Author Topic: David Newton's interview  (Read 8750 times)

Joe65

• View Profile
David Newton's interview
« on: September 19, 2010, 08:24:10 PM »
Just listened to this....interesting to hear what David had to say.

He's talking to managers about new contract and also says that if we needed to we would ground share if that would mean we could play in Football League again.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/184396-boston-united-chairman-david-newton

qwerty

• View Profile
Re: David Newton's interview
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 11:17:48 AM »
and he also says that he's finding it difficult to get the proposed new 'stadium site' past the environment agencys flood risk assesment.

So from that we can assume they have located a potential site either  by purchase or option to purchase. 

Where is it?

Google earth Boston and surrounding land and there isn't much option really.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 05:22:23 PM »
and he also says that he's finding it difficult to get the proposed new 'stadium site' past the environment agencys flood risk assesment.

So from that we can assume they have located a potential site either  by purchase or option to purchase. 

Where is it?

Google earth Boston and surrounding land and there isn't much option really.

Reading between the lines it sounds that a lot more than just a bit of land has been found.

I got that feeling anyway

Bob Lee

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 06:04:36 PM »
Groundshare with who?

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 06:26:16 PM »
So if it's a flood risk area we can assume it's on low lying ground. Well that narrows it down a bit.  ;D
How about Willoughby Hills, that sounds promising.
Seriously though, the interview gave the distinct impression that plans and location are well advanced, just needs the environment agency to give a bit. Perhaps we can expect some really good Christmas presents with regard to managers and site.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 07:38:54 PM »
So if it's a flood risk area we can assume it's on low lying ground. Well that narrows it down a bit.  ;D

All of Boston and surrounding area is considered to be flood risk. The rules have been relaxed a bit though over the last 18 months.

How about Willoughby Hills

Wrong side of town ;)

And before you ask I'm not privi to any information that's not already in the public domain but there's been enough clues about.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 09:41:01 PM »
Groundshare with who?

If they'd accommodate us, Peterborough would probably be the best option once they open that new stretch of the A16 there...

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 09:44:58 PM »
Lincoln and Peterborough are about the same distance, although were doing well at the moment league 2 is still a a long way away!

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 11:01:04 PM »
I suspect the groundshare idea is a last resort if it's the only way we could get back in the Football League while our ground is built etc and to satisfy the lease rules.

I suspect the club hasn't even talked to any club about that as it's all ifs buts and maybes at the mo.

In reality, even if we went up this season it's unlikely we'd be strong enough to go up again on the pitch - the gap between Conf Prem and Conf North is a lot bigger than the step up we've just made from Unibond.

Despite that, good that they're thinking about all the scenarios, another example of how well run we are now.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 09:36:18 AM »
I think there are rules about which prohibit taking out a groundshare just to satisfy promotion.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 09:36:50 AM »
Just keep checking the fag packets for details of the new stadium  ;) ;D

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 10:18:02 AM »
Point of order: 1. The A16 doesn't go to Peterborough, but to Stamford.
2. There are no plans to improve it.

I presume that you are referring to the redeveloped A1079 which is collapsing into a bog at present.

In the present climate the ambitious plans of Peterborough City Council may come to naught and the Posh could be looking for a ground share.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 11:24:36 AM »
I'm sure a Rooster knows everything and is currently downloading all the irrelevant information.  ;D

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 02:16:47 PM »

I presume that you are referring to the redeveloped A1079 which is collapsing into a bog at present.

In the present climate the ambitious plans of Peterborough City Council may come to naught and the Posh could be looking for a ground share.

The new road is taking the A16 number... And as I say - once they open it.

http://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/news/Chance-to-see-route-of.4524659.jp

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 02:49:31 PM »

And if we're going to get pedantic, I used to work just off on the A1079, it's in Yorkshire. You mean the A1073..