Author Topic: v Matlock  (Read 20932 times)

Adam

• View Profile
Re: v Matlock
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 10:11:54 PM »
Fair result imo. Played the ball in the air too much (as Adam said) as Davidson is on the pitch. Nothing against him but we need to play the ball along the floor more. Another thing, does anyone else think Chris Wood doesn't deserve a starting place?

Unless I wasn't paying much attention in pre-season when Cullingworth was awesome, he was playing right back... Wood did have a bit of a 'mare and might be worth resting him, putting Jackson at left back and shifting to the right.

Hope Canoville's injury isn't too serious.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 10:14:30 PM »
 Well Newshams ex Rotherham ..so maybe is favored for a starting place
    Also he looks like Prince Harry ..but doesnt  score half as often .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 10:16:43 PM »
I dont think it was fair in truth thank you matlock for the point, we were completly played around in the middle for 40 min of the second half,Far to many lump balls Davison well of the boil.

Newsham looked about our only threat so lets sub him. sleath the one player that is probely capable of a bit of magic when you need it, all in all it was a verry dissapointing game by manny of the players and choices of subs(althou cany was a forced change).

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
Poor performance.There's no doubt we have quality in midfield with Camm,Sleath and Church,but they can't do much if the ball is flying over their heads all the time.Wood certainly didn't play well and a re-think is required up front IMO.What has happened to the passing game we were playing in the first 3/4 games.

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 10:23:22 PM »
We didn't deserve to win tonight at all... there was only one team that looked like winning, and that was them... They were playing the ball in the final third with precision and pace, we didn't close down quick enough for one thing. They played through our midfield thought Sleath and Church had a bit of a nightmare, but i can see the potential. what the hell was going on with the right hand side!?!? i know Woody had a bit of a shocker but everytime he recieved the ball there was no bloody option we had Cotton playin wide left but no-one wide right, Kennedy made a bit of a difference as he got the ball twice, first one put a fizzin ball across, second time he skinned the player and got brought down looked like a blatant penalty from the town end, although there wasn't much appeal  from the players. I like Newsham, think he's good, Davidson is a small player in a tall players body, liking the ball down to feet , doesn't seem to jump for headers, which confuses people as he seems to be the target man, in my view we should just go for it in the next game with camm and church in the middle with cotton and kennedy wide and newsh and clarkey up front..  a lot of energy there. Speaking of energy, can't fault the players for the workrate, just a lack of skill and a bit of finesse.
All in all i think we'll be fine, but its just ideas aren't coming fast enough at the minute, Don't mean to be harsh , as im not a critical person, but that is what i saw for the main part of the game tonight...

GREAT GOAL MARK CAMM!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 10:37:05 PM »
Very poor tonight, about on a par with Saturday. Thought we where lucky to come away with a point, totally outplayed first half. Second half was more even, once they got their goal though they went into their shell. Personally think if they had been more adventurous they would of taken all 3 points. Agree about the long ball, it seems to have been used far to much in the last couple of games, when in the first 5 we had been passing the ball well and getting the results to match. Let's hope the cup game on Saturday gives us that much needed first home win to build on.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 10:37:13 PM »
Another thing, does anyone else think Chris Wood doesn't deserve a starting place?

I have thought that since the first home game. He was also shockingly bad against Hucknall, giving their left winger, the one that went down for the penalty under his challenge, far too much room and time to cause us problems.

Play Canners at RB with Pearson along Parker in the middle.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
Didn't think there was much wrong with the first half. Not super exciting but did most things right. Defence worked well and squeezed up, stopped them playing, had plenty of possession and I thought that Davidson looked very sharp.
Second half though was totally different. Matlock kept the ball, pulled us wide left and right and dominated throughout. We just didn't seem to have any answers.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 10:44:56 PM »
 Think Canners may lack pace for a full-back  role now..

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 10:46:01 PM »
Win the midfield battle, then play your football was what impressed so much in the first 4 games.

Tonight we did neither, if they are taking the piss kick 'em, stop them taking the piss so it gives you chance to.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostons Arab Buyer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 10:50:29 PM »
 Play Canners at RB with Pearson along Parker in the middle. [/quote]

I think Cullingworth should be right back with Pearson (who looked very good when he came on for Canners) and Canoville with Parker left back. I know he isn't naturally left footed but I think Jackson is too inexperienced for the role every game.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 10:55:03 PM »
Well, since Matlock bummed us in the gob on our own turf last year, I'm delighted with the point - onwards and upwards. With this steady points scoring, we'll be there or thereabouts at Christmas and, once the team has properly gelled, we'll be ready to press on and emphatically piss this tinpot pub league into oblivion.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 10:59:36 PM »
its becoming really frustrating to watch when its just hoof ball and no precision in the final 3rd,

Somthing that is really annoying me is how teams come to us (prety much a mid table team) and they just park the bus up when there drawing and keep it there,
and there fans where extactic about a 1-1 draw agaisnt a team who played piss poor 2nite

Im beginning to see chris wood and l.parker now and again as weak links

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 10:59:49 PM »
maybe 7 pts in 1st 3 games wasn't the best thing too do ,because it seems now the expectations are huge

yes we wanna be a team challenging but gotta remember this team is still gelling as a unit

agree their is some tweaking too do here and there but i believe R&S will see this and adress the problems

i feel we need to be playing 4-4-2 so were able to stretch teams ,the 4-3-3 were playing atm seems abit too narrow at times with not natural wide outlet

keep the faith in these lads, this time last year all we were asking for was effort, and we've got that now

Onwards and Upwards  !
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:35:50 AM by Big-Tom »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 10:59:57 PM »
Well, since Matlock bummed us in the gob on our own turf last year, I'm delighted with the point - onwards and upwards. With this steady points scoring, we'll be there or thereabouts at Christmas and, once the team has properly gelled, we'll be ready to press on and emphatically piss this tinpot pub league into oblivion.

That's the spirit ;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.