Author Topic: Full time clubs in non league football.  (Read 15033 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Full time clubs in non league football.
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2017, 04:55:18 PM »
From the outset the Chestnuts have always said that they will develop an area with housing that includes a stadium and hand the club over to a 'supporters' trust'. Not sure the further detail was ever announced.

They never wanted to run a club as such, it is a building development for them, but to achieve that aim they have had to run a club in the meantime. Profit made from such a development plus any grants etc. will pay for the stadium.

The Chestnuts saved the club at the time, with an eye for a profit down the line. Let's hope its a 'win, win' situation.

The supporters trust was mentioned earlier in this thread by oxo who expressed a desire for Chestnuts to remain involved in the club .    Don,t think it will happen but I would prefer to see Chestnuts retain  FULL ownership of the club .  Too many supporters trust have been failures
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:57:39 PM by green hats mate »

youngchubby69

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 05:57:27 AM »
Yes GHM I do see what you mean,many trusts have failed.
I would like to see the new stadium ownership put into some sort of trust,or fan ownership to safeguard the ground against any new owner coming into just asset strip.
I don't know if this would be possible at all.
I think Trinity's ground belongs to the fans/blues club,and they refused to sell it Peter Swan when he was chairman.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »
I would like to see the new stadium ownership put into some sort of trust,or fan ownership to safeguard the ground against any new owner coming into just asset strip.
I don't know if this would be possible at all.
I think Trinity's ground belongs to the fans/blues club,and they refused to sell it Peter Swan when he was chairman.

It is being done so.

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/football/boston-united/trust-in-the-future-boston-united-begin-plans-to-safeguard-pilgrims-1-6179461

youngchubby69

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 01:11:50 PM »
Well-done for finding that article,answers alot of questions.