Author Topic: Utd beat BPA  (Read 7375 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Utd beat BPA
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 09:30:35 AM »
Excellent win. I did not think we would get that result, but I was pleased to see that DG does seem to take notice of the fans who were trying to make the point that we look a better side with Marshall, Fallah and Felix in the team.

Credit where it is due. Well done to DG and all the team, Second in the league is a fantastic start, much better than expected especially with the tough fixture list. We must not get complacent on Tuesday against a side that lost 8-1 at home. Think it will be a difficult game against what I expect will be a brick wall in front of their goal.
Almost a hint of Happy Clapping there DT :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 11:43:14 AM »
Excellent win. I did not think we would get that result, but I was pleased to see that DG does seem to take notice of the fans who were trying to make the point that we look a better side with Marshall, Fallah and Felix in the team.

Credit where it is due. Well done to DG and all the team, Second in the league is a fantastic start, much better than expected especially with the tough fixture list. We must not get complacent on Tuesday against a side that lost 8-1 at home. Think it will be a difficult game against what I expect will be a brick wall in front of their goal.

If  DG took notice of what many of us on patter advise him we would be about bust and heading for the Evo League even this early in the season .  :P

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2014, 02:26:51 PM »
Its a shame that DG ruined the day by referring some fans as Knobheads! Hope he remembers that those knobheads contribute to his wage!!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2014, 02:57:08 PM »
Hope he remembers that those knobheads contribute to his wage!!!
Are we disclosing these out of contract payments to the FA?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 05:21:38 PM »
Thank you to the lads for giving me the perfect birthday pressie. There are far too many on here who lack faith in certain members of the squad without seeing them in every game, Today the team actually knocked Bradford off their game with a wholehearted and committed performance proving they are getting physically  stronger and working totally for each other. The penalty was tucked away very well by Dale but his individual goal was superb and that of a class striker. The defense and mid field were excellent but unfortunately our goalkeeping problem still remains, He was static at the corner from which Bradford scored their goal and to follow that by picking up a twenty yard back pass was unbelievable, fortunately the wall did it's job from the resulting free kick just ten yards out, now to be fair he made some brave punches in the second half but was not convincing and I tend to agree with Tash on this issue. All in all we seem to be getting better and stronger and I urge everyone to get behind the lads on Tuesday when we may make top spot.   UTP.

Funnily enough I spent one of my own birthdays at Bradford Park Avenue a couple of seasons ago. Unfortunately my birthday in Bradford didn't quite work out the way I wanted it, with Newsham missing a penalty in about the fifth minute of injury time which meant we came away defeated that afternoon. I'm glad we got a much better outcome yesterday!

I thought the second half performance yesterday was the best we've played all season. Steer's two blocks in the goalmouth prevented two almost certain Bradford goals and I thought he was probably our man-of-the-match, though in reality we didn't have a bad performer.

The back pass which Gledhill picked up was a strange one. From where I was sitting it was a clear back pass, though he had time to control it and kick it out again. I didn't understand therefore why he picked it up. It was either a lapse in concentration or he thought somehow it had come from a Bradford player. I didn't really understand the free kick that followed either. Gledhill was on the edge of his six yard box when he picked the ball up, and surely that was where the infringement took place? Yet the game re-started with a free kick further out which allowed us to assemble a wall on the goal-line. It's not something we see every game and I didn't understand the logic in terms of where the ref placed the ball for the free kick. That said, I was very relieved when Bradford didn't score from it.

Credit where credit is due, and it has to be said that BPA were brilliant in their treatment of away supporters yesterday. I'd already got my admission money in my hand as I walked up to the turnstile to enter the game, but was told to "put the money away" as I was the 10,000th person to pass through that particular turnstile block and it had already been agreed. I was still happy to pay but the gateman insisted, so I didn't look a gift horse in the mouth, and said "thank you very much." The gesture was very much appreciated, and I made a point in spending more at the tea bar than I would otherwise have done.  Speaking to other United fans, I know Bradford were allowing children in for free whereas other clubs have charged. I also know there was an issue with one supporter not having the right change, but he was allowed inside the ground on trust that he would return and pay the missing balance. He did so, though there aren't many clubs prepared to put that level of trust in supporters. I know they've had some bad publicity in the past and I don't generally like football pitches inside athletic stadiums, but on the evidence of yesterday BPA are a credit to non-league football. It's a far cry from the experience that Tamworth put us through on the last away trip. If I'd been the X,000th supporter through Tamworth's turnstile then they would probably have tried to charge me extra for that privilege! One other point for Tamworth to note - the car park at Bradford is also free of charge.

Two clubs will be promoted from Conference North at the end of the season and it goes without saying that we want Boston United to be one of them. After yesterday I really hope Bradford have a successful season as well, and it'd be good if they could go up alongside us. I wish them well, though in reality I suspect Ferriby and Barrow will have a part to play somewhere. Just as long as Tamworth don't get anywhere near those play-off places ...

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 05:26:31 PM »
Its a shame that DG ruined the day by referring some fans as Knobheads! Hope he remembers that those knobheads contribute to his wage!!!
Was he lying?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 06:38:17 PM »
  :) :)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 07:17:41 PM »
That's really cool LP was it  photo opportunity are you going to be on the cover of their next programme?