Author Topic: fylde away  (Read 8113 times)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
fylde away
« on: March 05, 2016, 05:00:28 PM »
That didn't go very well!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: fylde away
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 05:08:09 PM »
Hope Dale's injury is not too serious, a disastrous afternoon if it is, bad enough losing 5 - 2 to a play-off rival

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 06:08:45 PM »
Injury not serious apparently, could be back for the next game  8)
Lost the battle for midfield, according to DG

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 07:10:23 PM »
It's goals against, technically speaking , and has been for seasons . .

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 07:44:03 PM »
Don't worry, we'll easily reach the play offs  ::) 1 win in the last 5 games isn't conducive of a play off team. Wonder what the club apologists will offer in defence of this result.

So where are we going wrong ? The goal difference alone paints a poor picture. There's far too many goals being shipped. A weak midfield also isn't helping and the injury to Southwell has hurt us with our out-scoring philosophy. We all knew where improvements were needed to push on from the previous season yet it appears these haven't been appropriately addressed. All the teams above us have at least 1 game in hand. We really do need to start consistently winning, something that's been missing throughout the season.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 07:54:18 PM »
Huge loss today, and disappointing but it was always going to be tough. We still have very winnable games this month so i still feel we shall be in the mix come the end.
But what i feel must be mentioned today, is in the week where BUFC get bad publicity nationally for alleged racial abuse caused by a so called fan, we then get news of one or two Boston fans kicking off today, and all down to getting hammered on booze.  What is it of late with the mentality of some ? We are not Millwall for goodness sake, by all means go and enjoy yourselves, nobody is saying not to,  but do not disgrace the recent good name of this club by such stupid actions ! 

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 08:04:08 PM »
Lbitdr
Voice of reason again.
Captain Clean re "apologists"?
What exactly do you mean?
Simply not jumping on the back of players and management after a bad result or even a string of them doesn't make someone an "apologist".
I would love us to win every game but we won't.
Deal with it ....in some more constructive way.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 08:32:52 PM »
We need four new signings .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 08:56:59 PM »
Four additions or four instead of's?
Not disagreeing with :)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 08:58:27 PM »
Six hours driving to watch that shambles. I can't at the moment see where the improvement can come from to keep us in with a chance of making the play offs and if by some miracle we do make them on this showing we have no chance of winning them. There are one or two in the squad who will never be good enough so it may be as well just to see out the season and not get any ideas about promotion until we are in the new stadium when the crippling rent will be finished. All belief went out of the window when Dayle went off injured after scoring a great goal, he was giving them real problems.  UTP

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 09:18:36 PM »

If TEP was manager, we would have gone through 100+ players this season, one bad game and your out ! Lol.  Knee jerk reactions or team building,  what works best long term ?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 09:26:50 PM »
Left back .... It's called tongue in cheek. Because DG usually get a few new uns in after a couple of defeats.

Just in respect of your suggestion though, I'm almost there with my first coaching badges so do  watch this space.

TEP

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 10:00:30 PM »
Left back .... It's called tongue in cheek. Because DG usually get a few new uns in after a couple of defeats.

Just in respect of your suggestion though, I'm almost there with my first coaching badges so do  watch this space.

TEP

My reply was merely sarcasm too. To be honest, i don't think we need other players in, we need these to perform to how we know that they can. I am also a 4-4-2 fan and with the pace of Kaine down one side, Jay down the other we will always cause issues and with our best front pairing up top in my eyes ( Dayle and Jonah ) we will get goals.  Like i say, its about big performances from now on.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 10:21:12 PM »
My main concern was the lack of chances created. Once Southwell had left the scene we rarely troubled their keeper with very few players in the opposing penalty area, unlīke Fylde who had players to spare. Rollins looked lively early on but was not the same player in the second half. It's the lack of ideas in the final third that worried me.
The team did their best but on the day they were taught a lesson in finishing.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 11:07:10 PM »

...but only if they're better than what we already have.
We already have two players "better than what we have" who are now out on loan so, in theory, we only need two new signings :dan