Author Topic: Atlético Club Quiebra Parque Avenida(1988) Ltd  (Read 10369 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Atlético Club Quiebra Parque Avenida(1988) Ltd
« on: January 23, 2015, 05:19:58 PM »
Set to rejoin the "pub teams with money" clan, thanks to Bob Blackburn selling up to a wealthy oil tycoon type bloke.

Another club we won't be able to compete with for wages. Please don't tell Andy Butler - he may start burning things.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/11746631.New_directors_take_charge_at_Bradford_Park_Avenue/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Atlético Club Quiebra Parque Avenida(1988) Ltd
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 06:07:25 PM »
They best spend some money on their pitch.... another game off for them this weekend

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 08:09:36 AM »
No issue this season - they're in a relegation dogfight and could well go down. They can throw money at the team now but results don't always turn around straight away. Let's see what league they're in next year before deciding how much of a threat to us their new found wealth is.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 12:42:31 PM »
Will maybe present a chance for Jamie Yates to further his career next season  :laugh:

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 02:57:28 PM »
While I agree with the sentiments expressed, I would hardly call a team which spent 62 years in the Football League, including the First Division, and residing in a large city, a "Pub" team. A club that has fallen a long way from greater times maybe.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 03:29:38 PM »
While I agree with the sentiments expressed, I would hardly call a team which spent 62 years in the Football League, including the First Division, and residing in a large city, a "Pub" team. A club that has fallen a long way from greater times maybe.
It's not the same club, despite having a similar name. This version started in 1988.

azi1992

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 03:42:03 PM »
i come from Bradford. bpa club serves the community. don't dis it bro.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 10:23:03 PM »

It's not the same club. The Bradford Park Avenue you refer to was liquidated decades ago.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 05:55:36 PM »
It may be a different limited company, required to be allowed to continue playing, but it's still the same club, with a continuance of support from the old league days. As I think we all realised a few years ago after our league spell, and also when we were reduced to playing in the Boston League in the sixties, you may threaten a club's finances, but you don't kill the spirit.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 07:42:35 PM »
Even with the 14 year (semi-)professional football gap? They died, and a new club were formed. Just because the new club was named BPA upon formation, doesn't make it the same.

azi1992

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 07:44:24 PM »
Even with the 14 year (semi-)professional football gap? They died, and a new club were formed. Just because the new club was named BPA upon formation, doesn't make it the same.
same in the heart bro - same in the heart.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 08:24:37 PM »
It may be a different limited company

Yeah, so completely different club then. If Boston had gone bankrupt in 2007, the fact is that our 'honours' would be wiped clean and we would have had to start again under an entirely new name. The same principle should apply to BPA.

I do understand the argument about the 'spirit' of the club never dying etc etc, and yes, I know many of the same people would be involved, but if the club dies, the history dies with it. It may seem petty but I feel quite strongly about this - if history can simply be shifted across to newcos, what's to stop unscrupulous clubs repeatedly going out of business in the pursuit of honours they can't afford? The preservation of history and records should be - and is - a powerful incentive for clubs NOT to take the easy option.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 10:13:19 PM »
As I said earlier, a club is not a company. A company is only the means by which a club may function. As I understand it Bradford PA did not have a break in continuity, playing in local Sunday league for some of the time. I don't think I would want to tell a Rangers fan that his club is dead and he is supporting a different entity.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 10:20:26 PM »
A further thought - under FA rules, a new club must not use the name of a previous club. Darlington FC was not permitted to use the original name and had to drop FC from the name. BPA has been allowed to use the original name as the FA recognise it as the same club. The 1988 Ltd is not part of the registered club name, only the company name. The club also claims the honours achieved during its league years.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 11:20:24 PM »
Rangers are the same club. The company was sold whilst in administration, then renamed. The SFA recognised this, allowing them to keep their membership.

BPA may claim the honours, but the current club did not win them. Just like AFC Wimbledon did not win the FA Cup in 1988. The current Newport County is not the same as the old one that went bust, similarly.

Anyway, I believe were originally just Bradford, but added Park Avenue in brackets to distinguish them from Bradford City. They now have no brackets  :P