Author Topic: WilliWon'tee  (Read 9142 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: WilliWon'tee
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 08:28:20 PM »
Just need a decent keeper to sign!

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 08:44:06 PM »
Well done Mr Chairman and D Green in getting a trio of players signed tonight, this is Good news proven good players to hopefully get the team into this seasons play-offs and next years campaign whatever league we are in, this goes to prove GHM that you don't have to be a sugar daddy and throw big money to get the players to resign for the oncoming season, this is a big improvement on last years fiasco with R M, nothing is more disheartening then to see your best players departing to other clubs in the same or even lower leagues for free, if other clubs want to sign our best players , at least they will have to pay a transfer fee for them now.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 08:56:11 PM »
Well done Mr Chairman and D Green in getting a trio of players signed tonight, this is Good news proven good players to hopefully get the team into this seasons play-offs and next years campaign whatever league we are in, this goes to prove GHM that you don't have to be a sugar daddy and throw big money to get the players to resign for the oncoming season, this is a big improvement on last years fiasco with R M, nothing is more disheartening then to see your best players departing to other clubs in the same or even lower leagues for free, if other clubs want to sign our best players , at least they will have to pay a transfer fee for them now.

Good to see Dens doubters starting to back him .     The squad now has more qaulity than any since our FL days .   If we miss the play-off we have a good base to build on for next season .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 09:07:38 PM »
What fantastic news, Well done Dennis and David if he has provided an extra few quid. I said on here last weekend that the manager was confident of signing Dayle this week but having tied Zack up as well is a real bonus. Surely the stay aways will return. We clearly now have a club doing the right things to boost our play off hopes but even if we don't go up this season we are clearly putting together a squad that can hit the ground running next season. As Dennis said last week at Hyde the past few seasons have seen us struggling to get a squad together by Christmas and this has been reflected in poor results in the F A Cup for example. May I say that many question Dennis on here but you know he is always available for a chat and listening to supporters comments and views at both home and away matches so have a word with him. I think today is a great boost and if ever lapsed supporters needed a boost this is it. Let us all spread the word and get people to Saturdays game to cheer on the lads  to the play offs.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 09:13:11 PM »
Sorry I missed the other two lads particularly Jones, This lad has been fantastic and the understanding between him and Dayle is leading to a great strike force

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 10:49:20 PM »
Certainly a statement of intent

truthsayer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 06:34:53 AM »
Just need a decent keeper to sign!
I see from his twitter feed that Times is fit and eager to play... ;D
TS

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 06:45:07 AM »
Good to see Dens doubters starting to back him .     The squad now has more qaulity than any since our FL days .

Personally I think Scott and Hurst's squad of McKeown, Pearson, Church, Sleath, etc., would have just had the edge on the current side, but it'd be a close call. The squad we've got now is certainly better than anything Tommy Taylor, Graham Drury or Jason Lee ever assembled.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2015, 08:32:17 AM »
Good to see Dens doubters starting to back him .     The squad now has more qaulity than any since our FL days .

Personally I think Scott and Hurst's squad of McKeown, Pearson, Church, Sleath, etc., would have just had the edge on the current side, but it'd be a close call. The squad we've got now is certainly better than anything Tommy Taylor, Graham Drury or Jason Lee ever assembled.

Add Newsham to the above four  and I think thats about all S&H quality players covered .

Greene has Mills, Piergianni , Steer, Dixon , Felix , Southwell, Garner and Jones etc .

The present sqaud apart from Newsham are all Greenes signings .

Most of Rob & Paul sqaud was what had been assembled by David Holdsworth at Ilkeston apart that is from the outstanding player Shaun Pearson who it is claimed was a Steve Welch "find"

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2015, 09:54:14 AM »

And to think Newton admitted to over spending back then shows how good greens team is becoming

Odin

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2015, 01:07:10 PM »
I thought 'should I start a new topic titled HeDid HeDid' but that would have to change to TheyDid TheyDid and I wouldn't want to draw criticism.
DG has done well and DN must be in there for praise as well because he is the purse holder.
Great signings which everyone is saying will mean hitting the ground running next season unlike previous seasons when we hit the ground hoping to have a better team by Christmas. No play offs this season in my opinion but roll on the Autumn.
Optimism returning to the supporters, including me.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2015, 05:48:32 PM »
We've secured the services of some players that have done well for us so far this season. However, we may not make the play-offs and that could be viewed as being an unsuccessful season. Lots of teams have a handful of good players but you need more if you are going to progress. For the good players that have signed, how many others have been involved that haven't been good enough and have either left or are still on board ? It would be refreshing for the management team to give some feedback about the failures as well. Why they thought they were good enough when after one or two games they clearly weren't. We have used in the region of 40 players this season.

If Greene fails to upgrade the rest of the team either this season or for next season then potentially we may well be in the same position this time next year in terms of success.

TEP

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »
We've secured the services of some players that have done well for us so far this season. However, we may not make the play-offs and that could be viewed as being an unsuccessful season. Lots of teams have a handful of good players but you need more if you are going to progress. For the good players that have signed, how many others have been involved that haven't been good enough and have either left or are still on board ? It would be refreshing for the management team to give some feedback about the failures as well. Why they thought they were good enough when after one or two games they clearly weren't. We have used in the region of 40 players this season.

If Greene fails to upgrade the rest of the team either this season or for next season then potentially we may well be in the same position this time next year in terms of success.

TEP

Managers at this level are like everything else at this level. Refs/players etc if you got it right first time everytime you would be at the top level

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2015, 07:48:46 PM »

TEP

Most teams at this level have a big turnover of players , some I would guess without a club particualy
pre-season come for no pay for a few games in an attempt to secure a contract .     I,d don,t think a feedback on the failures serves any purpose as most fans can see why they are rejected .