Author Topic: Vs Nuneaton  (Read 14332 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Nuneaton
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 09:17:25 PM »
Why are those people, who were so vocal in ousting Den and stating that he had made numerous bad signings, not anywhere near as vocal about these bad signings which the current manager has made ?  Answers on a postcard folks ....

I agreed at the start of the new managers term in charge that we can only judge when we see his team, but today, it was mainly his !
The last five games read, L,L,W,L,L, even Greene wouldn't have been showing these figures and at least his team played football on the ground. We have lost our way big time, we have gone from playing good football on a good pitch, to playing hoof ball on a muddy field.  It is worrying, as fans are now split and some are staying away because of this. There is no other reason for declining gates.

Somehow, we have now got to get on with it and fully back the current manager, no matter what we feel about this whole season. This season is a write off,but if we rid the venomous atmosphere then maybe we can get back to what we once was a few seasons back, competitive and in the play offs next season.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 09:19:49 PM »
Think ur bang on with those comments, concerns me that management look like they r just binding their time too, adam must be thinking.have i made the right choice but he hasnt helped himself today in my opinion.  Spend alot of money here with the kids and mascots etc so well entitled to.say what i see

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 09:32:52 PM »
What's happened with Marcus Marshall and Joe Maguire? Both experienced players, and arguably could provide some much needed leadership to the team. But we no longer seem to have a regular physio, and certainly nobody is really updating supporters around the injury situation.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 09:46:06 PM »
They are both injured.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 09:56:53 PM »
Along with Roberts, St Juste, Ngoma, Burgess and now possibly Rollins.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 09:57:24 PM »
They are both injured.

What's your source? Since Katie left we seem to have had a different physio in each game and nobody writing in the programme any more to keep us up to date. Given a squad with so many injuries to deal with we need some continuity in the treatment room?

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 11:10:57 PM »
The team aren't being motivated from the touchline.

As for the Manager - to head into the dugout straight after the 3rd goal was scored and stay there instead of encouraging his players was very unprofessional and gave the impression that he was a clueless as the players on the pitch.

youngchubby69

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 01:51:06 AM »
Not often seen on this forum, but we are united in our opinion tonight. It was untold rubbish. Can't really blame inherited players either really, as only 3 of the starting eleven were Dennis' players. Shane Clarke (although due to injury, he never played a competitive game under Dennis), Jay Rollins, and Josh Robinson (signed by Dennis, but only played in the abandoned Witton game). So what's going wrong? Okay, the pitch isn't great, but other teams don't seem to have a problem playing, scoring and winning on it? It's mentioned by others that we have no leader. I have to say we need a motivating voice bloody quickly. No one is taking the responsibility out there. It's without shape, and, yes, we've gone back 3 months in my opinion......, different manager, different players, same rubbish, same results. It's a good job there are 4 teams that are either worse than us or strapped for cash or both, else the fight for a safe place might be a lot tougher than it looks to be.......or is it safety? or am I being complacent? Let's hope we are just about doing enough, but bloody hell, we need some total reorganisation in the summer.

I agree, listening to Adams interview today, I feel he has given this lot a chance and patience is running out with them, this team will look much different next season for sure.
Yes the majority of those players out there today are signings that he has made, but I am sure if he had the budget that DG started off with,then most of them would not be here.
Its probably the case of,what you can afford rather than what you want.
Lets just hope they have enough about them to stay up.
Feeling down about it all today, but not despondent.
We fight on together as Boston United.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 11:00:10 AM »
Why are those people, who were so vocal in ousting Den and stating that he had made numerous bad signings, not anywhere near as vocal about these bad signings which the current manager has made ?  Answers on a postcard folks ....

I agreed at the start of the new managers term in charge that we can only judge when we see his team, but today, it was mainly his !
The last five games read, L,L,W,L,L, even Greene wouldn't have been showing these figures and at least his team played football on the ground. We have lost our way big time, we have gone from playing good football on a good pitch, to playing hoof ball on a muddy field.  It is worrying, as fans are now split and some are staying away because of this. There is no other reason for declining gates.

Somehow, we have now got to get on with it and fully back the current manager, no matter what we feel about this whole season. This season is a write off,but if we rid the venomous atmosphere then maybe we can get back to what we once was a few seasons back, competitive and in the play offs next season.
I was one who thought Dennis' style had become a bad thing and disruptive to the club, but he had 3 years of largely positive results, followed by 3-4 months of utter crap, hence my own opinion was he should leave. I didn't like the way he seemingly refused to accept any responsibility for the poor results, and had a list of excuses and reasons for losing as long as the longest list you've ever seen! Adam, so far, in my opinion, set about the job in the right way. He tried to stem the goals, brought in a generally more physical set of players, correctly identified we needed to stem the goals against, and build from there. Other than blaming the pitch, he's not offered any other excuse and accepted the performances haven't been good enough. On the flip side, he still has to achieve this, if yesterday is to go by, and after only a short while he must now see what a tough job he has bought into. His players aren't performing, along with a huge list of injuries, mostly Dennis' players, his hands have to be budget-tied. Young Chubby makes a good point, he's probably got who he can afford, not who he wants, but that's non league football for you, so he better get used to that.
In summary though, and to answer your question about why not be calling for his head? There were a minority in the ground yesterday shouting exactly that, but not me. The bloke has to have a genuine chance to do his own thing, and that comes in the summer, when he can truly shape his own team. So, for me, no, despite the dross I watched yesterday, I won't be calling for his head, but as a fan I do hope we get it together, and soon. I consider myself a realist and never expected playoff football this time around, but I genuinely think we will not go down. However, I do hope to pay my entry fee and go home entertained occasionally. The second half against Chorley says we are capable when it all clicks, so let's hope for more of that.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2017, 04:17:28 PM »
They are both injured.

What's your source?

"The Pilgrims are not expected to have any of their injured players back in contention, with Marcus Marshall the closest to a return following thigh trouble" - BUFC official site

Maguire injured his knee ligaments at FCUM (and his partner has not long given birth) - https://twitter.com/JoeMaguire8/status/811883310393729024

youngchubby69

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2017, 05:11:50 PM »

I was one who thought Dennis' style had become a bad thing and disruptive to the club, but he had 3 years of largely positive results, followed by 3-4 months of utter crap, hence my own opinion was he should leave. I didn't like the way he seemingly refused to accept any responsibility for the poor results, and had a list of excuses and reasons for losing as long as the longest list you've ever seen! Adam, so far, in my opinion, set about the job in the right way. He tried to stem the goals, brought in a generally more physical set of players, correctly identified we needed to stem the goals against, and build from there. Other than blaming the pitch, he's not offered any other excuse and accepted the performances haven't been good enough. On the flip side, he still has to achieve this, if yesterday is to go by, and after only a short while he must now see what a tough job he has bought into. His players aren't performing, along with a huge list of injuries, mostly Dennis' players, his hands have to be budget-tied. Young Chubby makes a good point, he's probably got who he can afford, not who he wants, but that's non league football for you, so he better get used to that.
In summary though, and to answer your question about why not be calling for his head? There were a minority in the ground yesterday shouting exactly that, but not me. The bloke has to have a genuine chance to do his own thing, and that comes in the summer, when he can truly shape his own team. So, for me, no, despite the dross I watched yesterday, I won't be calling for his head, but as a fan I do hope we get it together, and soon. I consider myself a realist and never expected playoff football this time around, but I genuinely think we will not go down. However, I do hope to pay my entry fee and go home entertained occasionally. The second half against Chorley says we are capable when it all clicks, so let's hope for more of that.

Totally agree with your post,a good honest opinion and summing up of were we are at the moment and our season in general.
I to like you will not be calling for AM head, I do truly feel that next season we will be the team to beat and extremely strong.

But one thing for sure,being poor this season has certainly given us much to debate on here,which I have enjoyed very much.
So there is a positive after all.
Keep smiling 😊 everyone.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2017, 07:58:42 PM »
Back in my day and when we were going through a tough spell, we'd properly shore up the defence and pack the midfield. One up top and break when we could, as quickly as we could. Very often worked and the dull nil nils soon gave the team confidence and we used that as a springboard to then go on a decent unbeaten run.

TEP

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2017, 09:34:02 PM »

In summary though, and to answer your question about why not be calling for his head? There were a minority in the ground yesterday shouting exactly that, but not me.

Thought i would correct you, i didn't mention calling for his head. What i did ask was why, after signing so many poor players, has he not received the same amount of questioning as Den did over his poor signings from the same few people. It does come across a bit strange, and does suggest the campaign to get the previous manager out was more a hate campaign fueled by personal spats. All involved played their parts in those spats, from the ex manager to some fans. In no way am i defending Den, nor these fans, but it does seem that those who had heavy opinions about bad players signed back then are nowhere near as vocal right now under the current manager.

One thing is for sure, the fanbase is still split, and to hear that some were still shouting abuse yesterday is very disappointing to say the least. While i am still not convinced by the new manager and the players he has signed, i am all for backing him and every player, they need us fans after all. Shouting abuse is never productive, is it !

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2017, 09:40:17 PM »

In summary though, and to answer your question about why not be calling for his head? There were a minority in the ground yesterday shouting exactly that, but not me.

Thought i would correct you, i didn't mention calling for his head. What i did ask was why, after signing so many poor players, has he not received the same amount of questioning as Den did over his poor signings from the same few people. It does come across a bit strange, and does suggest the campaign to get the previous manager out was more a hate campaign fueled by personal spats. All involved played their parts in those spats, from the ex manager to some fans. In no way am i defending Den, nor these fans, but it does seem that those who had heavy opinions about bad players signed back then are nowhere near as vocal right now under the current manager.

One thing is for sure, the fanbase is still split, and to hear that some were still shouting abuse yesterday is very disappointing to say the least. While i am still not convinced by the new manager and the players he has signed, i am all for backing him and every player, they need us fans after all. Shouting abuse is never productive, is it !
correction accepted, sorry.
The lack of vocal hatred could be due to.....
Giving the new bloke a chance
Or the fact he doesn't fight back on social media
Whatever the reason, the DG situation didn't do any good for anyone, and doesn't need repeating.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2017, 11:04:48 PM »

correction accepted, sorry.
The lack of vocal hatred could be due to.....
Giving the new bloke a chance
Or the fact he doesn't fight back on social media
Whatever the reason, the DG situation didn't do any good for anyone, and doesn't need repeating.

No problem, things get misread or misquoted all the time on social media.
One good thing with Murray is that he came out and said from the very start that he wouldn't tolerate negativity or moaning, so i guess that sent out a strong message from the start. Am sure though, that if he were on social media that some people would be tagging him into posts and fishing for a reaction. Lets just hope we never go down that torrid road again. We need a bit of professionalism on and off the pitch.