Author Topic: Two new defenders, but what about Reed?  (Read 5953 times)

Boston Standard

• View Profile
Two new defenders, but what about Reed?
« on: July 15, 2013, 12:02:58 PM »

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
Re: Two new defenders, but what about Reed?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 12:11:29 PM »
Would be a shame to lose Reed but these centre halfs sound brilliant!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 12:33:44 PM »
Fair play too Reed though training in the morning and playing 90 mins in the afternoon in that heat! Hope he stays though maybe a dual registration might happen keeps the lad happy as he will playing. Captain of a Conf Prem team last season for a centre half sounds very interesting!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 12:33:52 PM »
Captain of a Conference Premier club last season? I was thinking Darran Kempson, but he's under contract at Alfreton.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 12:34:37 PM »
Fair play too Reed though training in the morning and playing 90 mins in the afternoon in that heat! Hope he stays though maybe a dual registration might happen keeps the lad happy as he will playing. Captain of a Conf Prem team last season for a centre half sounds very interesting!
Dual registration isn't allowed for someone under contract, which is what will have been offered (he was under contract last season, hence why he couldn't play for the Reserves)

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 02:02:39 PM »
Scott Garner ??

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »
I was thinking could be garner. Transfer listed at Cambridge not sure he was captain there though. He and galinski would be terrific additions.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 02:10:42 PM »
Dual registration isn't allowed for someone under contract, which is what will have been offered (he was under contract last season, hence why he couldn't play for the Reserves)
YES REED was under contract and if I read it right he as been offerd the same deal for the up and comeing season,     THAT meens no improvement. I would think GREENE as not put it to REED in the right way.

IT sounds like the new players have a good pedigree,he must have the paperwork on them.
(maybe REEDs pedigree is not goodenough hence no improvement on his contract)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 06:34:54 PM »
Scott garner it is then. Great signing for the club. Piergianni and garner as a partnership certainly fills me with much more confidence than ward and stainfield. Well done to all involved in sorting the deal.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 06:51:24 PM »
Scott garner it is then. Great signing for the club. Piergianni and garner as a partnership certainly fills me with much more confidence than ward and stainfield. Well done to all involved in sorting the deal.
pity we cant get our own players, still that's one gap filled for now. ;)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 07:05:49 PM »
MHO i think there is good buisness going on.

How key players are on contract, those mayby players are on non contract, and a loanee till jan.

Things go wronge for mid season and we are in a posistion to make large changes. Now think of the clubs that wont be so lucky. that have lots of contracted players for a year that prove worthless come xmas

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 07:11:35 PM »
I just hope
a) He shows us why he's played 100 games at that level
b) He stays once his loan finishes in Jan (till End of Season or beyond)

Looks a decent signing though- hopefully we can find a couple more who've played a bit at that level

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Sport/Cambridge-United/Scott-Garner-urged-to-move-on-from-Cambridge-United-20130702090200.htm

Sounds as if we'll be paying most of the lads wages.

Still only 23 so the back four should be fairly youthful with quite a few games under their belt already.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 07:19:29 PM »
Loads of players with experience at a higher level and at the peak of their career! Something we haven't had for a long time! On paper Den seems to have a fantastic squad so far. Hopefully we will have a decent left winger on trial over the next couple of games.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 07:33:07 PM »
Great work by DG. The squad is looking alot better than we had for a long time. He has signed experienced leaders like garner and mills and all new signings are at right age and all with a point to prove. We could suprise a few we as fans need to play our part and really get behind the lads.