Author Topic: Time to act?  (Read 23951 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Time to act?
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2017, 03:12:30 PM »
Spot on Shrimper. I remember sitting in the main stand last season when Andy Butler stood up and gave Greene hell - asking what part of the team had improved from the previous season. Greene looked up and didn't really know what to say. He knew the team was weaker than previously. Because of the way he conducts himself I think AM has been spared this treatment. But it's wearing thin now. No more away games for me. I'm fed up with how dull we are. I'm realistic, I know we'll lose games, but yesterday was just awful.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2017, 05:09:26 PM »
I've always said the guy is a joker he has wasted valuable resources, came out with interviews claiming players will be world beaters upon signing them.
Said we will be challenging time and time again.
Changed almost everything at the club even the dugouts.
Served up the most turgid brand of football with no direction or pattern of play.
He wanted his team and he's got it.
Loads of mates draining the life out the club.
Crowds are dwindling not surprising at what they have to watch each week.
His excuses are running out it's just not good enough and frankly never has been since he has been in charge.
Local people work hard in this area on low wages and look forward to cheering the lads on when we are at home the club is important to the local community so it's a must that the team entertain and we are dull at best.
Results in the cup have only gained Murray time the reality is they are way below the level we should be at come on wake up and let's compete in this league before it will be too late.
Change is needed now.

Exactly the opposite to what the " knob head army " or whatever they are called predicted when the last manager left ,   better football , bigger gates and higher league placings was what they predicted ,  all gone quiet on that front ,  Not heard of them offering an explanation as to why it all went pear shape .

At the moment I am just feeling sorrow for Chestnuts ,  a vast amount of time and money invested and what have they got in return ?
For employing a successful manager a small section of supporters despised was rewarded with foul mouthed abusive chants from this small section to the manager on match days ,  plus one or two individual solo acts . 

And some have the audacity to clam they respect the contribution made to the club by Chestnuts .

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2017, 06:28:10 PM »
Jan Yeomens, along with Jay Rollins were the two best players I watched all last season.
I can't say anything about this season, as I've not seen one single game and i'm not likely either.
I have no idea if it's the manager, the coaching or poor players.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

youngchubby69

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2017, 08:35:23 PM »
I think we will not have to discuss Adams future on here much longer, this Saturday's exit from the FA CUP will take care of that.
It's over Adam, get your coat and project yourself out of here.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2017, 08:58:10 PM »
I think we will not have to discuss Adams future on here much longer, this Saturday's exit from the FA CUP will take care of that.

Couldnt agree more....Boston are so boring to watch and i take my lads every time they play, maybe not now, i went to watch my my lad play in his under 7 match today and it was so entertaining, not.defensive, cautious, and poor, up bufc and the bears!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:00:03 PM by jelangley »

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2017, 09:10:46 PM »
I've always said the guy is a joker he has wasted valuable resources, came out with interviews claiming players will be world beaters upon signing them.
Said we will be challenging time and time again.
Changed almost everything at the club even the dugouts.
Served up the most turgid brand of football with no direction or pattern of play.
He wanted his team and he's got it.
Loads of mates draining the life out the club.
Crowds are dwindling not surprising at what they have to watch each week.
His excuses are running out it's just not good enough and frankly never has been since he has been in charge.
Local people work hard in this area on low wages and look forward to cheering the lads on when we are at home the club is important to the local community so it's a must that the team entertain and we are dull at best.
Results in the cup have only gained Murray time the reality is they are way below the level we should be at come on wake up and let's compete in this league before it will be too late.
Change is needed now.

Exactly the opposite to what the " knob head army " or whatever they are called predicted when the last manager left ,   better football , bigger gates and higher league placings was what they predicted ,  all gone quiet on that front ,  Not heard of them offering an explanation as to why it all went pear shape .

At the moment I am just feeling sorrow for Chestnuts ,  a vast amount of time and money invested and what have they got in return ?
For employing a successful manager a small section of supporters despised was rewarded with foul mouthed abusive chants from this small section to the manager on match days ,  plus one or two individual solo acts . 

And some have the audacity to clam they respect the contribution made to the club by Chestnuts .

I have the answer to all your prayers ....... Greene in, Knobhead Army out !  :P  :laugh: :laugh:

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2017, 09:38:14 PM »
it doesn't happen often, but I agree with every word, YC. Let's hope that the Chestnuts find their nuts and see what a mess the team's in, and act. When AM said on the Standard website that there will be casualties, then let's hope he realises the 3 stooges sat on the bench at the end of yesterday's game are the first 3 casualties. For those who weren't at Telford they were AM and his 2 unused subs CH and the best bench warmer in our league, AC. 3 of the more expensive wages for the Chestnuts to carry, I'm sure. The money that covers their combined wages could be much better spent.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2017, 10:05:54 PM »
http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/mansfield-town/mansfield-town-give-anthony-dwyer-his-first-pro-contract-1-7297059

Ironically Adam Murray has previously managed Anthony Dwyer and knew about his goalscoring ability. It's disappointing therefore that we allowed him so much space to score the long range winner against us.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2017, 10:57:48 PM »
http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/mansfield-town/mansfield-town-give-anthony-dwyer-his-first-pro-contract-1-7297059

Ironically Adam Murray has previously managed Anthony Dwyer and knew about his goalscoring ability. It's disappointing therefore that we allowed him so much space to score the long range winner against us.
football's full of irony like that. Knowing what a player is capable of has two effects. Against you, they play like heroes, earning their wages. for you, they do little or nothing, simply taking their wages.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »

Everybody knows what a fantastic player Lionel Messi is - but it's still difficult to stop him!!

youngchubby69

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2017, 01:16:06 PM »
Well Monday is here, and still it looks like Adam has kept his Job, what the hell is the board playing at, they have either not got enough money to pay him off, or deluded.
For God sake Adam just go, we have all had enough of your project of doom.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2017, 01:47:41 PM »
I think you'll find that if Adam Murray leaves it'll be by his own hand, not that of the board. At the AGM the other week the few of us present were left in no doubt by DN that he's prepared to give his manager a lot more time to turn things around. Possibly even to the extent that a bigger budget may be forthcoming.

Personally I think if we lose on Saturday and follow it up with the anticipated poor results in the next few games he'll walk. He's beginning to sound like a beaten man in his interviews and it might be in his best interests to step down and maybe start again lower down the ladder.

But those calls for Greene to return are wasted. It won't happen, trust me. In fact I'd go as far as to say there's more chance of S&H coming back than him so forget it.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2017, 01:55:31 PM »
Well Monday is here, and still it looks like Adam has kept his Job, what the hell is the board playing at, they have either not got enough money to pay him off, or deluded.
For God sake Adam just go, we have all had enough of your project of doom.

I have said my piece on here but I am fed up people like you trying to dictate to the board,it is clear what your feelings are and I respect that, if you want to know " What the hell is the board playing at?" Why don't you ask them instead of asking people on here who know just as much, or little as you. Same with the manager he will answer your questions face to face. I totally agree something has got to be done and have said so but I will approach the board and the manager with my concerns.   UTP 

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2017, 02:01:21 PM »
I think you'll find that if Adam Murray leaves it'll be by his own hand, not that of the board. At the AGM the other week the few of us present were left in no doubt by DN that he's prepared to give his manager a lot more time to turn things around. Possibly even to the extent that a bigger budget may be forthcoming.

Personally I think if we lose on Saturday and follow it up with the anticipated poor results in the next few games he'll walk. He's beginning to sound like a beaten man in his interviews and it might be in his best interests to step down and maybe start again lower down the ladder.

But those calls for Greene to return are wasted. It won't happen, trust me. In fact I'd go as far as to say there's more chance of S&H coming back than him so forget it.

Very interesting Andy and I agree with all you say here. Tell me will the minutes of the AGM be made public and is it worth me requesting a copy, or even publish them on here?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2017, 02:15:53 PM »
Mel, the minutes will be available as always at next year's AGM.
It's not for me to divulge what's said, after all it's not a fans forum, all I'm saying is the impression I got from DN when questioned about the management. At the end of the day he doesn't have to go into the detail he does, it's after all a meeting regarding the financial situation at the club and the future plans.