Author Topic: Couple of Things  (Read 2796 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Couple of Things
« on: July 21, 2016, 02:08:14 PM »
Nat Brown - looks like he is struggling to overcome his injury. Even if he is fit for the Gateshead friendly, it's not much of a pre-season. Bit of a concern that we are pinning our hopes on a 35 year old that may not be all that fit - and he's Captain too ?

Also, Lavelle-Moore, I've seen him a few times last season and in this pre-season but can't work out what he is. Out and out striker ? Target man ? Midfield ? Don't mean to be too critical but not sure what his best position is or even if he is any good. I honestly thought he was just brought in towards the end of last season to add a bit of depth to the run-in.

TEP

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of Things
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 03:13:03 PM »
Well shd be a defensive coach in place imho ..plus 2 substantive central defenders ,etc
 Someone like Brown would fit this bill .pref someone with the badges ,Who Could Play !when fit ..
   As for L Moore..try him further back  maybe as manmarker ..def midfirld ..With proper coaching of course !  :D

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 07:55:35 PM »
Brown is crucial for the team this season as he will be our only real target from set plays and will also crucially allow Pepe Ngoma to move into a center midfield role where he will become our best all round player in sure.
As for levelle moore he just isn't good enough always looks lost in games and doesn't offer anything.

We still need a vital player that being a strong goalscoring forward who at this level is hard to come by unless Fairhurst or Colley somehow show us a lot more.

Where will the goals come from this year??? 
Prove me wrong lads!!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 09:01:46 PM »
Well shd be a defensive coach in place imho ..plus 2 substantive central defenders ,etc
 Someone like Brown would fit this bill .pref someone with the badges ,Who Could Play !when fit ..
   As for L Moore..try him further back  maybe as manmarker ..def midfirld ..With proper coaching of course !  :D

We,ve got a goalie coach Ted , don,t know if he has any  badge,s !!!.  now you want a defensive coach .  What next a forward and mid-field coach ?.   Would need a bigger dug-out to accommodate then .  A bit like the NHS we would be overloaded with bosses  :)

Agree with Shrimp Pilgrim about Ngoma  ,  will be a real power house in mid-field .
If he maintains his form it will make releasing Garner a masterstroke .

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 05:12:15 PM »
you left out the Sleafordian Coach as well, ha ha!!