Author Topic: Latest on Lincoln's new manager(s)  (Read 11871 times)

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Latest on Lincoln's new manager(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 12:32:51 PM »
i hope they dont go like 100% of the fans here, i hope they take one look at the team they might inherit and just laugh

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 02:45:23 PM »
i agree it would be a disaster if they left now
 ???

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 02:46:26 PM »
I dont think they will go, it will be a massive gamble by the Lincoln board, they have no managerial experience in the Conference, let alone L2, and after Sutton they will probably want someone established.

It would also probably be better for S&H career's to stay anyway, they dont want to have a failure at L2 and then go back to managing Unidump sides within a year.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 03:58:37 PM »
Yes, S&H should take a look at Mark Cooper's Peterborough stint, he's now back in the BSP.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 05:53:35 PM »
Scott & Hurst are now 11/4 clear favourites to take over at Lincoln after Victor Chandler bookmakers have had 'interest' in them today.

I don't know where the 'interest' has come from but if Mr Newton is on the ball maybe he should be taking a 'interest' too  :)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 08:02:27 PM »
Agree with BG would be too big a risk for Lincoln appointing managers who have only had a season and a half's experience of Unibond management + a couple of months conf north.

As for S&H it is probably a bit too soon to be making a jump into league management as has been said the risk of failure now is great and would set their careers back if they did. Whereas if they stay here and get us another promotion then the chances are more offers will come their way and they'll be more prepared.

Oh and Lincoln's hardly a step up, down to 2500 fans Tuesday and potentially could well be playing us next season  :D

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
Would they have signed Jason Lee on Wednesday knowing they would be leaving a few days later?

I doubt it very much......

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 09:38:34 PM »
down to 2500 fans Tuesday

Was there really only 2500 there on Tuesday? I knew they were slowly rotting but that is mental for a city the size of Lincoln (and surrounding area.)
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 10:21:21 PM »
down to 2500 fans Tuesday

Was there really only 2500 there on Tuesday? I knew they were slowly rotting but that is mental for a city the size of Lincoln (and surrounding area.)
Yep 2510. See this thread on one of their boards too, a quote from it below.

Quote from: some gimp fan
Quite funny how there are a few of our six-fingered friends claiming it's not really a step-up to come to Lincoln!

Some great cross-forum biting from their fans, great work from our lot and did it all without trying or even leaving our board :D

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 10:22:39 PM »
So how big is Lincoln and surrounding areas ?
 Looking at an old program  for Sept 1969 we got 2250 for an early season evening game against Macclesfield  .

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 11:53:41 PM »
Taking into consideration the amount of fans they take from Skeg, Spilsby, Louth to name just a few. Does anyone from the City actually go to the game???
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 12:01:53 AM »
I don't think they'll go because

- why go to a new club halfway through a season and be stuck with someone else's players?
- they were shafted by their last chairman, they seem to have a good relationship with N and K. Why go to a club that has had 4 managers in 5 years?
- I'm sure they're ambitious. Why leave a club that may get promoted this season for one that at best will stay up? Get us up (not a foregone conclusion I realise but more likely than I thought at the start of the season) and presumably they'll have better offers than a club that hasn't got promoted this century
- as Andy B says, why sign new players if you're thinking of leaving?

I don't doubt they'll go sooner rather than later. Particularly if we get promoted and Rotherham don't, they'll think "Our work here is done" and off to the Millers next season they go. But Lincoln mid-season? No.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 08:56:25 AM »
Even though they are clear favourites there's
Still 3 times more chance of them staying than going,
Looks to me like the bookies don't really have a clue.

It dosen't make sense why they would want to go at this
Stage and I can't understand why Lincoln would want them
At the moment anyway. Time will tell though.

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »

After careful consideration to this thread I personally think S&H would probably relish the opportunity
to move into proffesional football. Both are ambitious and inevitably would like to take Boston into
the League, but an early opportunity has arisen that may be to good to turn down ?

There is no question of their ability in the Management stakes,I would have no idea of what finances
would be available at Sincil Bank and with no disrespect to David Newton and the Board at York Street
but it has got to be better surely. As far as playing ability goes how far advanced is League Two in terms
of quality from a players perspective. Would there be players here at York Street that could make the
step up knowing what their Managers here expect from them.

IMO this is probably a hard one to call, their positions at Sincil Bank would have to become fulltime so that
would be a consideration both would have to think about seriously. The whole package if offered to them
would have to be right for all parties concerned but if it were to materialise it would naturally be Lincoln's
gain Boston's loss. I do hope all this speculation has no affect on todays fixture on Merseyside. 
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.