Author Topic: Wise words but they make me worry  (Read 3275 times)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Wise words but they make me worry
« on: April 18, 2012, 12:30:33 PM »
In the Programme on Saturday Chris Cook's notes had a point specifically referencing Tom Ward and keeping his feet on the ground/not letting it go to his head.

Should we take this as meaning he is getting attention from other clubs to the point of receiving offers?

I'd say he is in a very similar position to Pearson after the Unibond promotion year, got a break, shown progression but still needs to do it more consistently and also get the chance (not always the case if you move up the ladder) to do so before adding a few quid extra.  If he really turns into a player and not just a prospect the money will take care of itself.

All for players moving on and bettering themselves (Church and Pearson recent obvious examples) but the time and destination has to be right.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Wise words but they make me worry
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »
And his form has dropped off a wee bit lately.

A couple of months ago he just seemed better than he does right now.  I thought that we could start to compare him to Pearson back then, though obviously a little raw, but he has started to go backwards a bit recently.

Hopefully he will return to form in the new season.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 01:40:16 PM »
Everyone has a drop now and again, He might just be tired at this time of the season as hes never played this much at this level.

I suspect next season he will be a fixture in the team and will be more consistant.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 03:43:42 PM »
please don't be silly, he is nowhere near as good as pearson was when we had him, yes he's improved a bit but no-one above bsbn would want him, infact no-one in this league - he has so much more to learn

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 05:36:18 PM »
please don't be silly, he is nowhere near as good as pearson was when we had him, yes he's improved a bit but no-one above bsbn would want him, infact no-one in this league - he has so much more to learn

Agreed, but my point based on the comments in the programme are... does Tom think this!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 06:57:45 PM »
Agree with Towender. Some of the defending by him has been schoolboy this season. Good when the ball is coming towards him but play it over the top and he struggles big time.

DL

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 10:20:13 PM »
Everyone has a drop now and again, He might just be tired at this time of the season as hes never played this much at this level.

I think that's affected a few players and understandably so as they are young and new to this level - Marshall, Ward, Stainfield will all hopefully be better and stronger next season after this season and a proper pre-season (with a good few sessions with the fitness coach ;) )