Author Topic: today  (Read 21871 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: today
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »
Harsh reality is Shauney that Grahams team on current form would produce 28 points over a season ,
certain relegation . 

If this continues until the end of the season and Graham is retained as manager this means greatly reduced S/T sales and surely a redution in budget .  This leaves Graham two choices , manage on a smaller budget or throw the towel in .

If he does the latter will sammyj  :-X :-X :-X :-X  let us know on here first . ;) ;) ;)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 07:34:35 PM »
It's not all doom and gloom. Looking at the positives, we created about four really good chances in the first half but just couldn't stick them away. A soft own goal on the stroke of half time and we went in deflated at the break

The second half was disappointing though as we couldn't get going and didn't create anywhere near the amount of chances you would have expected for a team trying to get back into the game. I think the subs bench was a good indication if we ever needed one that there was no one on there with the ability to change the game.

It's not really worth mentioning individual players today as no one really came out with any credit. The frustrating thing at the moment is that some players will do really well one week and then be totally opposite the following week.

Hats off to the Solihull raffle ticket seller who wore a short sleeve shirt for the entire game  :D

DL

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 08:16:46 PM »
Disappointing game really, Milnes had an early half chance well over and then they hit the post after Haystead (who had a reasonable game) made a good save. Then both sides struggle to get on top of eachother and Milnes misses a 1 on 1 when he should score, Newsh hits the post from a header at a tight angle and Stainfield goes close with a back stick header, then we concede, not a great goal to give away.
2nd half we start bright and Newsh has one disallowed for offside, Foster hits a great shot well saved by their goalie, who then makes a worldie from a Newsham header and we can't scramble the rebound in. They hit the post too after lobbing Haystead from well out.

Overall, we definately didn't do enough to win but a draw would have been the right result, just they got given a goal and we didn't.

Not too many of us- maybe 70 or 80- apparently 46 on the coach, Hoping Drury has decided to do as little as posdsible to stay in the league (budget-wise) and save that budget for next season so we have a bit more to spend.
Paul Holden was speaking to a few of us before the game- he was looking forwards to preseason, hoping to have the fittest pre season team ever and looking at bringing in a few- the Derby area was mentioned for players. He said they'll fight particularly hard to keep Newsh (we really need to, some fans wouldn't be surprised to see him snapped up).

as for performances, Haystead steady, defence looked comfortable generally but would then slip in a silly error, Mayo had his worst game for us after he impressed me in his other games. SWD looked more of a threat than recent games (not hard though). Lacked real presence up front- Newsh struggled to get into shooting positions though he almost scored with that header. Midfield did OK first half, we made some good moves but lacked a killer edge or a good final ball but they got on top of us for spells in the 2nd half.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 08:21:14 PM by joshb »

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 08:19:03 PM »
26 not 46 on the coach.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 08:20:26 PM »
Any chance of signing the Solihull keeper?? He's bloody brilliant.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 08:22:59 PM »
26, OK, heard it wrong. The Solihull keeper has impressed me in both games I've seen (Away today and away 2 seasons back)

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »
From what I heard on 'United Live' we were a little unfortunate not to at least get a draw with their goalie having a blinder and us scoring an own-goal. Perhaps the people that attended could give us a more enlightened view?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 08:26:56 PM »
as I said, they had similar amount of chances tto us and their goalie made some good saves. Haystead played quite well too but they got a bit of luck with the own goal and we didn't take our good chances. A draw would have been the right result on balance perhaps but we definately didn't do enough to win. They hit the post twice so would have felt annoyed if they didn't win

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »
Just read the above couple of posts and seems a decent performance  :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 08:31:12 PM »
From what I heard on 'United Live' we were a little unfortunate not to at least get a draw with their goalie having a blinder and us scoring an own-goal. Perhaps the people that attended could give us a more enlightened view?

Woad Pilgrim is the man ,  fair and frank !!

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 08:33:08 PM »
Just read the above couple of posts and seems a decent performance  :)

It depends what you define as decent.
If matching Solihull Moors is decent, then it was, but really it was 2 mediocre sides and they did just enough to win

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 08:55:58 PM »
And if Solihull Moors is now our yardstick I think its time to turn off the lights and give Pat his football ground back. :-[

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 09:00:20 PM »
And if Solihull Moors is now our yardstick I think its time to turn off the lights and give Pat his football ground back. :-[

I wouldn't wish that to much

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 09:01:27 PM »
Disappointing game really, Milnes had an early half chance well over and then they hit the post after Haystead (who had a reasonable game) made a good save. Then both sides struggle to get on top of eachother and Milnes misses a 1 on 1 when he should score, Newsh hits the post from a header at a tight angle and Stainfield goes close with a back stick header, then we concede, not a great goal to give away.
2nd half we start bright and Newsh has one disallowed for offside, Foster hits a great shot well saved by their goalie, who then makes a worldie from a Newsham header and we can't scramble the rebound in. They hit the post too after lobbing Haystead from well out.

Overall, we definately didn't do enough to win but a draw would have been the right result, just they got given a goal and we didn't.

Not too many of us- maybe 70 or 80- apparently 46 on the coach, Hoping Drury has decided to do as little as posdsible to stay in the league (budget-wise) and save that budget for next season so we have a bit more to spend.
Paul Holden was speaking to a few of us before the game- he was looking forwards to preseason, hoping to have the fittest pre season team ever and looking at bringing in a few- the Derby area was mentioned for players. He said they'll fight particularly hard to keep Newsh (we really need to, some fans wouldn't be surprised to see him snapped up).

as for performances, Haystead steady, defence looked comfortable generally but would then slip in a silly error, Mayo had his worst game for us after he impressed me in his other games. SWD looked more of a threat than recent games (not hard though). Lacked real presence up front- Newsh struggled to get into shooting positions though he almost scored with that header. Midfield did OK first half, we made some good moves but lacked a killer edge or a good final ball but they got on top of us for spells in the 2nd half.

Good post  8)
Looks like the team generated enough chances to at least get a point...story of our season really  :'(

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 09:18:42 PM »
Plenty of gossip in this pub tonight about drury amongst a few players !

Which pub?