Author Topic: Fylde game  (Read 19035 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fylde game
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 10:23:09 PM »
Regardless of circumstances, we rarely come away with anything from midweek matches up north. Season over now.  Need to learn how to grind results out when the going is tough.

Season over................. Rubish!!!!

Get a grip win at guiseley and its wide open again

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 10:29:12 PM »
Regardless of circumstances, we rarely come away with anything from midweek matches up north. Season over now.  Need to learn how to grind results out when the going is tough.

"Season over"  Don't talk like a prat, I will tell you what I will be going to Guiseley on Saturday and will have room in my car for you to come along and support the lads. There will be plenty of other fans there cheering the lads on and like me who do not think the season is over, The offer is there just reply on here and we will make arrangements and I will buy you a pint on the day.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 10:38:50 PM »
Or do what i am. Book a hotel and make a weekend of it

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 10:44:25 PM »
Makes sense in Gods own county Bostonshire.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 10:55:46 PM »
wife wants a trip to esholt (where they filmed emmerdale many moons ago) so thought i book weekend up there, keeps the wife happy and gets me to a game

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 10:55:59 PM »
Time for an Appeal to the League about this game? Started 35 minutes late and BUFC did not have preparation time due to exceptional circumstances. Can we ask League for game to be replayed at a later date? Not ideal for fans or expenses but vital that we get some points from a replayed match. Craig, is there a precedent for this?

You must be  joking!!!!!

Worth a try though, don't you think? What have we to lose?
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Odin

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 11:40:04 PM »
Heard some of the Fylde supporters comment that Boston were one of the best teams they have seen this season.
I think Boston were slightly the better side but the main difference between the teams was that Fylde took shots at our goal but we actually had very few attempts on their goal. We need shooting practice. Perhaps playing on grass didn't help us

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2015, 09:08:11 AM »
Heard some of the Fylde supporters comment that Boston were one of the best teams they have seen this season.

Fans always say that with a grin on there faces,  Boston just need to be able to play in front of a man and his dog.

Odin

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 09:22:15 AM »
There were actually two Fylde followers who had their dogs with them. There was also an odd looking bird walking around.
Not enough attempts on goal was our downfall. Played some great passing football and that was a real treat but an empty onion bag.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 09:26:49 AM »
Season isn't over but probably will be of we lose to guiesely Saturday. As for replaying the game what a ridiculous statement there are no grounds for this what so ever!!! Yes the bus was late which isn't ideal but we lost fair and square.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 12:47:40 PM »
Oxo - thanks for the offer. Away games have been few and far between for me this season as I'm renovating my house and time has been at a premium. It's a six hour round trip from my Norfolk abode to Guiseley but if I do decide to come then I'll take you up on the offer of a pint  :)

So, 'season over'. Maybe a bit of a knee jerk reaction to last night's result but how many more games can we afford to lose ? We have already lost nine. If you look back over the last six years in the Conference North then you will see that teams losing any more than ten games do not make the play offs. In fact, in the 2011/12 season, Nuneaton only just scraped into the play-offs and they only lost eight games all season.

You could argue that we could get away with losing another but with so many teams around us on similar points it is unlikely. Couple this with the fact that we still have to travel to Guiseley, Hednesford, Solihull and Oxford City - and face Tamworth at home then I don't see us realistically being able to do it - hence 'season over'.

TEP

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2015, 01:15:13 PM »

Having taken time off work and got all the way to Fylde I would have been extremely annoyed if the game had been called off. I would have approached Fylde from a different direction to our team bus, didn't have any travel issues getting there (except for finding the ground which wasn't signposted - good job the floodlights were on) and was in the ground about an hour before the scheduled kick-off time. Overhearing a conversation between the Fylde manager and one of their club officials before our team bus had arrived, the Fylde manager actually wanted the game called off! He was saying if Boston were more than half an hour late then he wanted the game postponed because it wasn't fair on the home side and their preparation, blah blah blah. On reflection I think it affected the away side's preparation more!

Let's be honest, the Conference fixture computer / administrators must take some responsibility for what happened yesterday. At the start of the season they know which Saturdays are FA Cup and FA Trophy round dates, and yet they still produce league fixtures pairing sides from opposite sides of the country on those dates. It only needs one of the teams to progress therefore and suddenly you've got a logistical nightmare of an away team and its supporters having to travel the full width of the country on a Tuesday night. I know a lot of the regular Boston away support, and there were a lot of people not at AFC Fylde last night who I would normally expect to see; therefore Fylde also take lower gate receipts as a result. (Similarly didn't Boston lose out last season through the visit of Stockport being rescheduled for midweek)? The answer is surely to try and schedule the more local league fixtures on the FA Round Dates. If we had to travel to a Gainsborough, Ferriby, Leamington, Tamworth, Harrogate, etc., for a 7:45 on a Tuesday night then it'd be so much simpler than trying to get to AFC Fylde?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2015, 01:45:16 PM »
Us been late played into there hands so cant see why the flyde manager was moaning.
Been late did not give us time to work with the likes of southwell and felix so this must have benefited them more than us.

Anyway we are Boston. we stand up in the face of adverse and get on with it, We dont lay down and cry and moan about it we just get on with it. Onwards to Guiseley

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2015, 04:03:20 PM »
Season over? No. Season very difficult? Yes!

3 points at Guiseley required - and out of the 2 games, if I had to choose only one to win, it would be Saturday.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2015, 05:22:06 PM »
Season isn't over but probably will be of we lose to guiesely Saturday. As for replaying the game what a ridiculous statement there are no grounds for this what so ever!!! Yes the bus was late which isn't ideal but we lost fair and square.
"Fair and square". A terminology which may well be ok in the amateur Corinthian football of 50 years ago - but this is 21st Century semi-pro football with money involved and promotion to a pro league at stake. If AFCF wanted game off too, there may be mitigating circumstances in which the League Committee may agree to replay. League Committee sometimes make extraordinary decisions (Lincs League for example!) so why not have a go? Sitting back and accepting the result is, well, unacceptable! If the Committee rejects the Appeal, then so be it - but let's try at least! To not try - now THAT would be ridiculous, Carl!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 05:25:10 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"