Author Topic: Matlock Fans  (Read 6296 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Matlock Fans
« on: December 05, 2009, 09:23:29 PM »
What a bunch of gloating, smalltime, ignorant self gratifiers.  No need for all that shit as you leave the ground by the same exit.  If you give it big guns as the two sets of fans meet then expect those that are disappointed to react.  ;D

Good atmosphere ruined by a few fans that have spent too long at altitude and with nothing but Black Sheep for company  ;)
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Shodfried

Re: Matlock Fans
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 09:33:17 PM »
Sounds like some of our lot didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either.......

Take it on the chin and don't rise to it, they got the reaction they wanted from no doubt the usual suspects.

Interesting to note the reaction of the FCUM fans there last season, some of you lot could do with a lesson in manners and sportsmanship.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 09:54:58 PM »
So what actually went off as when I left I didn't see anything untoward? Although just before the final whistle some of ours where getting a bit over-excited throwing their plastic glasses on the pitch and giving the keeper some abuse that was a bit ott.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Bob Lee

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 10:46:06 PM »
I remember when we played them and got stuffed in the Northern Premier league final at Main Road Manchester.  They were the worst set of fans at that level I had ever seen.

They kept comming into our end and causing fights, mind you one or two of them wished they hadn't ;D

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 11:37:05 PM »
What a bunch of gloating, smalltime, ignorant self gratifiers.  No need for all that shit as you leave the ground by the same exit.  If you give it big guns as the two sets of fans meet then expect those that are disappointed to react.  ;D

Good atmosphere ruined by a few fans that have spent too long at altitude and with nothing but Black Sheep for company  ;)

Easy solution: ignore it. It wasn't as bad as the Stocksbridge twelve year olds squeaking away as we trudged out the ground anyway.

All this venom at places like Matlock is just cringeworthy...

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 11:43:34 PM »

Easy solution: ignore it. It wasn't as bad as the Stocksbridge twelve year olds squeaking away as we trudged out the ground anyway.

All this venom at places like Matlock is just cringeworthy...

Green Eyed Army

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 11:52:12 PM »
Sounds like some of our lot didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either.......

Take it on the chin and don't rise to it, they got the reaction they wanted from no doubt the usual suspects.

Interesting to note the reaction of the FCUM fans there last season, some of you lot could do with a lesson in manners and sportsmanship.
Sounds like you weren't there  ::)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 09:48:09 AM »

Sounds like you weren't there  ::)

Maybe Shodfried wasn't there, but I most definitely was. On the final whistle I saw a Boston supporter throw a beer glass onto the pitch - not missing the Matlock goalkeeper by very much. Yes, it was a plastic glass. And yes, you have to question why Matlock Town FC allow fans to take alcoholic drinks into the main part of the ground when at York Street we're not even trusted with plastic bottle tops. I didn't see which particular fan threw the glass, but can say with 99% certainty that it was a Boston fan due to where he was standing. On the off chance that you're reading this, what sort of a moron are you? I had enough of being embarassed by my club through the brown envelope and court room years, it's great that David Newton and Neil Kempster have now given us a club back that we can be proud of. On the whole we have magnificent supporters home and away. But I don't want to start feeling ashamed again because of an idiot few. To the idiot concerned, please learn your lesson and learn it quickly.

Shodfried

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 10:21:27 AM »
Well said mate.

Dave and the rest of the people behind the scenes have put the pride back into the club that Evans and him mob threw in the gutter, the last thing we need is the same bunch of knuckle draggers and apologists who jumped on board the last time we had some success jumping on board again and embarrassing the 99% of fans who behave impeccable week in week out.

Nice to see people on the whole condemning this and not looking to make excuses, of course there will always be the minority that thinks its a great laugh to behave like this, its just a shame the club know who they are and yet year on year do nothing to stop it.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 02:30:43 PM »
only thing i can say about the fans yesterday was , that i think its been all been taken out of proportion , no it wasn't right a beer cup got thrown on the pitch , and i understand people not liking what this kind of thing could do to our reputation since the end of the Evans days

but i honestly think its been all taken OTT , outside the ground it was just a few words said and nothing came of it and both went in seperate directions

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 02:55:25 PM »

Another thing that annoyed me yesterday was one or two Boston supporters shouting "break his fcuking legs" when one or two meaty challenges went in during the second half. We're not the only club with supporters guilty of shouting this, but quite honestly it should be about as welcome on the terraces as some of the racist filth that was blurted out in the late seventies and early eighties. Adam Millson has only just returned from that very injury, and others have seen their careers ended in similar circumstances (David Busst, Alf Inge Haaland, etc). What must players and ex-players think when supporters start shouting this type of thing? It should have no place in football.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 03:04:04 PM »
It was just a really bad day yesterday, bad pitch, bad game, bad atmosphere and bad performance.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 06:38:48 PM »
http://www.phpbbserver.com/matlocktownfc/viewtopic.php?t=3353&start=30&mforum=matlocktownfc

Can we lock this thread, I only posted it as a tit for tat mock of the Matlock one as proof that two sides of the fence see things very different. :o

Football fans are mardi when they lose and happy when they win. Going to a ground and singing 'shit ground, no fans' happens, it is a football tradition (especially when 3/4s of the ground is not in use.) A plastic cup and a few words of the blue variety are not grounds for a mass investigation.

Time to move on, leave touchy smallville to their over reaction (god even Ken's picture of the pitch offends.) We need to be bigger and better than that.

BPA on Saturday, lets move onto that, vent our anger at a club that really needs putting in its place, not poor pretty old Matlock and their few supporters who got a bit cyber gobby cos they beat us on a pudding pitch.  

It's back to the green velvet of York Street  ;D and a team that are right up there after a bad start.  Make or break next week, lose to them and it's back to playing catchup.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:45:51 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »

Seenbetter

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 08:16:58 AM »
Just to carry on from Leicester Pilgrim-I was near the Hucknall manager at the Cup game when I heared it explained to him that Millson was in his first game after months recovering from a broken leg. He said that if it had been a proper league game then Millson would have been charged down very early on. Not a nice thought but I suppose that attitude would exist in any teams game plan because the idea is not to break his leg again but to knock his confidence and negate his effect on the game. Still, not a nice thing to do but I think most managers would employ that strategy to quieten a player. I don't agree with it but understand it. The managers biggest mistake was to be overheared saying it.