Author Topic: v Stalybridge  (Read 9511 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Stalybridge
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2014, 05:50:21 PM »
Someone mentioned Robins earlier and actually sa him a couple of times with son in law last season and yes he could definitely 100% make the move up, but two possible draw backs, I think he lives near Leicester somewhere and second would involve a transfer fee which one assumes we most certainly don't have

Ryan Robbins does live in Leicester, though that wouldn't take him out of our catchment area - we have got players who travel further. I saw him play several times for Coalville and whilst he always scored a lot of goals, he also seemed to get himself sent off two or three times each season. After being the top scorer in Coalville's division he moved to King's Lynn amongst a lot of publicity, but then somehow ended up leaving there without actually playing for the club. Something wasn't quite right somewhere, and I remember reading something about problems between him and the King's Lynn supporters.  Maybe he's matured, and if he's got his head in the right place then he'd no doubt be a very good player who could make the step up. But it'd be a gamble. Not naming names here, but I suspect we've probably learnt about the risks of those kinds of signings.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2014, 06:08:53 PM »
We are gonna have to take a gamble on a lower league player as I suspect we won't be able to afford a proven striker at our level and we need to stop thinking ricky miller is gonna come back on loan as can't see it happening with him being involved in squad at luton at the moment..

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2014, 06:15:10 PM »
First off I don't expect we will be paying money for anyone. Secondly yes a lot of the squad are younger and unproven this season (Barlow, Hollingsworth, Hewitt, Sanders, Fallah etc) but we have a bigger squad compared to previous seasons so maybe the wages have have just been spread about a bit more? Although having said that whilst I don't think there is much left in the budget I would expect enough has been left for one more forward when the right one comes along as I don't believe the budget would have all been spent with it being common knowledge all season we need another centre forward.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2014, 06:27:18 AM »
+1Carl

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2014, 09:57:35 AM »
Maybe not enough in the kitty for a good striker Carl but with the squad size 2/3 players can be moved on to boost the kitty .

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2014, 06:45:40 PM »
+1 for you as well GHM. If  DG finds a really decent striker, get rid of 2 or 3 to pay for him.

Defenders and midfield players invariably stop you loosing games, forwards win them, a simple fact. Just look at the transfer window to prove that!