Author Topic: Is no one else concerned at the behaviour of Rob Scott?  (Read 15912 times)

knock

Re: Is no one else concerned at the behaviour of Rob Scott?
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2010, 10:15:36 PM »
I ,m with Patrick on the fishy smell from knock .  This time last week many keen Pilgrim and Blues fans were expressing lack of interest in this  "tinpot cup " match .  Yet this neutral guy called Knock found it a match worth visiting.  While most people there where highly critical of the Ref , Knock though he had a good game .   What intrigues me is what tempted you to watch this match Knock ,  where to you usually watch your football ?

No fishy smell from me, at least I hope not ;D  As I pointed out I am a fan of neither club.  Gainsborough is my closest town and watch them occasionally.  I idn’t even know it was the semi final of this cup until I got there.  I also go to Lincoln and Scunthorpe and any club if I am near a game.  If Boston was closer I would take time out for them, still might , your all so friendly and trusting.  Football is my second sport after rugby league, which is probably why I have a more respect based ethos then some on here.  My rugby club is my sporting passion and I am as passionate about my club and sport as anyone here is to Boston and football.  Remember I did not start the thread a Boston fan did.

As for the game:

Ref was OK, not brilliant.  Are they ever?  He missed a few things for both sides, as we all would, we can all do a good job from the stands. My point in all this is that what I saw from the Boston manager should have no place in sport.  I don’t care about foul language, if that is what people want to do.  What cannot be allowed to happen is, verbal abuse a refs and disobeying a ref.  The guy was asked to leave the ground at least  4 times by two officials.  It is not tolerated in Rugby or any other sport generally and it is not passion.   Is there any wonder we have not got enough refs coming through.  It’s simply my pet hate as a someone who likes to watch the game and has had some insight into junior football.  There also seems to be one or two on here who have concerns and I am talking about football not just your manager.  It is not about foul language or loud managers its about respect.

Anyway, good luck to Boston in the final, you clearly deserved to be there and good luck in the league.  
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:23:23 PM by knock »

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 10:39:43 PM »
Success, passion and cursing - these all come as one with RS, so I'm happy how it is. Having a loudmouth manager will mainly draw criticism on him, so I'm not worried about it affecting the club's PR recovery, and I doubt Rob is too concerned with the comments of opposing fans.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 10:56:33 PM »
Any manager ought to show respect - to players, officials, fans. Everyone loses the plot once in a while, but when it becomes the method of operation week in week out then it is not benefiting anyone.

Evans was an arse on the touchline and deserved much more than he got in terms of fines, if any current manager is heading along the same lines he ought to be dealt with in a similar fashion.

Constant swearing, berating of the refs etc ought not to be deemed acceptable on the grounds of being 'passionate'. That argument is totally nonsense, passion for your team does not have to involve continuous rants for 90 mins from the sidelines.

The fact that Rob Scott is respected as a manager and Evans was not does not alter the 'crime'.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2010, 10:53:19 AM »

I assume most of the county FA members were at the game in force. If so, I wonder if they saw anything wrong with the refereeing and if so, will they do anything about it? Short, sharp answer is NO. Don't forget the referee's decision is always right (whether he's a t****r or not)!