Author Topic: Telford away  (Read 5063 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Telford away
« on: November 05, 2016, 02:24:17 PM »
Smithy on the bench and Fairhurst keeps his place? What the chuff? Settled side, but at what cost? Also, looks like today's ref is the one who sent off Joe at Kettering in the cup.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 02:31:54 PM by The Evil Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Telford away
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 02:34:44 PM »
Smithy on the bench and Fairhurst keeps his place? What the chuff? Settled side, but at what cost? Also, looks like today's ref is the one who sent off Joe at Kettering in the cup.

Are you in the know about players, and if they have picked up knocks in training ??? It seems there is any excuse to have a moan just lately, with hardly any substance to these conspiracy theories.  It's getting boring now.

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 03:13:07 PM »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 03:29:08 PM »

Are you in the know about players, and if they have picked up knocks in training ??? It seems there is any excuse to have a moan just lately, with hardly any substance to these conspiracy theories.  It's getting boring now.

It's a valid shout - Smith has been better than Fairhust this season. You've managed to turn a discussion point into a moan yourself!!

Anyhow, we're 1-0 up through St Juste
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 03:30:42 PM by Pilgrim86 »

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 03:46:42 PM »

It's a valid shout - Smith has been better than Fairhust this season. You've managed to turn a discussion point into a moan yourself!!

He has been the better Scotty yes, but my point is does any of us know the reasons behind why any players find themselves dropped to the bench ? I was surprised to see him on the bench, but could there be another reason than just managerial ? And if it was a managerial call, and we do go on to win this game, will those who criticize the manager then praise him for a good call ?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 05:02:13 PM »
Big 3 points that. Nice to be on the right end of an injury time winner.

Leaves us in 12th, 10 points off relegation and 10 points off playoffs

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 05:42:13 PM »

He has been the better Scotty yes, but my point is does any of us know the reasons behind why any players find themselves dropped to the bench ? I was surprised to see him on the bench, but could there be another reason than just managerial ? And if it was a managerial call, and we do go on to win this game, will those who criticize the manager then praise him for a good call ?

Smith tweeted this morning that he was available for selection, so it definitely wasn't for an injury. Can we not have debate?

And we did go on to win the game, with supersub Smith getting the winner. Football, eh?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 06:04:40 PM »
Can't believe the negativity on here.  We win a difficult away game and some can't bring themselves to congratulate the manager.

Well done Dennis Greene and your team.  Great result.
United we stand..................

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 06:21:53 PM »
Dennis is the main man, well played DG  8)
Excellent result! 8) 8)

Well done Dennis and his team.
United we stand..................

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 08:57:53 PM »

I'm allowed an opinion that differs from yours without it necessarily being a moan, negative or otherwise. Tell you what is boring, to quote you, the way you're ready to negatively respond to most of my posts. I don't care whether or not you agree, people are allowed to think opposites, else this forum wouldn't exist. By its own definition its a discussion board, and last time I checked, I don't need your permission to be negative if I want to be. My opinion stands that I would have started with Smithy. I think he's a much better option. Waide, for me, has played better from the bench in 20 minute bursts.
Bottom line today, whoever played, was we got a great result, so I will add my POSITIVITY to proceedings and says well done Dennis, Bunny and the team.
Ps I don't do conspiracy theories, because they ultimately end with suggestions of corruption and wrong doing, which this club can do without any more of.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 10:09:38 PM »
Good to win today after the disappointment of letting a late equaliser in last weekend.

Two average sides on display. We always look really vulnerable at the back after we have scored. Definitely think our best form of defence is to keep attacking.

Wasn't surprised with the decision to put Smith on the bench after his sending off although I do wonder if Fairhurst is ever going to come good for us. How much longer do we keep patience with him ? Particularly when we are also carrying Colley and Johnson.

Thought our keeper was MOM today.

TEP

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 11:34:27 AM »
Decent day out yesterday.
Railway pub near the ground very welcoming, decent selection and they had a game on TV. Even though we were the only BUFC fans in there, the locals were fine. No problems. We even got a free drink off one of them!

Game was pretty poor for the most part. We should've gone behind after 30 seconds and started slowly, Dion made several crucial saves and took some crosses to keep us in it. Got a goal with out first real effort on goal, well taken by St Juste.

We were largely comfortable for large parts but some poor defending game them a goal when we had ample chances to clear it.
Our of nothing we smash a ball over the top at St Juste goes clean through and gets hauled down on the edge of the box. Certain red card, but they looked as likely to win with 10 as we did. Didn't think either side would be good enough to win it but we got a late break and Rollins was left in acres to put a ball in for the unmarked Smith to tap in. A bit smash and grab but they all count

Considering they're in financial trouble, a disappointing crowd of 1021 (about 70-75 of us in a block of the stand) shows how far both have declined since 2010/11 when over 2000 were there

Makes up for the disappointment of last week. But a bigger tests will come with unbeaten away Brackley then unbeaten on grass Fylde

Went back to the railway to watch the late kickoff and got a late train back.