Author Topic: Signings  (Read 11587 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Signings
« on: May 24, 2012, 11:41:43 AM »
Apart from those from last year, some of which are encouraging, so far we have only signed a goalkeeper who has already played for us before.

Lots of players are signing for other clubs, and I know its a long time to the start of the new season, but come on Jason, I want to buy a season ticket, but what encoragement is there at present for me to get one.

We want to see new blood coming into the club. So far virtual silence. Whats going on???

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Signings
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 12:21:35 PM »
buy a season ticket because you support boston united!

Bartmac

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 12:42:02 PM »
I think JL may still be on holiday, so let him enjoy it first!!!

bb1

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »
D.T Woodhall  please give it a rest either get a season ticket or shut the f--k up about it it's going on almost every thread.  >:(  >:(

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 01:09:59 PM »
DTW raises a very valid point. Football is all about entertainment and success.  Fans are discerning with what they do with their money these days.  If you are that mad about supporting BUFC make a donation or go on some sponsored thingy.

In the meantime it is for the club to attract last season's season ticket holders to renew (not easy after all that dross) and a few signings would help.

:bunny
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 01:30:21 PM »
DTW raises a very valid point. Football is all about entertainment and success.  Fans are discerning with what they do with their money these days.  If you are that mad about supporting BUFC make a donation or go on some sponsored thingy.

In the meantime it is for the club to attract last season's season ticket holders to renew (not easy after all that dross) and a few signings would help.

:bunny

I think you'll find, Nobby Know All, that only applies in the Premier lge. Clubs at our level rely on supporters (notice I don't use the word fans) to buy season tickets to allow them to compete for players signatures. The club have not touted for season ticket sales on this forum so, I would suggest any one who has a problem with the lack of transfer activity should contact the Manager personally and ask him why there are so few signings. Scouse you do know who the manager is don't you? That will be the other one you were cosying up to in that big hotel.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »
Thread about new signings and Tash jumps straight in with a Scouse Pilgrim attack !

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 02:17:58 PM »
Lots of players signing for new clubs dt ? enlighen us .
Halifax ?  lost their strikers .
Gainsboro ?  fans concernerd Boyce will be leaving .
Guiseley ?    Now there is a forum would would enjoy dt , moan after moan because the fans claim the two best players have been released + looks like walshaw will leave , you would love it on that forum .
Can you list the signings made by our main rivals ?

To put it in prespective dt you would have been excited about you clubs signing this time
last season if you had been a follower of Kettering or Darlington .

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 02:30:20 PM »
Lots of players signing for new clubs dt ? enlighen us .
Halifax ?  lost their strikers .
Gainsboro ?  fans concernerd Boyce will be leaving .
Guiseley ?    Now there is a forum would would enjoy dt , moan after moan because the fans claim the two best players have been released + looks like walshaw will leave , you would love it on that forum .
Can you list the signings made by our main rivals ?

To put it in prespective dt you would have been excited about you clubs signing this time
last season if you had been a follower of Kettering or Darlington .

You always put a good point in , I wish more were the same

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 02:32:48 PM »
Thread about new signings and Tash jumps straight in with a Scouse Pilgrim attack !

Just using his tactics Daniel (see some of Cookies previous posts). As far as I'm concerned he is fair game.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 02:39:18 PM »
Agree DT! Nothing has happened to encourage us to buy! Looks like I could be choosing my games next season.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 03:19:22 PM »
what a load of nonsense. I am only asking the question about signings and bb1 you are a proverbial pain-- this is a forum for fans to express their views.

Bartmac

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »
this is a forum for fans to express their views.

and that is what he has done. ???

bb1

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 11:15:40 PM »
Remember a player called church dt how late in the season did he sign????and he had never been here before .Contrast it with the rushed signing of JJ who was not deemed good enough for Quorn  did you kick up as much fuss on this forum then.As for Scousepilgrim pray tell when was the last time you saw a match at York street.?how much have you contributed in actual cash in say the last three years?or could it be that you are just a s--t stirrer.Football is about entertainment and the anticipation of will we won't we win.A serious point is when a long term supporter misses a season they are unlikely to return as they get out of making the effort. So DT if you don't get a s/t what will you do with the £8 and few pence a week?  ???  :'(

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 04:05:48 PM »
I want to get a season ticket, but so far there is very little incentive and I need to be convinced that Jason will bring in better players than he did last year.

Re Church -- I think he played at least once as  ' A Trialist' probably against Lincoln in a pre season friendly but Scotty wanted to keep it quiet to avoid others knowing he would be available from Ilkeston.

I was there bbi, as a true supporter even at the pre season game --were you??

Anybody else remember if Churchy played in that game?