Author Topic: New Ground  (Read 4926 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
New Ground
« on: June 10, 2013, 06:17:54 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about our new stadium?   I was told on Saturday night that it is going to be close to Johnsons garden centre! can anyone confirm this?   I've seen nothing on the OS.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Ground
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 06:59:47 PM »
What are we down to now? 4 years left on the current lease at York Street? Certainly feels like the clock is ticking louder.

With Newton's background in property I do feel like if he can't get a new ground sorted for us then nobody will! We would then either have to convince the Malkinsons to renew the lease or ground share, so lets keep faith the Newton & co can sort it out!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:51:24 PM by Lee Newell »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 07:12:48 PM »
All in hand from what i hear althou there is the matter of funding, i think we will all know more before  xmas

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 09:43:37 PM »
Nice to hear its all in hand. Where did you hear that?? Where is the funding likely to come from?!

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 09:55:40 PM »
All in hand from what i hear althou there is the matter of funding, i think we will all know more before  xmas

Think the matter of the funding is the main obstacle.

Funding in place= building firms falling over each other to tender

It is a major problem, and no short term fix. Original plans involved a reported £10m development funded by an International Hotel chain ( which company would pay that?)  which stalled because of the recession.
Nothing has changed economically, so a new "partner" is needed.

I'm sure Chestnuts have access to land acquisitions in the area, but major developments  like this take a lot of planning (years)

Perhaps an extension on the lease at York St needs to be explored

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 08:49:55 AM »
[/quot

It is a major problem, and no short term fix. Original plans involved a reported £10m development funded by an International Hotel chain ( which company would pay that?)  which stalled because of the recession.

I'm sure Chestnuts have access to land acquisitions in the area, but major developments  like this take a lot of planning (years)

Good post Steelihat, I think we are goning to need a bit more time as it is running out. The problem is I really cant see Malkie agreeing to it.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 08:46:50 PM »
Nothing has changed economically.

A lot as changed in the last couple of months, the governments new 'help to buy scheme' for 2nd time buyers as really set a bomb off under the property market and over the next couple of months we will see official figures coming through and confirming this.

The mortgage market as really eased up, self certification mortgages are back for the people that know how to structure them and they were a real problem in 2007.

All this points to things moving fast with our new stadium program.

My guess is we will all be a lot wiser before our away day out at Histon.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 09:38:22 PM »

You make it sound difficult Steeli
Give Swanny and Jim Rodwell a fag packet and pencil and it wll soon be sorted  8)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 10:41:31 PM »

You make it sound difficult Steeli
Give Swanny and Jim Rodwell a fag packet and pencil and it wll soon be sorted  8)
[/quote]
:)

good to see Qwerty back now we're talking betting :)

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 08:51:11 PM »
good to see Qwerty back now we're talking betting :)

Evening, hope all's well with you & the family?

I'm not staying, just a flying closed season look in between Royal Ascot & Glorious Goodwood.