Author Topic: v Lowestoft Town - Match Thread  (Read 34803 times)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Lowestoft Town - Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2009, 09:38:46 PM »
not really surprised based on current form but its a big blow to our finances.

TBF, Lowestoft are quite a big side so its not the biggest upset in the world.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2009, 09:41:16 PM »
Attendance in the region of 1100  :o  which bag did they pluck that number out of?
i actually think it was 888
"till saturday comes"

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2009, 09:49:35 PM »
Last set of pics probably...

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2009, 09:51:41 PM »
Attendance in the region of 1100  :o  which bag did they pluck that number out of?
i actually think it was 888

1134,  Did they count the plod going in and out the turnstyle or something?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2009, 09:55:16 PM »
mm I predicted 888 ..
    Are U in fact  me ?  'cappo '

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2009, 10:12:16 PM »

Boston started strongly but (in my opinion) we started to panic when we didn't get an early goal. As the game went on and on we resorted to long hoof balls down the throats of the Lowestoft central defence, and they dealt with these fairly easily.

There was no point in Cotton being named in the side today or in Kennedy coming on as substitute. That's no criticism of them at all, but we simply did not pass the ball out to our wingers at any time. I like to see football played with wingers, but if we're not going to use them then there's no point in picking them.

I can only remember one move in the whole of the second half where we played the ball on the ground. That resulted in Danny Davidson putting the ball in the net, albeit the linesman's flag came to Lowestoft's rescue. But to me it demonstrated what we can do when we play to our strengths. And its infuriating that we didn't do that the rest of the game.

Cullingworth needs to dropped from the side and arguably fined until he has learned some discipline. Against Retford in the week he launched a foul-mouthed onslaught at a linesman and stronger officials would have been well within their rights to send him off then. And to get sent off for two yellow cards after two bouts of dissent today is simply not accepatable. Yes it was late in today's game and probably didn't have a bearing on the final outcome. But we already have a number of injuries in defensive positions and now he will be suspended as well. Cullingworth, you have let your team-mates and the supporters down.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2009, 10:12:40 PM »
mm I predicted 888 ..
    Are U in fact  me ?  'cappo '

Maybe a bit of Remote Phychic in action ala Derren Brown?

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2009, 11:40:59 PM »
looking at todays game and season in general so-far

as RS has said changes will be made, imo i think we are in need of a striker who can take a half chance more often than not although he maybe needed a few chances, really think we could do with a player up top in the mould of ricky miller

and as many people have pointed out a experianced defender imo is a must with or without (injruy wise) canners 

now im not saying were a bad team over night, becasue over the last few weeks/games i've nothing but praised the team's work ethic , but 1 win in the last 8 its starting become a urgent matter tbh and again as i have previously said S&H realise their is some tweaking here and there too do and i have 100% confidence in them too do that , least their man enough too admit wrong doings in the transfer market

keep the faith and supporting the lads
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 11:42:55 PM by Big-Tom »

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2009, 11:54:19 PM »

Boston started strongly but (in my opinion) we started to panic when we didn't get an early goal. As the game went on and on we resorted to long hoof balls down the throats of the Lowestoft central defence, and they dealt with these fairly easily.

There was no point in Cotton being named in the side today or in Kennedy coming on as substitute. That's no criticism of them at all, but we simply did not pass the ball out to our wingers at any time. I like to see football played with wingers, but if we're not going to use them then there's no point in picking them.

I can only remember one move in the whole of the second half where we played the ball on the ground. That resulted in Danny Davidson putting the ball in the net, albeit the linesman's flag came to Lowestoft's rescue. But to me it demonstrated what we can do when we play to our strengths. And its infuriating that we didn't do that the rest of the game.

Cullingworth needs to dropped from the side and arguably fined until he has learned some discipline. Against Retford in the week he launched a foul-mouthed onslaught at a linesman and stronger officials would have been well within their rights to send him off then. And to get sent off for two yellow cards after two bouts of dissent today is simply not accepatable. Yes it was late in today's game and probably didn't have a bearing on the final outcome. But we already have a number of injuries in defensive positions and now he will be suspended as well. Cullingworth, you have let your team-mates and the supporters down.

Some very interesting points made there by Leicester Pilgrim and I to will agree with your
 interpretation of wing play.Why oh why do we have to simply lump it up to our forward
 line irrespective of who wears the shirt.Rob Scott has commented today of the way he
 was satisfied with the first half performance and more of the same second half, then
 what happens,we gave away a cheap corner resulting in the only goal of the game to
 which equals.................. PANIC STATIONS from the Management. He then contridicts
 his own interpretation of the first half by making like for like substitutions instead of  
 probably keeping a little faith in his players given consideration they scored early in the
 second period. For me both Newsham and Cullingworth are two players who are
 showing complacany in their selections in the starting eleven, the fullback thinking he is
 a lot better than he actually is and the forward unless he is only two yards from the goal
 line is incapable at present from finding the net, his effort in the second half to bring us
 level was merely a passback to the Lowestoft custodian.
 In summary a very disapointing result and performance from a Pilgrim side that is very
 much lacking in confidence all over the park...........
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2009, 08:54:36 AM »
my word people are quick to kick the team when they are down.

couple of wins and we will be there or thereabouts.

moaning and booing will not help the team

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2009, 09:14:38 AM »
Well you won't find me moaning and booing at the next game,it's counter productive.I will,however,reserve the right to criticise on this forum if criticism is deserved.For what it's worth I still feel we have many players better than we had this time last season,particularly in defence and midfield,at least when everyone is fit.On the other hand it's quite clear something has gone wrong in recent weeks and it's not all down to injuries.Tactically we are not right and i don't think our forward options are good enough.Changes are called for-and quickly.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2009, 10:00:22 AM »
4-4-2 didn't appear to work yesterday (if that is what we were playing?) so I say if they want to play 4-3-3 cos that is what they are confortable with then let them.

Ignore any detractors on here, play the game how you want with the players you want, this trend for bowing to what the fans want on the pitch is not a good one.  Alexander had his critics every year with his 5-3-2 and noone up at corners business, but they weren't moaning as they drove down to Cardiff two seasons in a row.  They were appointed to manage the team through a campaign, as with last year, let them get on with it and see where we stand come Christmas. The league was never lost in September ffs.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2009, 11:58:44 AM »
I go along with what you say LCB, panic seems to be the mother of many opinions on here . To steady the nerves of these people the two teams sitting on top this stage of the season rarely get promoted . Re KA some fans called for his appointment at Boston , in his 10 years of management how many promotions did he achieve ?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2009, 12:10:54 PM »
A few more pics - some taken with my backup camera during the warmup, a few crowd shots and a few half decent shots I missed during the original scan through.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2009, 12:29:50 PM »
 Comprehensive . Ken .