Author Topic: Nuttell out, whos coming in?  (Read 7511 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: Nuttell out, whos coming in?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 02:20:55 AM »
Shame Jordan has left BUFC - but I am sure he will be back playing for us before the end of the Season thanks to this dual registration farce! A good lad and certainly far more in control of himself than some of his contemporaries! :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 06:30:21 AM »
My guess is this will be dual registration as with Jason Field
correct me if I am wrong FIELD left for the same reason as NUTTELL to play football.
FIELD did come back to cover for JELLYMAN then was releast at the end of the season.
I think both these players will do well with TOWN   I like players that don't mind dropping leages.
some will say that's there level    I say for now maybe it is     then some would say watch this space.
I think maybe NUTTELL sees playing for the  reserves while a player is fit is maybe not helping him.
     I say good luck to him and enjoy your football ,        i am sure every one at TOWN will welcome him.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 05:50:17 PM »
A good move for JN because he cant drive!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 06:37:31 AM »
correct me if I am wrong FIELD left for the same reason as NUTTELL to play football.

I think the Nuttell and Field cases are a bit different. From what I can remember Gareth Jelleyman got injured at Tadcaster Albion in the FA Cup and, despite Jason Field being a recognised left-back who was on the bench, Jason Lee at the time instead introduced Conor Marshall as Jelleyman's replacement. Field then felt he was so far down the pecking order at left back (even behind a right back) that he had to move on. I also believe he was a couple of years' older than Nuttell is now.

At any level of mens' football, how many 18-year-olds are regular first team players? In last night's England Under 21 match, it was mentioned in commentary that there were only around 30 English players aged under-21 who even played in the English top flight last season, and I think that cascades down through football. At only 18, I wonder if Nuttell has jumped ship a couple of years too early? There has to be an element of any young player biding their time and then taking the chance when it does come along. With the size of our squad as it is I do think his opportunity would have come along. If he feels he needs game time then fair enough, but wouldn't the loan market have been a better option?

Thinking back to Tadcaster, aren't we supposed to name seven substitutes for FA Cup matches? That could now be a problem with Nuttell and Mills gone. We enter the cup again on September 28th, so maybe there will be a couple of new faces before then?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:40:30 AM by leicester pilgrim »

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 07:54:45 AM »
Seven subs. I haven't heard that one before. if true, and without raping their youth teams I doubt if many clubs would be able to assemble 18 players for such fixtures. If you examine our bench it's a lot worse than that. Along with all of us, DG must surely swap words with him up there praying every Saturday afternoon at 2.55 for no injuries.
An eighteen year old keeper and C/F who we assume are no more costly than expenses, Reed and Fairclough are now the extent of our squad, a squad that is almost certainly the smallest not just at level two but for many supporting steps there under.
Seven subs?
We cant name five presently, which don't get me wrong at the moment is fine, but we are already at the stage when all of us will be  holding our breath every time a player goes down holding some part of his body or another and simultaneously whispering another prayer that he gets straight up again.
DG has suggested this week that Indy is not for him, so the question of who will come in continues to be a mystery, especially as our bench suggests we need at least two, and as soon as we get an injury, which surely will happen shortly, probably three!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 08:19:51 AM »
according to the team we have 5 strikers without NUTTELL maybe he as worked out the pecking order.
we cant send any player out on lone cus we need them.   with us holding his regestraiton dus that mean we can talk him back at some time. or is he still a boston player     I am confused    dot com.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
An eighteen year old keeper and C/F who we assume are no more costly than expenses, Reed and Fairclough are now the extent of our squad, a squad that is almost certainly the smallest not just at level two but for many supporting steps there under.

Reed, Fairclough and Galinski
United we stand..................

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 11:04:13 AM »

WITH only FAIRCLOUGH with any amount of play time and he's not getting enough to keep him fit and interested.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 12:29:13 PM »

That was a real senility is creep up on me moment. Three subs, of course, how could I forget Galinski, just hopes the gaffer doesn't do likewise!! ???

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 02:10:42 PM »
Seven subs permitted tn FA Cup ,  don,t know if there is a minimum number but Halifax named only 3 subs in a game last season .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 02:42:54 PM »
The minimum number of players in any team is 7... there is no requirement to fill a subs bench