Author Topic: The Defence  (Read 5264 times)

townender3385

• View Profile
The Defence
« on: December 02, 2012, 11:12:24 AM »
Like we all know and Jason said, our defence is all over the place.
For me you have to feel sorry for Wardy and Staino, they give their all, but the kids are way out of their depth. Staino's heading and Wardy's pace gets them out of trouble. But they've never been BSBN standard and will continue to ship goal after goal after goal.

What bemuses me though is that Lee moans that we need to defend better, but what does he do about it.. Sweet FA. We have Craven who hasn't played a minute? And on paper he's a much better player than these kids and watching him warm up he looks like a better equiped defender... But he'll never get a game

Another mystery of Jason Lee

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: The Defence
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 11:18:27 AM »
The defence looks so poor because we've fcuk all of a midfield, hence constant pressure on the back 4.

Is it Jason Lee or Ken Dodd in the dug out......?  Its just we've a team of Diddy Men in a league of giants.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 11:25:20 AM »
Good point, when we are asked to defend, we basically have 10 men because Ross is utterly s*** and a passenger 

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »
To be fair to our defence, they do a good job for what they get paid, i wouldnt expect any more from them. stainfeild and ward go behond the wages they get and are true players who really do play for the shirt not the money.
Some people have to remember that there are players 2 levels below getting more and players at this level getting 3 to 4 times more.

Sorry state of affairs at the club but credit goes to them players for been happy to accept it

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »
Agree with Bostonshire to some extent but I don't know what the players get paid and to be honest I don't want to know, it's none of my business like what I earn is none of their business. I think the back four do a reasonable job and I won't criticise them but they do seem overworked at times and thats because we need a big bruising centre half, but unfortunately I don't know one. I don't think that we won any of our corner kicks yesterday. Heres a suggestion to relieve pressure on our backs, put Jones and Newsham together up front so Newy can run onto any forward flicks, Fairclough and SWD on the wings for their pace and crosses. If we can keep the ball at the other end for longer our defence will have time to get their breath back.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 07:02:38 PM »
when was CRAVEN brought in, why have we never seen him,  (( was he not the answer to our back line defence ))  :dan

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 05:48:32 AM »
Most successful managers are former defenders not attackers .......  :bunny

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 12:13:14 PM »
Good point d c  ,   Difficult to think of a ex- forwards whos gone on to a lengthy managerial career .   

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 12:21:42 PM »
Good point d c  ,   Difficult to think of a ex- forwards whos gone on to a lengthy managerial career .   

Never heard of Brian Clough then?  ;D

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 01:11:01 PM »
Fergy was a forward!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 02:57:16 PM »
Thats two decent ones  then .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 03:43:28 PM »
Thats two decent ones  then .

Not only decent but  successful aswell.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »
Kenny Dalglish
Bobby Robson
Mark Hughes
Keith Alexander

DL

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »
Two decent ones out of four there DL

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 10:42:34 PM »

Craven has now disappeared from the squad list on the official site. I know he was dual-registered / triple-registered with Hednesford Town and Rainworth Miners Welfare, but have I missed the story about his confirmed departure?

With Hyde taking over for Saturday you'd have thought Craven might have stuck around - to see if he was any closer to the first team reckoning under a new boss.