Author Topic: Shane Clarke reveals 'hell' behind final days at Lincoln City  (Read 4525 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Shane Clarke reveals 'hell' behind final days at Lincoln City
« on: November 20, 2010, 09:15:24 AM »
SportsEcho Image: SportsEcho
Saturday, November 20, 2010, 07:00

SHANE CLARKE described his last few weeks at Lincoln City as "hell" after signing for Boston United yesterday.

The midfielder (pictured) joined the Pilgrims on non-contract terms and could make his debut against county rivals Gainsborough in the FA Trophy at York Street today (3pm).

Clarke, 23, made one appearance for Blue Square Premier side Gateshead last month and is unable to play for another Blue Square Premier League or Football League club until January.

He began the season with the Imps but was frozen out by former manager Chris Sutton, despite having a year left on his City deal.

"I probably should have stayed (at Lincoln) given that he (Sutton) left not long after," said Clarke, who was eventually paid up by the League Two club.

"But at the time, it was making my life hell as I was being made to train with the youth team."

Clarke said he would consider a longer stint with the Pilgrims, despite having aspirations to return to the Football League.

"I had offers from other clubs in Boston's league but I wanted to be involved with a successful club," he said.

"If I was playing regularly at Boston, and a deal could be done, then I would look to stay longer."

Boston have also signed goalkeeper Gary Montgomery and on-loan Scunthorpe defender John Williams.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Shane Clarke reveals 'hell' behind final days at Lincoln City
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »
Hell eh?

Getting to play professional football and all the advantages that brings........

Come round here mate..... ::)

Poros

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 06:26:27 PM »
Sounds like he needs to ge his head together, meby not as good as he thinks he is.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 06:59:02 PM »
He'll do for us though in the meantime, class act today.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 06:59:43 PM »
He did ok today,although didn't look like he should be playing in the FL on todays performance.

Bartmac

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 07:30:14 PM »
I thought he had a very good game today and deserved his man of the match nomination, he seemed to be more comfortable on the ball than Danny Sleath is.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 08:38:01 PM »
Was good today but agree with Carl was expecting more with him recently dropping out of the FL. And there's no way he's better on the ball than Sleath, broke their play up well and didn't give the ball away much when in possession but didn't have the vision of Sleath to pick players out going forward more often going sidewards. Also didn't have the energy of Sleathy. Still gives the managers good options in the middle which before we where lacking.

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 10:48:42 PM »
WP what did he play like alongside Church? are they similar players?. Do you think Sand H will start rotating the three Sleath, Church and Clarke for two places?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 09:30:11 AM »
Church and Clarke did alright together - maybe get Sleath out on the wing?

Swampy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 04:46:52 PM »
I thought Clarke looked very comfortable on the ball think he'll only get better as he not had a lot of football of late. 

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 08:03:03 PM »
WP what did he play like alongside Church? are they similar players?. Do you think Sand H will start rotating the three Sleath, Church and Clarke for two places?
For me as I've said he didn't quite have Sleath's vision but he's something different to Church as well. Seemed very composed and calm under pressure, Church and Sleath can sometimes be a bit frenetic. I would say he'd fit in well with either of them or we could push Sleath onto the left like P86 has suggested, he's played there before.