Author Topic: Im worried and its only pre season  (Read 11412 times)

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Im worried and its only pre season
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 05:46:45 PM »
Have a feeling about this season. Think we'll struggle and DG will quit by end of October. Hope I'm proved wrong.

In respect of the games I've seen so far, I've not been overly convinced. Against Posh I thought we did ok. Not so good against Lincoln and then even worse against Spalding - against the sort of team / tactics we are likely to face at Home in this league.

Can't afford to get off to a bad start.

TEP

Similar here. Looked quite good v Posh, especially 2nd half, but very poor v Spalding and defensively all over the place v Stamford. Squad still seems too thin and we lack a commanding CB and someone sharp up top to go with Colley. (Maybe Fairhurst will get sharper). Need to make use of our wingers and Colley to whip some crosses into the box.
I know people say don't read into preseason but you see Halifax whipping teams yet we can't put away Spalding and Stamford, it does make me wonder how far off the pace we'll be if and when we sort it out fully. I can't make King's Lynn but will go to Gateshead (who beat Darlington 2-0). Hopefully we'll give competitive showings there but I fear many have already made up their minds and we'll be a sub par turnout next Saturday

That,s it then Halifax win the league and Boston relegated ,    hang on a minute in February some on here said we had no chance of the play-offs , I think their predictions will be way of the mark again .

Re:  CBs , a lot depends on Browns fitness ,  with Mcquire a far better reader of the game than last seasons CBs I think we wll not leak so many goals .

Yes mr hatsmate relegation thats the patter optimism

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 10:23:01 PM »
Have a feeling about this season. Think we'll struggle and DG will quit by end of October. Hope I'm proved wrong.

In respect of the games I've seen so far, I've not been overly convinced. Against Posh I thought we did ok. Not so good against Lincoln and then even worse against Spalding - against the sort of team / tactics we are likely to face at Home in this league.

Can't afford to get off to a bad start.

TEP

Similar here. Looked quite good v Posh, especially 2nd half, but very poor v Spalding and defensively all over the place v Stamford. Squad still seems too thin and we lack a commanding CB and someone sharp up top to go with Colley. (Maybe Fairhurst will get sharper). Need to make use of our wingers and Colley to whip some crosses into the box.
I know people say don't read into preseason but you see Halifax whipping teams yet we can't put away Spalding and Stamford, it does make me wonder how far off the pace we'll be if and when we sort it out fully. I can't make King's Lynn but will go to Gateshead (who beat Darlington 2-0). Hopefully we'll give competitive showings there but I fear many have already made up their minds and we'll be a sub par turnout next Saturday

That,s it then Halifax win the league and Boston relegated ,    hang on a minute in February some on here said we had no chance of the play-offs , I think their predictions will be way of the mark again .

Re:  CBs , a lot depends on Browns fitness ,  with Mcquire a far better reader of the game than last seasons CBs I think we wll not leak so many goals .

Certainly all through last season there were predictions made that proved to be very far off the mark indeed. We at Boston do seem to be doom mongerers all the time, it does make me wonder just why players want to sign for us when they must read so much negativity all the time.  I will save my judgement for after 4 -5 games in, when we will see just how, or how not, the team is gelling.

As for pre season, and results -  the results are a bonus, but pre season games are about fitness, playing players in differing positions to see if they are versatile, something best done now rather than than in a league game. The games are also about working on set pieces and other technical aspects as well as rotating players so most of the time we won't have a settled 11 on the pitch.  Only when we will have, will we then have a better understanding.  Be patient peeps.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 07:28:00 AM »
Well said!  I'd give it 10 games though!

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 07:59:31 PM »
See,  i said don't panic and we are now already 2-0 up at Lynn before ten mins are on the clock - Liam Adams opened the scoring, although now our twitter page has said Chippendale, before Lamin Colley gets the second.  OK, no knee jerk reactions here, but we are gonna p**s this tin pot league  :bunny lol

Now 3-0
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:09:37 PM by leftbackinthedressingroom »

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 08:11:09 PM »
Pre season is all about fitness and trialists,we shipped four out after one game remember.. Den knows what he is doing and don't panic about Nat he will be back shortly ;)

3-0 after 15 mins and not conceded sounds good to me :D

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 08:46:03 PM »
Sounds like Smith and Colley are running them ragged.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 08:53:38 PM »
Anyone know anything about Cornelius Rampant & Pepe Gomez, who are on the team sheet for us according to the photo posted on twitter by a Lynn journalist ? 

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 08:55:35 PM »
Are they the two trialists tonight?? I know that the conceding from set pieces that was moaned about on here is or has been sorted so maybe one or both of these..

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 09:25:49 PM »
Are they the two trialists tonight?? I know that the conceding from set pieces that was moaned about on here is or has been sorted so maybe one or both of these..

I would guess so, but i am left confused as our official twitter say's two trialists started the first half, while the team sheet i have seen said that this Pepe guy was on the bench.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 09:30:03 PM »
Rampant and Price,would they be trialists??

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 09:41:09 PM »

Ollie Price is one of our youth players. I have just figured that on the team sheet the name Pepe Gomez as it is written down has to be Pepe Ngoma surely ?

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 09:42:25 PM »
Thought it was that Ollie... Well,if the trialist(s) were any good we shall soon know who they are lol

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 10:30:39 PM »

Ollie Price is one of our youth players

Used to be. Went to America last summer, but I'm guessing he's back. Deserves a squad place I think, on tonight's performane.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2016, 11:05:12 PM »
Thought we played ok tonight - particularly in the first half. Smith got involved well. As did Collie. Our full backs looked good as well. Lynn weren't up to much though.

Still can't see what Fairhurst adds. Hopefully this will become apparent when the season starts. Seem to remember we've had a couple of fairly high profile players over the last few pre-seasons who haven't quite made it with us for one reason or another.

I sat with the Lynn News journalist as he is a good friend of mine. We were both thinking the player, Rampant, for Boston had to be a made up name !

TEP

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2016, 08:33:54 AM »
Improved performance last night from what I have seen. Looked more organised, McGuire had a very good game as did Ollie Price. Colley played well and Gregg Smith could be what we have been missing up front, someone with a bit of muscle and gets stuck in. Liked the look of Cornelius Rampant and love his name even more!
The passing was good, precise and quick. There was plenty of technical skill too with St Juste and Adams being the pick. Marshall just needs to get his head up earlier.
Jury is out on Fairhurst at the moment, he looks way off the pace.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:26:40 PM by beefpilgrim »
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds