM »
I wonder why SANDERS was not with the first team or grantham??
well done to all.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 10:10:34 AM »
Good question - but I am delighted that he played for a BUFC team rather than elsewhere. A proper use of a Reserve team.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

new kid on the block

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 08:48:44 AM »
last week Sanders had been ill with flu from wot I was told yesterday, he was not fully fit for the first team so needed 90 mins elsewhere, he was given a choice of who to play for, grantham, PNS or utd reserves, he chose our reserve team. he didn't play for anyone yesterday as he was ill in bed according to what was said at the reserves game