Author Topic: todays game  (Read 6555 times)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
todays game
« on: November 20, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »
Hi-anyone able to update latest score?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 05:24:39 PM »
FT: Boston Utd 2-1 Gainsborough Trinity (1136)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »
Good game, Gainsborough town loss was down to ref. completly crap worse they ever seen. oh and he got a bufc season ticket ;D

As for me i thought 2.1 was a verry fair result given the times there keeper had to make a save compared to ours, if the ref was poor in there veiws god knows what is good to them, At times a few of there players got away with IMO was nearly Hospitle tackles.

Just add shane clark was fantastic.

Seenbetter

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 05:59:21 PM »
Gainsboro Trinity ? More like Gainsboro Elbows. The ref WAS poor-he ignored all the elbow offences comitted by G Es. Whenever they jumped for a ball they came down with their elbow into the knecks of our players. The 'man in fancy dress' was back in force today. He needs to learn what a foul is because the G Es players got away with a lot pushes, shoves that a decent ref would have put a stop too.
We need to get a goal scorer from somewhere. Both our goals today were not scored in open play, a penalty and an own goal.
Anyway thats me moan over so well done to the team for their effort and comittment. A great result. Jamie Yates ran his socks off and was my man of the match for effort alone. Must not forget Scott and Hurst. They have done wonders with the team especially on the budget they are restricted too. Glad to be a Boston supporter.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 05:59:59 PM »
Well done once again Boston. Like usual the support from townend was fantastic towards the managers and players, hopefully the OAP section behaved themselves. Really entertaining game to watch from the start and could have easily been several goals in the first half. The ref lacked authority and didn't have the balls to sort the Gainsboro bully boys out, if he had booked one of them for one of the silly challenges early on then the tone for the rest of the game would be set instead the antics just got worse; Jellyman thrown to the ground and Cully shoved to the ground into a billboard should have been dealt with properly by the ref let alone several dangerous challenges. Gainsboro lacked skill and were just a bunch of bruisers, can't see them getting into the top half this season. We missed the big lads at times today (Pearson, Suarez and Davidson) from set pieces.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 06:12:50 PM »
It was an entertaining derby without a doubt. We started out like lightening and lord knows how we didn't go 2-0 up in the first 10 minutes. We played some excellent football and only let ourselves down by not being clinical enough in the shooting department. Fair play to Trinity, they dug in and stopped us from doing our thing at times. But with that sole intention of trying to stop us playing football, they were hardly going to set the world on fire when it came to them trying to score a goal.
Fans and players were equally bewildered by the man in blacks decision to award us a penalty. Newsh took it, quite lucky for him it bounced off the inside of the post taking it inside the net. I seriously thought he'd missed it for a second. The gods were certainly with us today as the second seemed to ricochet off a trinity player and end up in their own goal.
I would however argue that in balance, we deserved the victory through our posession and attacking play and the lack of threat from Trinity. Their goal simply came from poor marking from a corner and really should of been avoided. I think the fans certainly did us proud and cheered the lads on throughout the match. The managers can have no complaints in that department tonight. A hard thought win by every player today, showing just how well we work as a unit. Well done to all the players.
Looking forward to the draw now on Monday !

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »
Enjoyable game today against tough physical opponents.
They could easily have scored another goal, and we need to score more goals from open play.
Yates MOTM for me.
If we can't get 6 points from them over the Xmas, then the season is over  ;)

Seenbetter

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 06:14:55 PM »
Just heared Little on the radio. Why do Radio Lincoln bother interviewing him every week, all they need to do is replay tthe same stuff he has been giving out for weeks. As for the penalty decision, well thats compensation to Boston from the ref for being such a useless bugger and letting them get away with murder.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 07:56:17 PM »
For the 1st time in a long time I though the town end actually got behind the team from the start and didn't wait for something to happen........it night have been the lowest gate this season but in terms of atmosphere it was very decent. Its just a shame they can't get behind the team from the start every game.

I thought Trinity were a disgrace........what is supposedly being paid out by Swann and what he's getting back is not a million miles away from what we had here 2 season's ago.......ie a bunch of tossers who couldn't give a toss and who are happy to take the money for little or no end product. For my money they were by some distance the poorest side I've seen down here this season, there was no plan to their game other than 'the big boot'........depressing stuff and thankfully all that miserable lot have now is a battle for survival.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 08:34:01 PM »
Some good points been made on here. Agree with Seeingbetter about the ref and Yates. Ref was poor for both sides but missed more of their cynical stuff that's for sure. Penalty was very debatable. Yates was MOTM for me, outstanding today.

Agree with Carl about the big men, missed Pearson and Davidson/Suarez at both ends for set pieces.

Was an entertaining game despite us getting dragged into their longball style. Apart from the last 25 mins of the first half thought we where the better side and overall edged it.

Edit: Meant to say though seeingbetter that SWD's effort was going in anyway before their defender deflected it in.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:50:02 PM by woad_pilgrim »

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 08:44:01 PM »
How could the clown in the middle not book there player for kicking the ball out of the ground
when the penelty was given ( he would of been sent off 3 mins later for second card if booked )
then book us for throwing the ball away , did he all of a sudden remember the rules ????????

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 08:52:16 PM »
the ref had his back to the player kicking the ball out!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 09:41:11 PM »
Actually thought the ref had a good game. It's physical at this level and always has been. Trouble is some of the Sky Sports subscribers don't always appreciate that from the comfort of their sofas.

As for saying we need a goalscorer - I think you'll find no better in this league than Weir-Daley. It's the service he needs and a little more creativity in midfield would provide this.

DL

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 09:52:35 PM »
Jeez, Reading there forum. god they are perfectic in losing.

No boody likes lossing but criky they need locking in there rooms before they hurt someone

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 02:15:56 PM »
Did you take any photos of the game yesterday Ken ?