Author Topic: Boston 5 Vauxhall 2  (Read 10823 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston 5 Vauxhall 2
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 08:41:31 PM »
Agree FC! King looks a decent signing.VM were a decent team who tried to play football even when they were 3 0 domatchedit to them for making it a great game to watch.
By the way £81 to watch Arsenal V Spurs (televised) or £12 to watch 22 honest players!!!Think I picked the right match!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 09:26:48 PM »
It's not the first time we have played a defender up front ..... remember Greg Strong :)
And Paul Ellender, Tom Ward...

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »
Tony 'The Crane' Crane

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 10:27:00 PM »
It's not the first time we have played a defender up front ..... remember Greg Strong :)
And Paul Ellender, Tom Ward...

I seem to remember in 1968/69 we had a Goal keeper who played one game as centre forward and scored a hatrick.  Think his name was Ken Simpkins. (It was against Goole Town and losing 2-0 but eventually won 4-2.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:33:01 PM by Artemis »

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 10:43:53 PM »
Daryl Clare wasn't too keen on defenders playing up front...

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 11:13:10 PM »
I'm surprised that nobody has commented about the Vauxhall keeper.

He was outstanding, I appreciate that's his job but without him it could easily have been 8 or 9. I totally agree we defended far too deep at times but I feel we were good value for a 5 - 2 scoreline.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 11:39:11 PM »
WELL done to all against a poor side admitted but a 5 goals and 3 points we must be pleased.
what I do no is we need the likes of MARRS and GARNER in defence at 3-2 we never looked much better than them 4 a while.

When we went 3-0 up Garner was moved back to defence, then we conceded two quick goals.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »

Always possible to find faults but  a system killing us that played a part in a game in which we won and scored 5 goals ........ come on BG  I hope Mrs B is more tolerant than that with your bacon frying  :o

Wasn't really talking so much about Sat, but asm prepared to yet again bow to others here GHM, and quickly take back everything I have said about the negativity killing us and our offensive qualities. In doing so I have already dismissed the fact that in all our league games we have led at half time, what twice now, and of all the league goals scored am guessing over two thirds have come in the second half once we invariably have to chase the game, but what do I know? ;D

You're right back to the frying pan for me mate! ;D

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, 07:39:42 AM »
DL great post. Not once did their keeper launch it long, always played from the back. Twice in the first half possibly three times could have scored. So a decent three points, people think that we are BUFC we should murder teams but its not the case.

The last third of the season will be interesting. If DG sorts his system out we will be there hopefully in the mix, as for the atmosphere we won but you just wouldnt know it.

You are right, on reflection, very rarely did their keeper kick it from his hands, preferring to roll it out at every occasion, and we let him. It was tho threee decent and certainly valuable points, even tho they were poor on the day, as DL rightly points out, the league is ultra competitive, with anyone really capable of beating anyone else and were almost any team in the top half to win 4, 5 on the bounce, so close is it, it would probably see them in the top five. If we tomorrow and manage the same on Saturday which wont be easy, we could considering the recent crazy results everywhere be in the top four.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2014, 11:07:57 AM »
As an aside a lad near me had a bet on Boston to score 4 @ 8-1...he was well happy when Miller scored!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2014, 01:44:05 PM »
As an aside a lad near me had a bet on Boston to score 4 @ 8-1...he was well happy when Miller scored!
coral punter nearly won 190 grand but the last minute winner at Old Trafford messed it up :'(

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2014, 01:45:44 PM »
coral punter nearly won 190 grand but the last minute winner at Old Trafford messed it up :'(
you really need to be in with these far east guys :)

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2014, 02:47:14 PM »

I got 50/1 for correct scores of 5-0 and 5-1 - think it was 80/1 for 5-2 which I didn't bet!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2014, 04:52:35 PM »
WELL done to all against a poor side admitted but a 5 goals and 3 points we must be pleased.
what I do no is we need the likes of MARRS and GARNER in defence at 3-2 we never looked much better than them 4 a while.

When we went 3-0 up Garner was moved back to defence, then we conceded two quick goals.
MMmmm do you think GARNER should do the decent thing and move on we cant be doing with him letting 2 goals in.
what I did notice second half there no.3 was well beating some of our players for pace at times.
i think MOM was the team well done to all.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2014, 05:30:11 PM »

MMmmm do you think GARNER should do the decent thing and move on we cant be doing with him letting 2 goals in.
what I did notice second half there no.3 was well beating some of our players for pace at times.
i think MOM was the team well done to all.

Are you serious miele? Where do you get these ideas of yours from?
The first goal was down to a calamitous decision by the wall to practice their end of season dance pogo dancing routine, whilst the second came, if I remember rightly, with Rene getting caught the wrong side of their forward. Move on!!! over indulgence in hallucination drugs have a lot to answer for.  ???