Author Topic: Tinpot Cup final...  (Read 8772 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Tinpot Cup final...
« on: March 13, 2010, 10:59:17 PM »
...If we're still in the title race, send the ressies please (or a local pub team signed up for the day) and leave our first team with their knee caps intact for the run in.

http://retfordunited.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=News&action=display&thread=5208

They look up for it on there, I for one am not cos you run a risk of injury everytime you send 11 out to face that farce.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Tinpot Cup final...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 11:39:24 PM »
Wrong attitude LCB.We should stand toe-to-toe against this team and with the undoubted and unspoken support from the rest of the league put them in thier place,that is 2nd to us in every aspect of football . Better ground, Better support, Better players, Better manager(s) (and a better no6). fight evil with good.

Bob Lee

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 08:11:58 AM »
NO send the reserves, no question.

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 08:40:10 AM »
Tattershall Road.

A worthy venue for anything tinpot!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 09:47:57 AM »
Seems I've made a friend

Quote from: Some sheep sh*gging Retthug fan
Put this link on your forum "Woad pilgrim" you five-fingered mong

Technically "it" is correct as it's four fingers and a thumb but most people use the term "six fingered", can't even insult us properly  :D

As for the game really don't care if we win or lose as with every previous round, so yeah play youth team and players who've not been getting a game. Ashby Avenue is my prefered choice but who knows with the Unibond they'll probably make us both travel to Kendal  :o

More importantly when is it going to be played. There's only 3 midweek slots available when one or both of us aren't playing a league game, next Tuesday we play the Lincs Shield Final, the 30th they play the Notts Senior Cup Semi Final so that's 2 out. The only other midweek is between the FCUM and Marine game on the last week of the season. Added to that they'll more than likely win their county cup semi so that'll probably be played then so when is it going to be played  ???

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 10:42:34 AM »
According to Craig yesterday the final will probably be played at the end of the season, This would be ideal as both the Challange Cup and Championship Trophy could be presented to us at the same time.   

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 11:42:35 AM »
According to Craig yesterday the final will probably be played at the end of the season, This would be ideal as both the Challange Cup and Championship Trophy could be presented to us at the same time.   

Now theres some motivation, making Duffield stand there and applaud us before the Unibond officials....we can but dream.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »
They look up for it on there

Yeah, all three of them!!

What a graceless shambles those muppets are.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 06:05:54 PM »
What about a bit of fund raising for the club.....eleven fans who bid the highest start the game!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 08:56:40 PM »
What about a bit of fund raising for the club.....eleven fans who bid the highest start the game!

now that's an idea
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 09:11:54 PM »

now that's an idea

Na we was gonna do that last season without the fund raising, it didnt take althou most didnt spot the difference ;D

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 10:15:35 PM »
Tattershall Road.

A worthy venue for anything tinpot!

:D

That made me roar.

With a bit of luck that will be the last we see of Ret-thug for a long time, hopefully they wont get in the playoffs or we'll avoid them, i dont see how theyre gonna get that field up to BSN standard
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:31:30 PM by BostonGoals »

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 11:08:47 AM »
This will obviously be a strongly contested affair but we need experience playing in games like this as little irrelevant football clubs like Retthug can only compete against us by kicking and bully tactics. The more we get used to this the quicker we will get out of this league and not have to play over pikey sites like Cannon Park!!

Put the strongest side out, bury Retthug, win the cup and take the league!!

BU on the up!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 11:25:49 AM »
It depends on the timing. If it is the final midweek of the season, and we need a result at Marine on the last day, it should come 2nd in terms of team selection. If it's after the final game, then play the strongest team to go out on a high!

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 11:57:26 AM »
It's great to be in another final but in all honesty I'd take promotion any day over beating Retford. We need to get back into the Blue Square North asap. We can't afford to pick up injuries as late as this into the season when it's vitally important to have your key players fully fit and winning you points in the league. Some may agree / disagree about the silverware factor, but would you rather beat a small team in north nottinghamshire in the mickey mouse cup than plying our trade a league higher ? I know which one I'd plum for.