Author Topic: Ricky Miller  (Read 5662 times)

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ricky Miller
« on: August 30, 2009, 07:16:32 PM »
From the Non League Daily website:-

"Tuncay Korkmaz, manager of UniBond League Division One South club Stamford, believes he has a formidable arsenal of striking weapons.

Korkmaz saw his latest signing Ricky Miller (pictured) make an immediate impact when firing an equaliser at Goole AFC in midweek.

Former Spalding United and Rothwell Town man Miller , snapped up from UniBond Premier side Boston United, joins popular Phil Stebbing, prolific former Peterborough Northern Star man Karl Gibbs and the currently injured Danny Matson in the Daniels ranks.

One forward on his way out of the Vic Couzens Stadium is Sam Bettinson. He has returned to Deeping Rangers but remains registered as a Daniels player.

Korkmaz said: "It is important to have four good strikers and I certainly feel we have that.

"We are pleased to have Ricky on board and if he can continue the form he has showed in the past, he is the sort of player that is capable of scoring 25 goals a season.

"He only had 12-or-so minutes the other night but popped up with an important goal. Ricky adds to what we already have here in Phil, who has all the attributes and scored goals at this level last season, Karl and Danny."

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ricky Miller
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 07:32:51 PM »
Id rather have Jamie Clarke...

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 07:50:06 PM »
I thought we'd moved on from the subject of Ricky Miller.................

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 08:41:56 PM »
Id rather have Jamie Clarke...

Very similar players, but Miller scored goals. Clarke is yet to show that side of his game, time will tell.

I've moved on from Miller time but lets not be little what he did for the club, we'd be Unibond Div 1 if it weren't for Miller and Ellenders change of attitude in the club.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 10:05:52 PM »
Personally think Ricky and Jamie are very different players. Yes Ricky got lot's of goals and I wouldn't say no to having him back, the only problem is that I always thought Ricky was a very selfish player and I'm not sure he'd fit in with the team work ethic that we have going on. Too many times last season Ricky tried to go it alone and OCM is right let's move on, all this talk of Ev*ns and last years team when we are second in the league FFS.

Edit: maybe Ricky would of been different with this set of players but we'll never know now. As for Jamie Clarke he may not have scored but he has played a major part in the early season form, personally don't care if he doesn't scores many as long as he keeps playing the way he has been.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 10:12:34 PM by woad_pilgrim »

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 08:19:19 AM »
I wasn't intending to start a Clarke vs Miller debate, nor imply that we should have kept Miller.   ???  I just posted the article because I thought that it was of interest.

It was a new story about a former player that I had been unaware , and thought that it was worth posting to bring us all up to date with his whereabouts.  The last post I remember seeing about him suggested that he was training with St Albans. Clearly that didn't work out for him.

I know that lots of us like to keep tabs on former players - Ken likes the "Where are they now" type updates - that's all.

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 07:50:06 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought we'd moved on from the subject of Ricky Miller.................

What, so you want to censor what the rest of us are allowed to post then???  You would prefer that the only topics of discussion are the current team/squad/managers/season???

The harm in my post was what exactly???????????

If you have no wish to read about "the past", then can I suggest that don't read the posts that clearly refer to them in the heading!!!!!   ::)   ::)   ::)

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 08:47:43 AM »
We surely have to be happy with what we've got without any need to pop down memory lane or what might have been.
Jesus we could go top of the table today, regardless of who actually scores the goals, so lets move on. I too agree though, he was at times a bit selfish last season but for someone who played most his games as a sole striker, with little support from midfield, it was perhaps hardly surprising. Why cant we just remember and speak fondly of what his goals gave the club
I am sure Clarke will prove to be a most able replacement and once his first goal goes in then hopefully many more will follow

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 08:50:14 AM »
PS, I also agree with wembley 85 we surely can post on whatever we want...cant we?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 09:17:39 AM »
PS, I also agree with wembley 85 we surely can post on whatever we want...cant we?
Of course you can,it's an open forum,but this is not the first,or even second ,thread about Ricky and I think it's been about done to death.Ricky did well for us last season,but for whatever reason he isn't here now.I have wished him well both on this forum and the Stamford forum,but right now I would sooner concentrate on the present and future,,not look backwards.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 09:48:46 AM »
We surely have to be happy with what we've got without any need to pop down memory lane or what might have been.
Jesus we could go top of the table today, regardless of who actually scores the goals, so lets move on. I too agree though, he was at times a bit selfish last season but for someone who played most his games as a sole striker, with little support from midfield, it was perhaps hardly surprising. Why cant we just remember and speak fondly of what his goals gave the club
I am sure Clarke will prove to be a most able replacement and once his first goal goes in then hopefully many more will follow

I was only highlighting the difference between Ricky and Jamie not having a pop. Ricky had many admirable qualities like his enthusiasm for the game and club and his 100% commitment. I was just saying perhaps he isn't quite right for this team which is why the managers let him go maybe?Of course his goals went a long way towards keeping us up (along with Ellie shoring up the defence) and we as fans are grateful.

I think the problem is it was mentioned on here several days ago that Ricky had gone to Stamford and here it is again, it's not that we don't want to hear about former players but personally don't want to see the same story over and over again. And also it seems a preoccupation on here with some of always wanting former players back at the club for some reason, which is another reason for saying let's move on. And of course last season is history now and on the pitch it was the worst I can remember in near 25+ years supporting the club (this is the lowest we have ever been since the formation of the apl in 79), which is a good reason for me for trying to forget what can only be described as a shambolic team.

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 11:31:55 AM »
Everyone knows deep down that they would have Ricky Miller in our team..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 01:49:06 PM »
On the bench maybe.