Author Topic: well done Jimmy Knowles ... Leagues 3rd highest scorer  (Read 2403 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: well done Jimmy Knowles ... Leagues 3rd highest scorer
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2024, 09:41:05 AM »
Mick Lyon did OK there.......

If its a role at a University then he'd be a fool to turn it down, chance of a lifetime opportunity.

I spoke with a couple of his family members at Alfreton and they said they were aware of interest from Doncaster Rovers and another EFL club who I forget now.

Players come and go, the club is the one constant 

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2024, 09:48:48 AM »
He'll be gone, it's worth a crack as opportunities like that don't come around very often. I did hear on the grape vine that him and ward are best friends and Ward is his taxi as Jimmy doesn't drive. Keep Ward and we may get Knowles.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2024, 10:42:02 PM »
For all the euphoria we have to remember we finished 6th in a desperately poor league and as much as we may love this group, some of them are not good enough for the step up. Harsh, but reality.

Spot on

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2024, 09:42:27 AM »
For all the euphoria we have to remember we finished 6th in a desperately poor league and as much as we may love this group, some of them are not good enough for the step up. Harsh, but reality.

Spot on

Too right.

Before the play offs came into being we'd have been classed as upper mid table with a 6th place finish.

For all the pelters I know I'll get from the usual suspects this really is the time for the board and commercial dept to stand up and be counted and find extra revenue streams. Surely another member of the commercial team is an absolute must, Craig can't do all this on his own, the stock of the club hasn't been this high in years, they need to capitalize on it and open up more relationships with the business community.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2024, 10:32:59 PM »

Spot on

Agree with this massively.

I'm not convinced any of our forward players will be regulars in the L2 next season, I'm really not. I could maybe see some higher ranked NL sides wanting Knowles but he's never played regularly at that level and bar the March purple patch he wasn't overly prolific. Be shocked if a L2 side takes him, if it's a NL side offering more cash I suppose we can't blame him.

Rowe is the only one I can see being a L2 regular, possibly Cam too but again it's a step-up to a level he's never played at before. If we had Chapman back I wouldn't be massively worried it's just I know he's getting on and it's probably a short term fix. I suppose at our level every fix is short term as if you have a player perform consistently well for a period they move up a league or two.

Sephton, Wilson, Martin, Gyasi, Leak and Essien I'll be staggered if any of those are still at the club next season. Sephton maybe the most harshly done by but that's football.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2024, 08:50:51 AM »
I hope the rumours doing the rounds that Zac Mills is retiring are untrue.
Do not trust atoms, they make up everything.

Chargot Chariot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2024, 11:29:21 AM »
At the promotion parade, last week one of the scouts was overheard talking to a supporter that we have eight new players lined up to come in. How true this is I don’t know, however if there is any truth in that, then surely a few may have to be released. It will also be interesting to see what size of a squad the club go with, from next season we can name seven on the bench and use five of those named as subs. Interesting few weeks ahead.

Mr Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2024, 11:35:19 PM »
Cam said during the parade that he wants to stay. Hopefully we offer a decent contract.