Author Topic: Bradford Park Avenue - A Tough Un  (Read 9278 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Bradford Park Avenue - A Tough Un
« on: September 24, 2013, 11:40:19 AM »
I don't expect an easy game for the Pilgrims tonight. BPA lost their first two games but have not lost since and have recently beaten Telford and drew against the unbeaten Solihull on Saturday. Won't be too disheartened if it's a draw, especially as we are yet to beat anyone in the top 14 places in the league this season.

Admiration is growing for the management team, however, particularly after Saturday when they realised things weren't really working and changed things around with a positive outcome. Would like to see us stick with three up front as if BPA do have a weakness, it looks like it's in their defence as no team in the league has conceded more goals than they have.

DL

bostonian

• View Profile
Re: Bradford Park Avenue - A Tough Un
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »
would have happily taken a draw in the last away game but 3 was a bonus. a draw tonight would see us on track

Pilgrims007

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 01:13:09 PM »
I think this will be a close game but I think if we want to go up this season then type of game which we have to win. 

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »
I don't expect an easy game for the Pilgrims tonight. BPA lost their first two games but have not lost since and have recently beaten Telford and drew against the unbeaten Solihull on Saturday. Won't be too disheartened if it's a draw, especially as we are yet to beat anyone in the top 14 places in the league this season.

Admiration is growing for the management team, however, particularly after Saturday when they realised things weren't really working and changed things around with a positive outcome. Would like to see us stick with three up front as if BPA do have a weakness, it looks like it's in their defence as no team in the league has conceded more goals than they have.

DL

It will be tough DL, no doubt about that and a few more to come in the next 5,6 games or so. But I question you're three forwards remark, have done all season. The majority of the time, with two of those playing so deep, to me, we are more accurately playing 4-5-1. Interesting to know what others feel on that one. It only becomes more like three up front when we get Miller on the ball, which then allows Newsh, SWD and sometimes our centre mid the time to get forward far more often, and that's where we all like seeing them. It also suggests that we could be better served having Timms feeding the full backs more regularly and over some of his gigantic clearances. Personally I also don't feel we need the 6' type midfield player DG suggested, we have ball winners don't we? I would prefer to see a very mobile and hopefully creative addition, because despite scoring in most games, on examination how many clear cut chances for those 'front three' are we actually creating, one area against the better teams, we may need to improve on.
A win tonight though, and it's surely possible, we could move into the top three and we will no doubt all start getting very dizzy if that happens. Cant wait.

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 06:35:21 PM »
Have high hopes for the team at the moment, timms is hardly being tested thanks to our solid defence, the midfields playing nicely and the forwards are scoring goals. think another midfielder is needed with a bit more of an attacking threat who will score a few goals a provide that killer threw ball

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 08:08:06 PM »
2 down in 10 mins and a 3rd ruled out for offside... its our 3rd slow start in 5 games

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 08:22:07 PM »
Sounds like they're all over us...

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 08:32:26 PM »
Possibly a wake up call......... :-\

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 09:33:14 PM »
we seem  to get back into games more than we used too. Interesting to here we have not been in the lead at half time.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 09:41:29 PM »
What is worrying for me is when you look at our bench...nothing there to worry about for the opposition.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 09:43:59 PM »
As well as it sounded... you just can't defend like that and expect to get anything against sides like BPA... we said on Saturday a really good side would've punished us more in the first half hour and tonight they did.

Not a particularly good crowd either given how well the home form had been... but hopefully we can nail a cup win and then get back on track against Big Bad Barrow

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 10:13:10 PM »
The team was set up wrong from the start tonight. Seemed to.change things at two nil.but it was always going to.be a big ask from there

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 10:23:14 PM »
 Seems manager has to look at defense again..and maybe demand more investment from chairman .
  Goals against points to upper mid table .

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »
We should be happy with 2-3 loss first half torn apart could have been five as BPA had chance after clear cut chance.

Cannot put my finger on it but BPA looked slicker, faster, more movement all over.

At least we made a fight of it.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 10:32:25 PM »
Seems manager has to look at defense again..and maybe demand more investment from chairman .
  Goals against points to upper mid table .

Yet most people would say we look considerably more solid at the back with the changes... but the top teams will let in about a goal a game. we're nearer 1.5 goals per game

Stafford away on Saturday is just as big as our league games... its free money if we win