« Last post by TheThirdTwin on May 15, 2024, 10:45:16 PM »
Shane Byrne leaves Kiddy.
yes please…would love to see him back
The B-Ark / Re: Where are they now?
« Last post by BostonGoals on May 15, 2024, 02:24:50 PM »
Shane Byrne leaves Kiddy.
The B-Ark / Re: Former players
« Last post by Kearsley Pilgrim on May 15, 2024, 12:51:56 PM »
I popped along to the Etihad Stadium last Friday night to see one of our ex-players in his head coach / manager role.

Ben Wilkinson - son of Howard - had a brief spell with us in 2011, and nowadays manages the Manchester City Youth Team.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13401071/Man-City-coach-Ben-Wilkinson-grew-awe-dad-Howard-Leeds-English-manager-win-title-Yorkshire-stand-way-FA-Youth-Cup-glory.html

The game on Friday night was the FA Youth Cup Final : Manchester City v. Leeds United.

A very enjoyable game with both teams playing some excellent football. It was 0-0 at half-time, but City finally ran out 4-0 winners. One of the City goals – scored by Jaden Heskey (son of Emile) – wouldn’t have been out of place if scored by the first team. There’s a brief shot of Ben Wilkinson at the end of this short video of that goal.

https://x.com/EmiratesFACup/status/1789015566545539547

The referee was Dean Whitestone, who refereed our FA Cup 2nd Rd match at Rochdale in 2019.

The attendance was reported as 20,000, with Leeds United selling out their 6,500 ticket allocation. It was, though, a long way off the record attendance for an FA Youth Cup Final. I was at the 2022 FA Youth Cup Final between Manchester United and Nottingham Forest at Old Trafford which attracted a record attendance of 67,492!!

And, finally, on the subject of those FA Cup matches v. Rochdale, the Rochdale manager at that time - Brian Barry-Murphy - is now the head coach/manager of the Manchester City Under23s.
The B-Ark / Re: NL Squad
« Last post by Pete Brooksbank on May 15, 2024, 10:41:42 AM »
Yes, as delighted as we all are by promotion the squad as is will not compete and needs some serious upgrades.

Not surprised by any of the departures, but a bit surprised by a couple we've made offers to...
« Last post by Lee Newell on May 15, 2024, 10:01:37 AM »
Not taking anything away from the brilliant play off performances but we did struggle in a lot of games this season in the league. It’s a huge step up so even if we kept all those players offered contracts I think we would need five or six top quality signings to be competitive in the National League.

Yes it's a big step up. Going to need 5 or 6 players that are good National League starting 11 players to come in.
« Last post by wismo on May 15, 2024, 09:58:03 AM »
Not taking anything away from the brilliant play off performances but we did struggle in a lot of games this season in the league. It’s a huge step up so even if we kept all those players offered contracts I think we would need five or six top quality signings to be competitive in the National League.
« Last post by Nundy Junior on May 15, 2024, 09:52:03 AM »
No real surprises. Sounds like ward has the option to take us up on a new deal
« Last post by Lee Newell on May 15, 2024, 09:45:14 AM »
And the retained list is out https://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/squad-update--retained-list-2851152.html

Only 4 players released none of which are a suprise as none started matches towards the end of the season. 3 definitely staying - Hazel, Ward & Bostwick. Great Bostwick is staying, lots of experience and been brilliant. Gregory the big one for me - would love him to stay. Gregory, Rowe and Knowles the 3 a bigger club may have been after. Knowles and Rowe under 24 so another club would have to pay a fee for them which would make them harder for another club to take, Gregory just over 24 so could go on a free. I should think most that get offered terms will stay so only 5 or 6 new players to find.

UNDER CONTRACT
Jacob Hazel

NEW CONTRACT TRIGGERED
Michael Bostwick

CONTRACT OPTION ACTIVATED
Keaton Ward

U24 PLAYERS OFFERED TERMS OF RE-ENGAGEMENT
Dylan Hill
Jimmy Knowles
Tom Leak
Jai Rowe

OFFERS MADE
Cameron Gregory
Jake Lovelace
Zak Mills
Kelsey Mooney
Brad Nicholson
Jordan Richards
Martin Woods

RELEASED
Michael Gyasi
Keziah Martin
Ethan Sephton
Sam Smart

LOAN PLAYERS RETURNING TO PARENT CLUB
Deji Sotona
« Last post by Pete Brooksbank on May 14, 2024, 06:50:06 PM »
Yeah that was an obvious departure. He did improve after his spell with Tamworth I thought, but I still wouldn't have retained him.
The B-Ark / NL Squad
« Last post by Nundy Junior on May 14, 2024, 05:06:03 PM »
It begins, first one to announce they'll be leaving...... Gyasi. Expected but thanks for the memories! Must mean the retained list can't be too far away now!?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10