Author Topic: Tuesday  (Read 16169 times)

hossancart

• View Profile
Re: Tuesday
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2014, 02:01:23 PM »
reading through the posts on here a few of you had man united down for a thrashing, anything to say now, well done the reds :bunny

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2014, 02:23:37 PM »
over to you Ken!   :-*
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2014, 03:32:33 PM »
BG - I guess that depends on your definition of parking the bus. At least we didn't play with three strikers on the pitch - so no Kevin Keegan tactics.

Nowadays it's not all about getting the ball up to the forwards - it's just as much about moving forward as a unit  - a bit like rugby teams do when passing it across the line. You were right though about me not being a coach but I will have the three year course and badges completed by June so you never know where I might turn up :)

DL

We seem to be disagreeing with each other a lot DL, apologies mate, 4-4-2 last night. Your valid point though contradicts the tactics we employ. We simply dont move forward as a unit at all.Too often Miller and since Xmas Newsham have been totally isolated from the 'unit' you rightly suggest should be the case. That's the problem, we smash the ball up front without the 'unit' moving with it, and it comes straight back. That said there has been on the floor passing and moving and as 'unit' these past two games then I can remember. The only two things I would change, especially with their speed, is allow at least one of the FB to press forward and that the attacking midfield players to get closer and or to support the front 'two' and that in my eyes should be the tactic we use, old fashioned as it may now be for the rest of the season, as in the last 180 minutes it worked, and I promise you it worked last night that we could have easily won the game

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2014, 03:42:34 PM »
reading through the posts on here a few of you had man united down for a thrashing, anything to say now, well done the reds :bunny

In my defence I'm just not very good at predicting football results, especially teams I don't follow. My entire knowledge of Man Utd is that they've got Rooney and Giggs playing for them and the manager was Alex Ferguson but he's retired and David Moyes is now in charge but doesn't seem to be doing as well. And as for Bayern Munich even less. I seem to recall they are the defending champions, but that's about it.  :D

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2014, 04:12:49 PM »
based on your "tonking" comment Ken I bet a significant sum of BM to win by a large margin.

Has your computer gone on the blink?   :dan
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2014, 04:47:39 PM »
based on your "tonking" comment Ken I bet a significant sum of BM to win by a large margin.

Has your computer gone on the blink?   :dan

My Computer only does predictions of league games I'm afraid. I never got round to extending its prediction capability to cup games.  ;D

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2014, 04:57:56 PM »
So you will underwrite my lost bet then.

Me and the missus will be on bread and gruel otherwise.

Thanks  :-*

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2014, 06:53:34 PM »
If you'd told me at the start of the season we'd take 4 points out of the 6 off Alty I'd have taken your hand off.

But the way its going that might have been 2 dropped points when things are added up at the end of the season.

I've a nasty feeling that defeat at Workington will come back to haunt us big style.

Hope not, if we can go on an unbeaten run like Guiseley have until the season's end we'll be fine, heart says we will but head says we'll be relying on getting a result at Worcester and other teams losing to make the top 5.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2014, 07:58:55 PM »
All in all, I don't think it's fair to pinpoint individual games to decide the season - if we're better than 17 other clubs, we will compete in the Play Offs. If we're not, we won't. 42 games decide what happens.

We could say the loss at Workington could cost us - but equally the poor win against Oxford City could be the difference between 5th and 6th place!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2014, 10:32:37 PM »
Me and the missus will be on bread and gruel otherwise.

A bit of bread and gruel will be good for you considering the latest news on the Boston health crisis;)