Author Topic: Today :(  (Read 12148 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Today :(
« on: April 19, 2014, 05:03:47 PM »
Okay not over by maths but i think anyone with a cell left alive after this season will see its over.

But a big gate on Monday should still be warranted to see the players of on there summer holidays they deserve.
Over the past season i Personely think we have been treated to some of the best football we seen at York street for many moons and it seems we just started to get the away form right if a little late but what a season.
But with things moving forward of the pitch and on the pitch i feel we as a club are now moving in the right direction.

Unlucky lads but still a big well done

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today :(
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 05:08:20 PM »
It's not over until the fat lady sings... however she has started to warm up her vocal chords.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 05:34:49 PM »
It's not over until the fat lady sings... however she has started to warm up her vocal chords.

And filled her lungs up

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 05:47:01 PM »
And starting to sing. Oh well the lads have really given everything over last month. Just when we couldn't do a thing away from home we go unbeaten in the last 4 or so. I hope we can hang on to majority of squad for next season.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 06:04:16 PM »
Future looking bright , over the last 8 matches we have obtained 16 points title winning form in any league, and 5 of those games away from home .     Add the fact that Newsham and Marshall have not been available for the run-in .
 Also in this time Mills and Dowie have been good signings ,  if we hold on to these and and most our other best players the future looks bright .

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 06:20:39 PM »
Gutted!!! What a great effort from all the lads just didn't have quite enough in the end. Next challenge is keeping this squad together which in my opinion is gonna be a massive task,higher league clubs will surely be looking at our players. Can see us losing a few but let's hope DG brings in some decent replacements and we can progress further next season. Let's hope for a big turn out Monday to appreciate the lads great efforts this season....

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 06:37:46 PM »
Gutted!!! What a great effort from all the lads just didn't have quite enough in the end. Next challenge is keeping this squad together which in my opinion is gonna be a massive task,higher league clubs will surely be looking at our players. Can see us losing a few but let's hope DG brings in some decent replacements and we can progress further next season. Let's hope for a big turn out Monday to appreciate the lads great efforts this season....

Why are higher league clubs 'surely' going to be looking at our players?

At the end of the day they as a squad have come up short.

Don't hype players, who have failed in their primary objective, to be something they are not. I'm not fooled, they are here for a reason and I didn't hear too many whispers about scouts flocking to York St this summer.

They are mid table Conference North players, not Conference National players.

Although the season has been a massive improvement it just serves to highlight the absolutely terrible job Jason Lee did here, and yet he still had apologists. Greene has put together a competitive squad, nothing more. We never come close to being a top side, we've always been there or thereabouts in the play off zone, but really as a club that should be the absolute minimum requirement. When its come to the crunch in the key away fixtures (Telford,Brackley,Ferriby,Guiseley and Hednesford) we've not picked up a single point. That tells me we're lacking something, be it desire or tactically.

As a mark out of 10 for entertainment its been a solid 8, for attainment its been a 6.

Play offs should be the minimum requirement next season, anything else is selling the support short.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »
After the shite that was served up over the last 2 seasons it has been a pretty enjoyable season, especially at home, although I don't think we've got any complaints about being 6th, we've come up short against the top teams away (although we should have won at Telford).

Hanging on to Ricky has to be number 1 priority this summer.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 07:14:48 PM »
After the shite that was served up over the last 2 seasons it has been a pretty enjoyable season, especially at home, although I don't think we've got any complaints about being 6th, we've come up short against the top teams away (although we should have won at Telford).

Hanging on to Ricky has to be number 1 priority this summer.

We do have a complaint, From harrogat the 5th for pinching there normal league placing

Monty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 07:19:44 PM »
Who cares about the playoffs, bigger ambitions in life, let's fool the Bostonions.... Be a benefit fraudster or just chase land deals and fill bucketfuls of cash! Those kind don't give a toss about Boston United!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 07:42:42 PM »
Who cares about the playoffs, bigger ambitions in life, let's fool the Bostonions.... Be a benefit fraudster or just chase land deals and fill bucketfuls of cash! Those kind don't give a toss about Boston United!

Yawn.......

Its going to be a long summer with you about isn't it? >:(

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »
Anybody else see Ricky showered and changed and heading for the bus at 5:15? I was in the queue waiting to get out of the car park.

Seenbetter

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 08:21:56 PM »
Probably on a promise

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 09:05:12 PM »
I think DG has learnt a lot this season, the last few away results have shown this - without compromising the home form either. A few players will go, and you have to be confident that DG will bring players of the correct quality to get those extra few points required.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 09:06:45 PM »

What the hell are BostONIONS.A new vegetable?