Author Topic: retained list  (Read 31271 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: retained list
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 06:44:09 PM »
Mmmm, Singh has been on the Boston fans wish list for over five years now. But, as with St Juste, another player who they kept saying that they wanted in, when they did get their wish, he flopped for most of the time in our shirt.  Is Singh in that same bracket, good at his peak, but slowly dropping in form and consistency ?

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 11:42:03 PM »
Singh is only 27, so should have a few good years left as a goalkeeper.

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 07:30:54 AM »
Singh is a very good keeper,but Durrant has lots of potential and has pulled of some great saves this season.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 08:54:40 AM »
i agree with youngchubby

ross is probably the youngest keeper 'owned' by a club ie not a loan from a pro club, and playing regularly at this level. he has improved during his 20 odd games with us and will continue to do so in my view. singh is decent but in my view, no better than what we have. let's not forget young payne either, he's had an excellent season at youth level and so in the two of them we are well set up in the GK department to go forward. he's not ready to play at this level yet so if anything happened to ross i think a loan would be needed but the two of them are both promising.  i would be very surprised if murray goes for singh

don't forget singh's last act at york street was to drop a cross to allow us to draw the gloucester game!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 09:33:09 AM »
I feel sure AM will sign a proven keeper. Ross shows promise and I have no doubt he will be a number one in the future, but to have a title pushing side you need a keeper who bosses the defence and commands his area, Ross still has a lot to improve on in that department.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2017, 04:21:20 PM »
 4 -1 ..
  Who to keep ??

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2017, 04:25:50 PM »

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »
I thought the team selection was a bit odd.......apart from Jay Rollins (who will surely better himself) I can't see any of the existing squad being good enough, or committed enough to take us forward.

I hope AM gets to grips with this.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2017, 04:33:35 PM »
Am I being cynical by suggesting that some of the players know they won't be here next season and are just going through the motions?

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2017, 05:11:12 PM »
After todays result the list will probably be very short :(

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2017, 05:22:16 PM »
 Maybe ,for possible potential Batch , Broads ..Rollins  Thomas if they stay ..full stop  :-\
  I mean some of these xcept Rolly are really bench fodder .
     So i would say about 16 substantive signings + 2 season loans + better short term loans than last 10 seasons ..
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:24:06 PM by father Ted »

youngchubby69

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2017, 07:01:37 PM »
After listening to Adams post match interview,it seems that most of the squad is going,he said that the players who he signed and the ones left out of DG squad,were only good enough to keep us up.
So most will be gone, as he has given them enough time to prove they have what it takes to get promotion next season.
Lets face it, he is certainly is wright about most of them,wether he signed them or not.
He said that he has no problem with being ruthless and he will.
Today he let them play with freedom and not being restrained by his tactics and formation, and look what's happened,his point has been proven, they are not good enough. His words not mine.
The injured players will get a chance in pre season to impress him, if they choose to come back.
You can't say fairer than that, much anticipation for next season, but our budget is not going to be anywhere near the full time clubs in this league,which many managers in this league are starting to come out and make complaints about it, in the media.
I don't care how much abuse I get over the following opinion but, I don't think any club should be allowed to be full time at this level,its spoiling non league,its not non league, semi professional means part time, not full time.
Some players are on £2000 a week, its killing the spirit of non league and financially crippling clubs who are having to sign players with high wage demands, the average is £700 a week and that includes full or part time players.
I wish that I was on £700 a week,and many players have day jobs as well, greed beyond belief.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2017, 07:09:02 PM »
After listening to Adams post match interview,it seems that most of the squad is going,he said that the players who he signed and the ones left out of DG squad,were only good enough to keep us up.
So most will be gone, as he has given them enough time to prove they have what it takes to get promotion next season.
Lets face it, he is certainly is wright about most of them,wether he signed them or not.
Today he let them play with freedom and not being restrained by his tactics and formation, and look what's happened,his point has been proven, they are not good enough. His words not mine.
The injured players will get a chance in pre season to impress him, if they choose to come back.
You can't say fairer than that, much anticipation for next season, but our budget is not going to be anywhere near the full time clubs in this league,which many managers in this league are starting to come out and make complaints about it, in the media.
I don't care how much abuse I get over the following opinion but, I don't think any club should be allowed to be full time at this level,its spoiling non league,its not non league, semi professional means part time, not full time.
Some players are on £2000 a week, its killing the spirit of non league and financially crippling clubs who are having to sign players with high wage demands, the average is £700 a week and that includes full or part time players.
I wish that I was on £700 a week,and many players have day jobs as well, greed beyond belief.

Think most will agree with you about wages and f/t in non-league .   Problem is how do we stop it ?       Caps on wages lead to under the counter payments .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2017, 07:21:15 PM »
seem remarkably  well informed. :)

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2017, 07:37:44 PM »
Excellent points chubby & GHM on financial fair play at our level. But the football league don't help at all. York came down from league 2 with a half a million parachute payment to help them get back out of the conference. They completely waste the funds & get relegated again into the conference north. They now get another parachute payment of £250,000 to help get them back into the conference. The payment is designed to get them back into league 2 not give them a 250k start on their Conf north opponents.