Author Topic: Players signed on for next season  (Read 7460 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Players signed on for next season
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
Just a thought Yatesy is under 24 so G/Trinity should have paid a fee. Anyone have a idea how much we may have got? Bars - Torres 50 mil---Cully 0 pounds somewhere  in between i guess ;D

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »
Really disappointed about Yates leaving. A fantastic winger at this level, the amount of assists he's provided say it all. If Gainsborough can afford to pay players twice as much as us though that is really surprising. If Gainsborough are paying him twice as much, lets face it most of us would move job to a rival organisation for double money wouldn't we. Also if he's still living in Yorkshire it will be a bit less traveling time for him.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 01:39:45 PM »
Good player and quite a big loss.

But no need to be bitter. Coming back to York Street at Christmas will speak for itself when he's spent 3 months playing under a clueless manager, in a disunited team fighting for 17th place in front of 26 fans every other week.

Who will be the first to commiserate him on Twitter?

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 01:54:23 PM »
Bloody hell,i go away for one week thinking Grimsby might take one or two of our players,but not Trinity.

Bartmac

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 02:27:25 PM »
Thought Yates had as many poor games as good ones, he wasn't one for going into a tackle even with the ball 60/40 in his favour!

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 04:10:46 PM »
Strange decision because on Friday night he told me he was signing for us.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 04:13:48 PM »
Strange decision because on Friday night he told me he was signing for us.

Another nob scott /hurst incident?!

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 04:26:06 PM »
maybe he thought he was going nowhere as a player so grabbed the money when he could. either that or the impression he got form united was we were gong nowhere.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 04:57:58 PM »
At least we won't go bust!! In two weeks time there will be hundreds of players looking for clubs. Trust in J&L to find someone, well probably more than one.
If they leave for more money then good luck to them. I trust DN to pay what the club can afford, not what the players would like. We've been down that long and bumpy road before, i for one don't want to be heading down that road again.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 05:06:25 PM »
yep need to keep the finances balanced between pushing for promo and building a new ground. players come and go. grounds shouldn't.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 06:44:26 PM »
Was at the Pilgrim Cup tournament at Cranwell today and mentioned to Welshy that Yates had signed for Gainsborough and his reaction was one of total dismay, He said that He thought Yates had signed on Friday and coudnt understand how anybody could choose to move from a club with 1400 fans to play there regardless of money.
Again I have to say what a fantastic event Boston United Accademy put on it really was a treat to see youngsters from the likes Nottingham Forrest, Hull City and even Eindoven being given great games by our youngsters. Some young Messis on view, brilliant,well done to all concerned.