Author Topic: Southport today.  (Read 11644 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Southport today.
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 10:34:41 PM »
Agree, half time subs changed it, We carried Smith. also Clifton RB performance as some big ???????????? Over it. 2nd half he roamed and push forward a lot more and looked 10 times a better player. Reece ran every blade of grass. but sorry despite the result i cant get excited about it as it was a strangly engrossing game but it was rubbish

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 11:33:46 PM »
Slightly off topic but did anyone hear the teamsheet winning numbers from today's game?

78 (again) was one.

That quick ball from George to Ashley in the first half was the pass of the game and his pace to not only get past the defender but leave him treading water and play a brilliant ball across. Reece was inches away from netting it.

What was up with their number 6 at the end? Saw him asking a fan to join him on the pitch and I don't think he wanted to give him a Christmas Card

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 09:12:28 AM »
Where was young Harry Vince yesterday?
Do not trust atoms, they make up everything.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 09:33:19 AM »
Agree, half time subs changed it, We carried Smith. also Clifton RB performance as some big ???????????? Over it. 2nd half he roamed and push forward a lot more and looked 10 times a better player. Reece ran every blade of grass. but sorry despite the result i cant get excited about it as it was a strangly engrossing game but it was rubbish

Brordly agree  ,  alhough most of us tought the last 20 mins excitement +3 points was good compensation for the prevous 70mins .

Genuine signs that this manager apears to know what is required and given a fair chance will deliver  it .

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 10:13:22 AM »
Where was young Harry Vince yesterday?

Sat in the York Street stand looking glum.  :(
United we stand..................

Pilgrim till i die

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 10:19:17 AM »
I think Elliot should start tshimanga he looks really sharp when on the pitch, it was great atmosphere in the end it was great to see players celebrating with players.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 10:33:01 AM »
I think Elliot should start tshimanga he looks really sharp when on the pitch, it was great atmosphere in the end it was great to see players celebrating with players.
Kabbi's goals from the bench are fantastic, and so valuable, but for me, he just doesn't do the same when he starts. He's a great impact sub, but for me, he looks very ordinary in a starting shirt. I'm not really sure what the answer is up front. Gregg certainly didn't perform yesterday either as a striker, nor as a captain. Thompson was excellent, but needs someone with him, and he maybe won't be here long term. Jay is playing much more consistently out wide. Who'd be a manager?!?!?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2017, 11:58:02 AM »

Brordly agree  ,  alhough most of us tought the last 20 mins excitement +3 points was good compensation for the prevous 70mins .

Genuine signs that this manager apears to know what is required and given a fair chance will deliver  it .

Harsh as it goes 13 pound for 20 mins is a lot of money..........Will agree there is improvments but just feel we are miles off and where scrapping things

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 05:23:25 PM »
Looking at the highlights and still cannot fathom out how both officials missed that blatant handball. 

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 05:50:37 PM »
Looking at the highlights and still cannot fathom out how both officials missed that blatant handball. 

Linesman had his flag up for Offside before hand ball.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 12:04:58 AM »

Linesman had his flag up for Offside before hand ball.

Oh right, I was busy watching the cross and hand ball, didn't glance at the lino

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2017, 10:00:14 AM »
I didnt see offside or a flag

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2017, 09:11:11 PM »
I didnt see offside or a flag

Think he bottled the handball and made something up on the spot, mind you, that was the same with the ref. They time wasted from taking the lead and he warned the keeper numerous times as well as players kicking the ball away at free kicks, but only ONE player got booked for time wasting. Reece in the 95th minute.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 11:59:08 PM »
1 goal each for 3 different scorers and only Jay Rollins has scored more than 1 in any league match this season, getting both goals at home to North Ferriby.

Clifton and Thompson have each scored a brace in cup matches.
United we stand..................