Author Topic: Match Ratings V Hinckley  (Read 7418 times)

BosLeake

• View Profile
Match Ratings V Hinckley
« on: August 25, 2012, 05:56:02 PM »
In fairness to Hinckley they did a job on us but many other teams will come to YS like this, Just hope this is a good lesson, Felt our wide players pushed in too much and we lacked pattern/movement today going forward.

Haystead 6.   Cannot Really Moan with the goals poor kicking at times.
Marshall  7.   Ok but needs to put himself in better positions for the keepers throw outs.
Miller  6.  Question mark over him could have got tighter on the first goal.  
Stainfield  MOM  8.   Good Honest Player MOM I agree.
Jelleyman  6.  Ok wish he got forward more!.
Wilson  5.   HHHHHMMMM Does the Ugly Stuff but poor passing sorry to say.
Ross  6.  Looks nice on the ball but not effective today might been Carrying an injury.
Fairclough  7.  Tried Hard.
Smith  6.   Kept going but the Young lad let the cross go in for the First goal.
Jones  7.   Tried hard not his day.
Newsham  6 Looked Tried for me plays too deep at times not inbetween the sticks enough.  

SWD 8 Looked the best striker but others looked tired but so early in the season. :-\
Milnes 8 Clever Player good passer Ross will be under pressure from this lad.
Silk 7 Ok will be in the starting line up I feel.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:07:49 PM by BosLeake »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Match Ratings V Hinckley
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 06:42:54 PM »

Funny old game, I thought he was one of the players that performed today.

Not a lot different from Tuesday, just didn't get the first goal and Hinckley weren't the mugs Histon were.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 06:54:50 PM »
Struggled to get going today. Hopefullly it was 'just one of those days' not the norm this season. The positive aspect of 442 was on show with both wingers a threat and two front men to aim for along wih the negative of lacking options in middle of the park at times, would like to see Milnes, Ross and Willson together in middle at some point. SWD did well when he came on and Newsham and Jones also did ok, maybe all three could start Monday?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 07:13:27 PM »
How about this line-up then Carl
                                           Haystead
 Marshall (or Silk)  Miller   Stainfield   Jellyman
     Milnes      Wilson     Ross
     SWD        Jones       Newsham.

Also one of the above designated to line up a wall for a free-kick !!!!

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 07:18:28 PM »
In fairness to Hinckley they did a job on us but many other teams will come to YS like this, Just hope this is a good lesson, Felt our wide players pushed in too much and we lacked pattern/movement today going forward.

Yes they did defend well. We seemed to lack a Plan B (and a Plan A!) to get through them. Smith was outmuscled by their giants (compared to him) in defense and was a shadow of his Tuesday night self. I wasn't expecting a repeat of midweek but this was definitely "after the Lord Mayor's show".

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 07:29:55 PM »
Thought we played ok first half, probably better than the first half V Histon and were unlucky to go in 1-0 down. Second half was abysmal though, way too many long hopeful punts to Jones.

Hinckley where ok nothing more and we really should be beating sides like that if we want to challenge near the top, they thoroughly deserved their win though as we ran out of ideas towards the end.

Don't like the 4-4-2 formation we are playing despite the couple of early wins as there is a tendency to hit it long. Bring back 4-3-3 for Stortford and get the ball on the floor!

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 07:46:34 PM »

Funny old game, I thought he was one of the players that performed today.

Not a lot different from Tuesday, just didn't get the first goal and Hinckley weren't the mugs Histon were.

Felt we was too slow moving the ball forward also not enough bodies in their box, we was very predictable and Jones just had nothing to work with at times.

Yes will agree with you LCB they was more streetwise than Histon but still feel we was poor going forward today.

Early days still and cannot agree with fans that were on bbc lincs stating "same old" (ie last season) , as our squad has far more depth now when you look at the bench.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:51:26 PM by BosLeake »

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 07:47:58 PM »
second half i expected more.but down the left side there was nothing creative .I.M.O. jellyman is not fit .and was not the MR. reliable we all no. and needed to much help from stainfield ;; i still enjoyed the game just one of  them day's ;;but no more please (why silk for marshall ? )

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 08:44:21 PM »
hardly any wing play at all today, and that was our downfall. having got it wide in the opening two games and getting in behind defences this game just turned out to be the same old story from last season...when in doubt hoof it long to the big man up front . that tactic never works for me, very boring and negative. for goodness sake lets get back to 4-3-3 and wing play monday :)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »
GHM this was my preferred line up before the season started and not only is this our best formation it is also IMO our best eleven players. The only drawback to this is that it doesn't offer us as much width but SWD can go past players and create openings and Milnes and Ross can put quality balls into the box. Willson would then be able to protect the defence ensuring SOS aren't left defensively allowing Milnes and Ross to attack at will.
How about this line-up then Carl
                                           Haystead
 Marshall (or Silk)  Miller   Stainfield   Jellyman
     Milnes      Wilson     Ross
     SWD        Jones       Newsham.

Also one of the above designated to line up a wall for a free-kick !!!!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 06:09:02 AM »
can't get my head round silk for marshall.it was plain to see as the game went on smith struggled , why not smith for stoke's  :'(

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »
can't get my head round silk for marshall.it was plain to see as the game went on smith struggled , why not smith for stoke's  :'(

Sure Stokes is right footed, never a fan of putting a right winger on the left most times they spend all match cutting in , they have got to be some player to play on the wrong side as a winger.

Just out of curiosity is Joe French a right or Left winger? , never seen him play.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:53:03 AM by BosLeake »

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 10:57:40 AM »
Smith played a lot of the second half on the right wing, so it would have seemed feasable to swop him for Stokes, who might have had a better chance against their tal left back, but, hey ho, let's get the bad games out of the way early.

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 11:02:53 AM »
Yes could not see the point of him playing on the wrong side Smith that is, but as stated maybe to see if he had more joy against the other fullback.

Good Point Ernie100
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 11:23:58 AM by BosLeake »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 11:45:13 AM »
can't get my head round silk for marshall.it was plain to see as the game went on smith struggled , why not smith for stoke's  :'(

Sure Stokes is right footed, never a fan of putting a right winger on the left most times they spend all match cutting in , they have got to be some player to play on the wrong side as a winger.

Just out of curiosity is Joe French a right or Left winger? , never seen him play.
I think Marshall took a knock.

Stokes is pretty much 2-footed - I've seen him cross a ball equally well with either foot.

French is a right-winger, but nowadays wingers should be OK playing on the other flank (as long as they have a full back overlapping). He said on his twitter that he is putting work in to improve his left foot.