Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
He'll be gone, it's worth a crack as opportunities like that don't come around very often. I did hear on the grape vine that him and ward are best friends and Ward is his taxi as Jimmy doesn't drive. Keep Ward and we may get Knowles.
The B-Ark / Re: Former players
« Last post by noughtyforties on Today at 09:44:10 AM »
Posh really missed the boat last season being 4-0 up on Wendy in the the 1st leg and blowing it in S6.

I saw them 6 weeks or so against Cheaty McFraud's Stevenage and I'd have had them as very strong promotion contenders.

But thats the play offs, they are brutal. I hate them. But, they are here to stay.
Mick Lyon did OK there.......

If its a role at a University then he'd be a fool to turn it down, chance of a lifetime opportunity.

I spoke with a couple of his family members at Alfreton and they said they were aware of interest from Doncaster Rovers and another EFL club who I forget now.

Players come and go, the club is the one constant 
USA? I've always considered it a graveyard for players......
The B-Ark / Former players
« Last post by Oakham Pilgrim on Today at 08:37:15 AM »
Went to see Posh v Oxford last night, and before the game a number of former players were paraded on the pitch including ex-BUFC Ken Charlery and Gareth Jelleyman. Aaron McLean was with them - that brought back happy memories of Brackley as he was one of the TNT pundits there, I believe! It was nice to go to a game where I wasn't in a state of shot nerves for most of it. I'm not sure how Posh managed only to draw as they were clearly the better side. Oxford were pretty good at the dark arts.
The B-Ark / Re: well done Jimmy Knowles ... Leagues 3rd highest scorer
« Last post by Dipdodah on Today at 08:32:58 AM »
I was told Knowles had been offered a position at a club in the USA.
For all the euphoria we have to remember we finished 6th in a desperately poor league and as much as we may love this group, some of them are not good enough for the step up. Harsh, but reality.

Early season form was poor, even losing to Bishop Stortford whilst the side was still gelling. End of season form was considerably better, and warranted a position much higher than sixth. With that momentum and camaraderie in place, wouldn't it be better to keep the nucleus of the squad together and give it a chance? If the group breaks up too much, don't you risk more results like Stortford? But if you keep it together, anything is possible. Look at Tamworth .....
The B-Ark / Re: Where are they now?
« Last post by Pilgrim86 on May 08, 2024, 03:59:31 PM »
Nathan Arnold resigned from joint-manager role at Sleaford.
Well done Ken, it cant be easy organising this every year.
Well done to CJ, and indeed everybody else who contributed. Its a fascinating "competition".
My personal problem is that I find it hard to predict and write down a BUFC defeat!
Best wishes...JP
Thanks Ken, well done CJ, and good luck to all next season.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10