Author Topic: our team  (Read 9286 times)

frithville pilgrim

• View Profile
our team
« on: October 11, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »
whats going on Marrs was best rb last season Conner Marshal best central midfielder till injury. D owie comes into team a few games ago now the team is playing rubbish get Dowie out Marrs rb Zak rhs midfield Conner central midfield  ie a bit of shape and bite.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: our team
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 07:27:47 PM »
whats going on Marrs was best rb last season Conner Marshal best central midfielder till injury. D owie comes into team a few games ago now the team is playing rubbish get Dowie out Marrs rb Zak rhs midfield Conner central midfield  ie a bit of shape and bite.

How dare you mention the remote thought of greene dropping his mate!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 07:37:03 PM »

Think its the same with Den and Garner .

Like FP I would move Marr to right-back but move Timms to partner Pieriganni ,  Garner getting outpaced far too often .     
All the mid-fielders look the same , lightwieght and below par .

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 07:55:47 PM »

Like FP I would move Marr to right-back but move Timms to partner Pieriganni ,  Garner getting outpaced far too often .     

When did we get Timms back Pete?  I thought he was a goalie!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 10:00:59 PM »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 10:02:56 PM »

Thanks Ernie
                      I should have put Mills .

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 12:31:38 AM »
Agree Marrs was excellent last season the only worry this season is he no longer trains full time,

Marshall played the central midfield role well last season with a creative midfielder in front i.e Ross but then that Dowie thing arrived and ross and Marshall were dropped along with points, if Marshall plays again what has he got to pass to as there is no one who can pass or hold the ball Doran and Medows can't pass or hold the ball and that other mate Felix is laughable.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 08:49:18 AM »
Duran Reynolds..............(he may come back if Den asks nicely!)
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

BradHealy24

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 09:57:55 AM »
the same Duran reynolds that is not doing that great at histon?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 02:48:11 PM »
Agree Marrs was excellent last season the only worry this season is he no longer trains full time,

Marshall played the central midfield role well last season with a creative midfielder in front i.e Ross but then that Dowie thing arrived and ross and Marshall were dropped along with points, if Marshall plays again what has he got to pass to as there is no one who can pass or hold the ball Doran and Medows can't pass or hold the ball and that other mate Felix is laughable.

Your a bit mixed up there garry .
The 10 match run in at the end of the season was when we produced our best results ,  in these ten games Dowie played ,  Conor was out  injured and Ross was dropped .

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 02:03:51 PM »
the same Duran reynolds that is not doing that great at histon?
I think so! Glad he has found a club who can use his services. Not doing that great? Surprised at that. Are you able to elaborate why?
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 03:49:19 PM »
Don't know why you keep going on about Reynolds he was no better than what we have and was awful against Gainsborough in the cup and against Barrow (his only competitive home appearances.)

I think two bad (understatement) performances have been taken out of context. Yes we were awful in those games but we have decent players who just need to click, hopefully this will happen as we now have less injuries/suspensions to worry about which has made it very hard for the players to develop an understanding on the pitch due to all the chopping and changing with team. Not at any point yet this season have we started our strongest eleven - hopefully this will happen against Hyde.

All the talk of sacking Greene is both naive and premature. He has done well over his period here and provided the fans with excellent entertainment last season. We are still in a half decent position  and now have three consecutive home games which will hopefully see us gain 6+ points.

The biggest concern has been the midfield which will hopefully be worked on in training this week. No one has tried to up the tempo in midfield recently with either short passes moving into space or taking on an opponent, McGhee and Dixon have the ability to do this and for me both should start Sat. Mills and Steer have been the only players to try and create anything going forward on a regular basis this season who are both defenders. Lets try and get behind the lads and pick up some points over the next few weeks!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 04:43:31 PM »
Don't know why you keep going on about Reynolds he was no better than what we have and was awful against Gainsborough in the cup and against Barrow (his only competitive home appearances.)

I think two bad (understatement) performances have been taken out of context. Yes we were awful in those games but we have decent players who just need to click, hopefully this will happen as we now have less injuries/suspensions to worry about which has made it very hard for the players to develop an understanding on the pitch due to all the chopping and changing with team. Not at any point yet this season have we started our strongest eleven - hopefully this will happen against Hyde.

All the talk of sacking Greene is both naive and premature. He has done well over his period here and provided the fans with excellent entertainment last season. We are still in a half decent position  and now have three consecutive home games which will hopefully see us gain 6+ points.

The biggest concern has been the midfield which will hopefully be worked on in training this week. No one has tried to up the tempo in midfield recently with either short passes moving into space or taking on an opponent, McGhee and Dixon have the ability to do this and for me both should start Sat. Mills and Steer have been the only players to try and create anything going forward on a regular basis this season who are both defenders. Lets try and get behind the lads and pick up some points over the next few weeks!
OK - I won't mention him again. However, just be aware that he was a popular player in the Skeggy area and the Club/business would have had generated more interest in this area if he was still playing for us.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:50:43 PM by Burgh Boy »

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 06:17:39 PM »
So we should be signing players that are popular with people that don't watch Boston yeah that would make sense don't worry about ability if this is what patter become I'm done

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 07:47:54 PM »
So we should be signing players that are popular with people that don't watch Boston yeah that would make sense don't worry about ability if this is what patter become I'm done
If we sign a popular and good enough player (as was the case with Duran) this would have brought extra bums on seats! Extra revenue, my son!!! :bunny :bunny :bunny
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:54:17 PM by Burgh Boy »