Author Topic: No Sleath No Ross  (Read 11295 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: No Sleath No Ross
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 10:40:21 AM »
Paul, I get the feeling he'll be changing things.......

A month ago I'd have been happy to see them given next season on the back of the  visible improvement in form and results, but the last few weeks have been back to the dog days of August-September.......we're finishing with a whimper and the side looks to be lacking motivation.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 10:43:09 AM »
First time I've ever left before final whistle, usually stay and applaud the team off but quite frankly it was woeful yesterday, we really should be  turning teams like Harrogate over, they were awful, afraid it shows how poor a team we are. Changes for next season a must, unlike you Andy I think the chairman will persist with the management team for the time being, but if were not challenging pretty early on for play offs they'll be gone.
 Still  be there supporting the team though no matter what, onwards to Halifax on monday, should be a cracking atmosphere.

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 10:46:03 AM »
True Andy, I reckon there will be a new manager in place for next season. The answer is simple. Time for Change !

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 11:02:53 AM »
I saw you leave early Steve, to say I was surprised was putting it mildly!

I don't think he dare take the gamble Steve, season ticket sales will be negligible if he leaves these two in charge again and they CANT afford to start next season with 8-900 gates.

But if he's going to get rid he needs to do it now to get a new man in and allow him the time to bring in the players we need before they are all snapped up like last season.

I seriously didn't expect us to fold like this, I thought after the Alty home game we'd take it to at least the Gainsborough game next week, possibly even Hyde. 

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 12:12:02 PM »
As like-able as the managers are, i'm afraid all managers are judge on results, and i'm afraid this season has been a farce.

The managers seem to accept mediocre performances, they're content with 80% effort. Everything stems from the management if they accept mediocre performances, well that's what you get a mediocre team, a mediocre season.

The difference between Scott & Hurst and Lee & Cannoville is easy to see. Not even after the 6-1 demolition at altrincham were the managers angry - which is an insult to all the fans that pay to watch their team
After a number of truly shocking performances - some of the worst i've ever seen in 11 years of supporting the pilgrims- Scott & Hurst would be threatening to release players (motivation) a word L&C would appear not to understand.

If it was a case of personnel then i think  i would give them another chance but it isn't we have some of the best players in the league - Sleath, Ross, Jellyman, Milnes, SWD, Semple, Newsham

Its about the managers having no passion, no motivation and once the players know they can get away with 80% effort and mediocre performances then there's nothing that can be done but get new managers in or we'll have another awful season

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 12:49:49 PM »
You know I don't buy all this 'passion' business, if you get things right in the build up to a game if the players are of a sufficient ability you shouldn't have to throw yourself about like an epileptic trifle on speed like Evans used to. Rob Scott was animated but no more so than the majority who roll up with visiting teams and looking at the bigger picture the only managers who make an arse of themselves on the touchline are the ones who frequently come up short when the pressure is on like Warnock. Yeah you see a lot of them get excited but the majority just sit there and allow the players to do the job. Just looking back to Steve Welch's stint in charge, he didn't get too excited but he told the lads how he wanted them to set up and did the spadework in the week on the training pitch.......the fact they were as poor a squad as we've had wasn't his fault, he just about extracted as much as he could out of them, something Tommy Taylor had been patently unable to do.

These two were on the back foot from the off with the paucity of the summer signings, to their credit they did try and turn things around, but these last few games have shown that motivation is not a strong point and sadly its going to be their undoing.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 12:57:38 PM »
I think we should sack them tuesday, put welsh in charge, if he does well give him the job, i've been managed by him and he's will not settle for anything less than 110% he would do a great job imo

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 01:00:56 PM »
David Newtons face said it all at the final whistle. He was far from happy with the performance and I expect he is pondering on what to do before next season. Lee and Canoville have done their best BUT we are Boston united and expect much better. We desperately need a change of management, a fresh approach and a manager who has a good eye on non league players, motivation and 100% commitment. Not sure who fits the bill but surely someone who will mastermind Boston United FC to the play offs (at least) next season.

You think that was bad, should have been around to catch is personal comments about the game, JL and LC resigning is a very very long way away.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 03:47:25 PM »
David Newtons face said it all at the final whistle. He was far from happy with the performance and I expect he is pondering on what to do before next season. Lee and Canoville have done their best BUT we are Boston united and expect much better. We desperately need a change of management, a fresh approach and a manager who has a good eye on non league players, motivation and 100% commitment. Not sure who fits the bill but surely someone who will mastermind Boston United FC to the play offs (at least) next season.

You think that was bad, should have been around to catch is personal comments about the game, JL and LC resigning is a very very long way away.

The managers should not have the option to resign, they should be fired on tuesday, and a new man brought in to evaluate the present squad in the remaining games.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 05:16:52 PM »
And who is that going to be?

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 05:18:38 PM »
Well said creamboy

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 05:20:10 PM »
What would you do then Scott?

Whats your take on the collapse of the team over the last few weeks?

Do you think they deserve another chance?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2012, 05:27:01 PM »
I will go along with Ceamboy and N/F if they can name a better option as manager who would follow rookie managers having being deemed failures after a top halve table finish .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 05:30:16 PM »
What would you do then Scott?

Whats your take on the collapse of the team over the last few weeks?

Do you think they deserve another chance?
You've always said we wouldn't make the Play Offs, and that's now been proved correct. If this has ALWAYS been the case, how is it a collapse?

They should be given 3 years, as someone on here said. Who was that?

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »
Several of us have been saying the current managers are not up to it, and unfortunately we have been proved correct.

I like David Newton , after all we would not have a club if it wasn't for him, and I do not believe he is happy with this situation. He has no option but to look for new managers for next year, and the sooner the better.

Nobody had heard of Scott/Hurst before they were appointed. I am sure there are lots of unknown talent out there. He has to change it asap to allow the new manager ( just one please ) to assess the current squad although that will not take long and bring in an entirely new squad.

I have been a season ticket holder for many years and I can tell the club that if Jason and Lee are managers next year I will not get one, and I feel from talking to lots of fans on the Spayne Road side that I speak for many.

So come on David, you have given them a chance and it did not work Start again and the genuine fans will support you.