Author Topic: Sponsorship for Macmillan - BUPA 10k London 2012  (Read 3924 times)

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
Sponsorship for Macmillan - BUPA 10k London 2012
« on: December 12, 2011, 08:10:22 PM »
Hellp all :)

Some of you may know me as that annoying photographer who spams these forums with his photos! (sorry!).

Anyway, I am entering the Bupa 10k London 2012 Run in support of Macmillan Cancer - a cause that is close to my heart after my Grandma Sweet (Shirley) passed away on 11th August 2011 - Macmillan were there for my Grandma during her last days and made them alot more comfortable. They also made things alot easier for the family as a whole. Before my Grandma died, me and my sister (Vicky) told her that we would raise money in support of them as she spoke highly of Macmillan - and this is our way of doing it.

Now 10K might not sound alot - but when you can barely run from one end of the room to the other you know its going to be a struggle - suffice to say I will be doing alot of training come the new year! Will be my first ever sponsored run so I intend and make a real go of it and achieve the best time I possibly can - As well as achiving my ultimate goal of raising lots of money for the fantastic people at Macmillan.

Please give what you can to this fantastic cause and help me reach my £300.00 target. Like I say this cause is close to my heart so every donation will be appreciated.

You can give by either speaking to me at a match and filling out a sponsorship form or by visiting:-

http://www.justgiving.com/David-Shipman

You can follow my progress from the New Year on www.davidshipman.co.uk/blog

Thank you,

David Shipman

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsorship for Macmillan - BUPA 10k London 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 09:23:09 PM »
Good on yer Shippy I'll start you off with a tenner see you at the match.

Shippy92

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 11:16:37 PM »
Good on yer Shippy I'll start you off with a tenner see you at the match.

Thank you oxo :)

Also thank you to Ken for stickying this thread and for also donating :)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 05:27:24 PM »
Good luck tomorrow. It looks like it's going to be a tad warm. So take it easy, make sure you're hydrated, take advantage of any shade and have fun.  8)

Shippy92

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 10:57:09 PM »
Cheers Ken! Did it in about 1hr 10. Was roasting and first time I have actually done the first distance. results can be found here:- http://www.london10000.co.uk/results/2012/show-results/?first_name=David&last_name=Shipman&club=&running_number=16313

Thanks to all who have sponsored so far :) half way to my target and the justgiving page stays open for a while!